Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1498
    Mighty Member

It’s a interesting conversation to have about Remy’s kisses he himself also has to deal with unwanted attention.

Candra especially is an interesting character in Remy’s life when we talk about that romantic energy. It’s interesting how Remy often attracts the energy he puts out. And Remy’s whole life was built around Candra in a way in his time as the theives guild. His goddess literally kisses him then fights him. That might mess up someone’s view of consent a bit I think

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

Everyone thought Gambit was getting into trouble by trying to court Rogue, everyone was afraid of her. Gambit was the one willing to run through hurdles.

When you look at Gambit he had a “take what you want” theif attitude. It took time for him to break out of that

That’s funny you bring this scene up. There was an interesting analysis of this encounter in The Claremont Run not that long ago: https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/sta...26467215286273

The panels that launched 1000 ‘ships.

It’s a interesting conversation to have about Remy’s kisses he himself also has to deal with unwanted attention.
    yep

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    That’s funny you bring this scene up. There was an interesting analysis of this encounter in The Claremont Run not that long ago: https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/sta...26467215286273

The panels that launched 1000 ‘ships.
    It’s a good thread. But I’m not sure I agree that he negged her. He was getting splashed. But other than that I think it’s a good thread

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    yep
    Gambit as a character I think makes people feel safe in a way that disarms people when it comes to kisses. I think when we talk about kissing with Gambit I think it seems less bad because it’s more of a playful thing than a I want to claim you as mine type action that it is with more serious relationship people. I actually think current Gambit couldn’t even get away with kissing randomly because he is a more serious person

Geez all these images from back issues is just making me want to go back and reread them all. I may just do that..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Geez all these images from back issues is just making me want to go back and reread them all. I may just do that..
    There’s definitely a few I want to revisit since I don’t remember them too well. Especially the Asmus series and a few others.

Do I remember rightly that Sage also jump-kissed him a couple times in XXM?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Do I remember rightly that Sage also jump-kissed him a couple times in XXM?
    I tried to find something quickly but couldn’t find anything like that. Doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

Though while reading through XXM a bit I found it interesting how they labeled his powers “explosive telekinesis” I’ve never thought of his powers in that regard

I tried to find something quickly but couldn’t find anything like that. Doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

Though while reading through XXM a bit I found it interesting how they labeled his powers “explosive telekinesis” I’ve never thought of his powers in that regard
    It happened twice, once in XXM and the other in XM. Both by CC >.> Ultimately she did it to restore his powers and the other time to get rid of his blindness.

Both times Gambit thought Sage was Rogue.

As for the explosive telekinesis.. Interesting...... I wish.

Mighty Member

It happened twice, once in XXM and the other in XM. Both by CC >.> Ultimately she did it to restore his powers and the other time to get rid of his blindness.

Both times Gambit thought Sage was Rogue.

As for the explosive telekinesis.. Interesting...... I wish.
    Yeah seeing all the pictures together at once you realize the Xverse has its own kind of rules about this stuff. I always view it as a fantasy where people, especially in the USA where casual kisses and stuff is a lot more taboo than say Europe where you got kisses on the cheek as a greeting for a lot or people. I view it as people at that time trying to rebel against a more restrictive culture of casual sexuality. And I think now with sexuality more out in the open it makes more sense that stuff like that isn’t viewed as rebellion and instead viewed as restrictive

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Surprised Gambit is using cards in the new Claremont mini and not those stupid toothpicks or w/e when he first showed up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surprised Gambit is using cards in the new Claremont mini and not those stupid toothpicks or w/e when he first showed up.
    To be fair he only used them in one issue then they changed it up. Also it seemed his power came from his eyes which I think would have even cooler. But I do think it’s cool he can use any body part to charge things. Wonder what made them change.

To be fair he only used them in one issue then they changed it up. Also it seemed his power came from his eyes which I think would have even cooler. But I do think it’s cool he can use any body part to charge things. Wonder what made them change.
    Indeed. For what it's worth, I'd be interested if they could somehow explore this anomalous phenomena...

From this week's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: Welcome back to X-Men Monday, Jordan! First, X-Fan Vit wanted to thank you for the awesome Gambit mini-series by Chris Claremont and Sid Kotian. Vit really loves it and is happy to see that Gambit #1 broke the top 20 July comic sales. Vit’s question is what must Gambit fans do to see more Gambit solo stories in the present and finally see Remy starring in main events?

Jordan: I mean, it sounds like you’re already doing your part, which is buying the Gambit mini-series and making it a big seller. I think that’s obviously the biggest thing — if we see that Gambit books sell, then Marvel will want us to make more of them.

Gambit’s a great character, so we do try to keep him in the thick of things as much as we can. Obviously, he’s been in Excalibur and then Knight of X recently. With Knights of X ending, he’ll end up somewhere else. Where? It remains to be seen, so you shall see. But I suspect that you will enjoy some more Gambit content in the future.

As far as him being central to events, I think it all depends on the event. He’s a very specific character who has a very specific flavor and feel. I don’t know that he would fit every event front and center, which is not to say that there’s not a place for him — and that’s not to say he won’t be important in big stories in the future, obviously. I think about the best Gambit stories I’ve read and they don’t necessarily always fit with big, giant, crazy events.

Like, could Gambit have been one of the lead characters in A.X.E.: Judgment Day? I think there probably was a way to do it where he could have been one of the main characters instead of one of the ones that Kieron Gillen chose. But it wouldn’t have been my first thought to put Gambit front and center. That said, I have always felt like Gambit is a character who should have a solo series, that he’s a character that, in addition to working well with the X-Men, has so much potential to flourish outside of the X-Men because he’s a suave thief you want to read about.

Now, here’s the Jordan’s-personal-feelings part, OK? So everybody, stop thinking that you’re hearing the thoughts of the Senior Editor for a moment. Personally, the thing that always bogs Gambit down for me as a reader is the Thieves Guild stuff. As soon as we get into the Thieves Guild, I stop being as interested in him. Gambit doing thieving? I’m on board, I’m super into it. But especially with him being the king of the Thieves Guild, I’m just far less interested.

But listen, there will be more Gambit very soon. And I like to think you will be happy with it.
    Last edited by JB; 09-12-2022 at 05:42 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Interesting. A very diplomatic answer but at least we will see him somewhere soon.

The stuff about the Thieves Guild kind of makes me roll my eyes but as long as he's not nixing story pitches that deal with that, I don't really care
    Make Good Art