Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1498

Would love a Gambit and Marrow story that finally developed that relationship further. Maybe something where they both have to revisit the massacre separately and run into each other. Like it has never been fully explored in 616 how much Marrow knows about Gambit's role in the massacre and saving her.

As for the Thieves Guild, I think there is potential there if done right. I was sad Asmus didn't get to expound on it further but if you are going to do it then for me it has to be as a big even in its own right. Something where they are truly a Global org with tentacles in all aspects of society including Krakoa. And one where various misfit mutants are a part of unbeknownst to the Quiet Council. Imagine the TG for example being a bit of a wild card where at times Krakoa needs them to secure something but other times they may be stealing from or working against them. To me it works if you start having Gambit move towards more of his Witness persona ie a guy that was really more than just a thief but an information power broker.

Of course Marvel would never do this because I don't think they view Gambit as competent and big scale enough to run such a Global org. They like him more as a petty street level character IMO.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Would love a Gambit and Marrow story that finally developed that relationship further. Maybe something where they both have to revisit the massacre separately and run into each other. Like it has never been fully explored in 616 how much Marrow knows about Gambit's role in the massacre and saving her. (...)
    When it became certain to me that Marrow wasn't comming back to the X-men anytime soon in the mid 2000's, i felt the whole "saved her during mutant massacre" thing was only a matter of time until it would be entirely put ad acta and disregarded as unimportant to the character's continuity going forward.

Scratch her from Gambit's history, no need to ever ask about it again, disregard the 3 years she was part of the team, etc.

But then Mike Carrey had to write the X-men Origins: Gambit one-shot where he not only detailed why Gambit became in debt to Mister Sinister, including gathering the Marauders for him and therefor being a small participant in his crimes, but also has him saving little Sarah as an important redeeming yet also haunting action during the Mutant Massacre.

And there she was, firmly cemented in the character's mythos. A glaring question still left unadressed and unresolved.

So yeah, there is definetly narrative potential to re-establish some connection between the two and dynamic they could have. If not in the 616 continuity than in an alternate one (including on screen), where she might have a less harebrained backstory overall too.

Especialy since it could be an interesting contrast to the "big brother" relationships he developed with Jubilee, Storm and X-23.

EC1B4F79-1D95-4EAB-862A-CD19F7A98CE3.jpg

There was the tiniest hint that he still thinks of her - the photo (placement is important) on his desk and the note to Call Sarah.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

On the Gambit talk from the editor, here's hoping he ends up on the main X-team. Also with Rogue more showing their relationship.

Wow never noticed that post it note with the reference to Sarah. Very nice touch. I love a callback

Also it looks like Gambit will be in the entire Captain Marvel arc issues #43-49

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Kelly Thompson: "And this whole team — Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Hazmat, Polaris, Wolverine, Gambit, and Psylocke is together for the full arc — CAPTAIN MARVEL #43 - #49. (plus expect some appearances by Binary and Rogue and MAYBE some other guests - wink wink, nudge nudge)."

https://1979semifinalist.substack.com/p/special-guest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    There was the tiniest hint that he still thinks of her - the photo (placement is important) on his desk and the note to Call Sarah.
    If i recall right the artist snuck that little reference in because he liked both characters.

Though seeing how Spurrier's X-force protrayd her 2 years later, it's safe to say that it was really only a little easter egg. (In general she just bounces around between appearances and characterization with zero information on how she ended up there each time or what she was up to in between).

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    On the Gambit talk from the editor, here's hoping he ends up on the main X-team. Also with Rogue more showing their relationship.
    Considering i have little faith in Duggan's writing on X-men, i rather hope he gets on a team and under a writer who can make him shine again.

Did everyone here see this fun variant cover to the second issue of X-Treme X-Men-

I kept waiting for and expecting someone to post it here(or did I just miss it?). I love it! Bishop and Gambit are the best part of it.

Astonishing Member

Gambit 3 Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/ma...view-gambit-3/

We actually get a nice explanation on Gambit costume and why Remy wears it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Gambit 3 Preview

YES PLEASE! This looks sooo gooood.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

She looks good in the ol’ get up

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Gambit 3 Preview

This looks good. Love the part where he stops her from tying her ponytail.

This is shaping up to be a mini that delivers, good for Claremont and Gambit.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

For sure! The art looks great too, I haven't read a book of Sid's before. Very much a style I like to see.

Read issue 3 before work. It was ok. Not more and not less. Some good moments but nothing that I think I will remember.

Art was really good but I have to say that Remy's face looks a tad disjointed in some panels.

For me this was more of a transport to Lila and Bounty who I am looking forward to much more.

I thought it was great, I have no complaints.

Great Stuff:
    o Gambit with a plan. Like an actual plan not involving Pop-Tarts or getting himself killed.
    o Team effort, everyone has a moment.
    o Child!Storm might be scarier than Adult!Storm. It's probably a good thing she doesn't have her full power set yet.
    o Nice set up for the final two issues.
    o Storm sulking at the end. It was cute.
    o Very action-packed! Great to see kicks, punches, and acrobatics clearly illustrated.

Art a bit shaky in a panel here or there, but overall A-OK.

Mighty Member

Feels like a very small controlled story so far. I’m curious how Lila is going to change things

The explanation for Gambit’s suit was good. Makes me think Chris has played the Arkham Knight game because there’s a description just like that for the Bat symbol. I still prefer flashiness as his reason but I like the competency it made Remy have. Like he is actually capable of planning

I still Gambit to have some interactions with male characters other than fighting. He kinda feels a bit like a back burner character so far and imma need Chris to bump him up to main character on these last few issues