Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Meanwhile, I think she's great and the cover is neat tribute to the same scene with Clark and Kara in Crisis. It's just an homage, but I see it gives people fuel to be cheeky. Don't worry, Diana gets transported away to her perfect Earth, there will be no corpse for Yara to cry crocodile tears over, lol.

I agree the tiara Yara's wearing is weird.

Wow, that looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Dark Crisis variant cover

Artemis, Donna and Cassie on the side: First time?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I love that. I want to read that adventure.

Hi all. I want to get into reading Wonder Woman again, but I'm having trouble determining a good jumping on point. The last time I read Wonder Woman consistently was during the DCnU 52 under Azzarello, who's work has since been retconned. With that said, where would be the ideal place to pick up the title again?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Hi all. I want to get into reading Wonder Woman again, but I'm having trouble determining a good jumping on point. The last time I read Wonder Woman consistently was during the DCnU 52 under Azzarello, who's work has since been retconned. With that said, where would be the ideal place to pick up the title again?
    Rucka's run at the start of Rebirth was where Wonder Woman got soft rebooted, so that'd be an easy spot to jump in on.

For right now-ish, the current team started at #770 and have a trade called Afterworlds that collects the first 10 or so issues.

If you want an out of continuity book there's Wonder Woman Historia by Kelly Sue DeConnick but that's Hippolyta focused, not Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    First I have to ask, what in Wonder Woman caught your attention?
    Just to know what you might be into

What a cool Silver Age interpretation.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

A "Lost Adventure" I would love to read! The artwork looks Wonderful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka's run at the start of Rebirth was where Wonder Woman got soft rebooted, so that'd be an easy spot to jump in on.

For right now-ish, the current team started at #770 and have a trade called Afterworlds that collects the first 10 or so issues.

If you want an out of continuity book there's Wonder Woman Historia by Kelly Sue DeConnick but that's Hippolyta focused, not Diana.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I did read a few issues of Rucka's run post Azzarello but I will have to look more into those.I picked up Historia and really enjoyed it. The art was especially amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    First I have to ask, what in Wonder Woman caught your attention?
    Just to know what you might be into
    I've always liked Wonder Woman. I just don't always like the direction DC goes with her lol. From what I have read, I liked her under Perez, Jiminez, and Simone (mostly). I liked Azzarello as well over all. I wasn't a fan of retconing her clay origin to making her into Zeus daughter, but eh, I still enjoyed his story. I like Wonder Woman using her Lasso and Bracelets over the more recent depictions of her brandishing a sword and shield, if that makes sense.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Okay, the Asgard arc (770- 773) is really good definitely check it out. After that Wonder Woman travels to a bunch of afterlives and I don't personally love most of those stories event though none of them are actually bad. Wonder Woman 778 for example is one of the funnest issues they did and really has nothing to do with anything but you should definitely get it if you want fun.

But forget all of that for a moment. I think you should really check out the Steve Orlando stories. They aren't out of this world, but I think he did a lot of really interesting things. He only got to write some short stories here and there but he did a lot with the little he was given.

Read Wonder Woman annual 4 (2020)
    Read Wonder Woman #53 (2018)
    And Read Wonder Woman #73 (2019)

If you enjoy those come back and I'll recommend some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Okay, the Asgard arc (770- 773) is really good definitely check it out. After that Wonder Woman travels to a bunch of afterlives and I don't personally love most of those stories event though none of them are actually bad. Wonder Woman 778 for example is one of the funnest issues they did and really has nothing to do with anything but you should definitely get it if you want fun.

But forget all of that for a moment. I think you should really check out the Steve Orlando stories. They aren't out of this world, but I think he did a lot of really interesting things. He only got to write some short stories here and there but he did a lot with the little he was given.

Read Wonder Woman annual 4 (2020)
    Read Wonder Woman #53 (2018)
    And Read Wonder Woman #73 (2019)

If you enjoy those come back and I'll recommend some more.
    Thanks. I'll look into the Steve Orlando stuff and the Asgard arc. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Chris Samnee