Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1498

I usually quit Marvel for 5 years or so with no good Gambit material. The last time I quit it was 7 years before I came back. Somehow my returns coincide with a Gambit solo getting released. Quit after UXM #350, came back for FabNic’s solo. Quit towards the end of XXM when the art got bad and I got tired of Claremazons saving the day. Came back for Asmus and stayed for All New XFactor. Quit when both ended (and I had a baby). Came back mostly bc I never finished this fanfic I was working on and felt guilty about it, but then look, a wild Gambit solo suddenly appeared. (Maybe I should quit every 2 years? Then they’ll make Gambit solos to entice me back.) For me, there is no substitute, though I read Mark Waid’s Daredevil and enjoyed. When I was 16, my mom’s friend unloaded a box of old comics on me, and it had Frank Miller’s Daredevil run in it. It was like (mind blowing explosion noises). So I kinda have a thing for Matty.

Astonishing Member

UXM #350? Is it a coincidence that this is around the time of the mutant massacre involvement revealed or was that actualy the cause of a rage quit on your part (which is an understandable reaction BTW)?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I am legit crying laughing and it’s not just the hay fever. I can’t believe this exists.

Absolutely peacocking. I crowed when I read Tatum’s quote on Gambit fashion. Yes! He gets it! Do not take yourself too seriously. That is why the first two Thor movies sucked. Wear pink shirts and cyan boots. When people say: thieves don’t wear metal boots you say: your ability to suspend disbelief needs readjusted, mon ami! Now lookit these gloves I got that only cover two fingers! a-Hahaha!
    Well there is always the great explanation that when someone actualy manages to catch sight of a guy who is allready quite talented in remaining unseen, how will they feel when they have to describe his appearance with those details involved?

"Allright mister millionair. How would you describe the thief?"
    "Well he is around 8 feet tall. Well build. Handsome face. Though he covers his head in a sock like thing that leaves his face and hair exposed. A brown trenchcoat too. He also wore a pink... no magenta colored shirt. However it was more like those chest pieces ancient greek warriors would wear. The ones that have muscles molded on them. But it's still magenta colored. He also wore metal boots, which didn't made any clanking sound. Also he wore skintight black pants with mangenta colored stripes on the side. Oh and gloves which only covered the ring and pinky finger."
    "Anything else sir?"
    "Yes he spoke with a french accent and his eyes glowed red in the dark."
    "Sir?"
    "Yes officer?"
    "Would you mind standing on this line, stretch out your arms and then try to point at your own nose please?"
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-24-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I usually quit Marvel for 5 years or so with no good Gambit material. The last time I quit it was 7 years before I came back. Somehow my returns coincide with a Gambit solo getting released. Quit after UXM #350, came back for FabNic’s solo. Quit towards the end of XXM when the art got bad and I got tired of Claremazons saving the day. Came back for Asmus and stayed for All New XFactor. Quit when both ended (and I had a baby). Came back mostly bc I never finished this fanfic I was working on and felt guilty about it, but then look, a wild Gambit solo suddenly appeared. (Maybe I should quit every 2 years? Then they’ll make Gambit solos to entice me back.) For me, there is no substitute, though I read Mark Waid’s Daredevil and enjoyed. When I was 16, my mom’s friend unloaded a box of old comics on me, and it had Frank Miller’s Daredevil run in it. It was like (mind blowing explosion noises). So I kinda have a thing for Matty.
    OMG! Always been a fan of Daredevil. Still love his appearance in Gambit #11

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    What characters fill Gambit's absence for you? When Gambit isn't around I usually pick a substitute for my favourite character that is in the current lineup.

After his trial and abandonment I found that Maggott filled that role and kept things interesting.

After his 1st ongoing got cancelled and before he joined X-Treme it was Chamber who is still my second or third overall.

After he became Death, Warpath filled that void when he joined Uncanny.
    None for me. I rarely if ever read comics if Gambit is not involved. Last comic book series I read without Gambit was Spurrier's Legion, the Godkiller arc of Thor, and a Snake Eyes comic.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

I was never really a comic reader due to being poor. I only recently started reading comics with Gambit but he’s been one of my top 5 favorite characters since I saw him in the animated show. So this is my first time really going through the gambit lull since I caught up on a lot of the comics during this whole Excalibur fiasco so it was never really affecting me til now.

Overall Gambit is portrayed a lot cooler in media outside of comics. Now that I’m more familiar with comic writers it seems 90% of writers tried to humanize or make Gambit vulnerable to be more relatable. In the movies they just unleash his coolness. I think writers like Liu, Claremont still hold up as my favorites for Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Always been a fan of Daredevil. Still love his appearance in Gambit #11

Also when he dressed as Daredevil in Gambit & Deadpool #1

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    And ever so briefly, their team-up during Tree of Knowledge

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I was never really a comic reader due to being poor. I only recently started reading comics with Gambit but he’s been one of my top 5 favorite characters since I saw him in the animated show. So this is my first time really going through the gambit lull since I caught up on a lot of the comics during this whole Excalibur fiasco so it was never really affecting me til now.

Overall Gambit is portrayed a lot cooler in media outside of comics. Now that I’m more familiar with comic writers it seems 90% of writers tried to humanize or make Gambit vulnerable to be more relatable. In the movies they just unleash his coolness. I think writers like Liu, Claremont still hold up as my favorites for Gambit

I don't mind Gambit being vulnerable or failing at times but there definitely needs to be a balance between those moments and cool moments. Liu and Claremont found did the balance right. Nicieza too
    Make Good Art

They're teasing Gambit's return in the preview for Knights #5: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/25/ex...nights-of-x-5/

I feel like throwing up
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    They're teasing Gambit's return in the preview for Knights #5: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/25/ex...nights-of-x-5/

I feel like throwing up
    Why so nervous? We should be happy! Rejoice! -.- 6 days to go.

It's almost like everyone doomsaying about this storyline wasn't reading the obvious set up within the book.

I feel like throwing up
    Gambit is back, but he is not the same ...

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    It's almost like everyone doomsaying about this storyline wasn't reading the obvious set up within the book.
    It's almost as if the people who were doomsaying had some valid reactions to Tini's treatment of the character and that even though it's obvious he's coming back, the idea of him being changed is what those of us are actually nervous about.
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

Hey if this somehow ends up as the worst Gambit change ever I'd be impressed. Y'all must not remember Peter Milligan's run with him. How can you top that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    UXM #350? Is it a coincidence that this is around the time of the mutant massacre involvement revealed or was that actualy the cause of a rage quit on your part (which is an understandable reaction BTW)?
    Damn skippy, I totally rage quit.

[center]OMG! Always been a fan of Daredevil. Still love his appearance in
    One of my all-time favorite issues. Skroce’s action sequences are incomparable. And yes, I adored Remy playing dress-up in DD’s red pajamas in the Deadpool LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Hey if this somehow ends up as the worst Gambit change ever I'd be impressed. Y'all must not remember Peter Milligan's run with him. How can you top that?
    Fully prepared to rage quit again next Wednesday. I mean, he could be changed into a woman. Speaking from 40+ years of experience, that’s worse than being a fart monster.

Mighty Member

I don't mind Gambit being vulnerable or failing at times but there definitely needs to be a balance between those moments and cool moments. Liu and Claremont found did the balance right. Nicieza too
    I think a better way to put it is I don’t like when writers write Gambit in a way that talks down to the audience. “Gambit is relatable because he can be an idiot or he makes stupid mistakes out of rage”. When writers know how to relate Gambit to the audience by highlighting the positive attributes of the audience that’s what the good Gambit writers have done

And ever so briefly, their team-up during Tree of Knowledge

Haven’t read that one I don’t think. I can add it to the list