Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Hajime Sorayama

Diana dying in Son of Kal-El

Again?

I assume there's context to this, but...hey, the Justice League failed miserably and died. It must be a day ending in a Y.

Truly Earth's greatest heroes.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Again?

I assume there's context to this, but...hey, the Justice League failed miserably and died. It must be a day ending in a Y.

Maybe the new Justice League can take care of the threat that they couldn't! Wouldn't that be something!

Again?

TRUE!
    It seems that for the writer the only way to make the Son of Kal-El shine is by killing the League.
    The context is a dream that reveals a possible future that has nothing to do with the Dark Crisis.
    That is, either the League dies with that Crisis or they are killed by the villain of the Son of Kal-El... Meh.

Incredible Member

Again?

I still haven't read it but this is Dreamer's debut issue so I assume it's just a dream.

EDIT: I've seen Sebastienne's post. It's a premonition then, okay yeah.

Just be happy Taylor's quarantined to the Superman and Batman books, folks.

It can always be worse when he writes Diana. He didn't earn "Worst Wonder Woman Writer" for nothing.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-12-2022 at 12:16 PM.

It's honestly gotten absurd.

We have this Son of Kal-El vision where the Justice League fails miserably and dies.

They're coming out with that Super-Sons animated movie where the Justice League fails miserably and becomes enslaved by Starro.

The League of the Super-Pets movie is going to involve the Justice League failing miserably and getting taken prisoner by Lex Luthor.

The Suicide Squad video game where the Justice League fails miserably and is enslaved by Brainiac.

Dark Crisis opens on the premise that the Justice League failed miserably and must be replaced by legacy characters.

Less than a year before that was Death Metal, which began on the Justice League failing miserably and the BatLOL taking over.

The Apokolips War animated movie featured the Justice League failing miserably and needing to erase themselves from existence.

DC vs. Vampires features the Justice League failing miserably and getting turned into vampires or dying.

Before that was DCeased, which involved the Justice League failing miserably and becoming zombies or dying.

Zack Snyder's movie ends with the Justice League failing miserably and Darkseid taking over the Earth...after they failed miserably against Steppenwolf until Flash time traveled them back.

Just retire the damn team already! Christ!

You know, Warner keeps trying to catch up to Marvel's success and wondering why they can't. There are all sorts of reasons, but I think it wouldn't hurt if DC stopped drilling into audiences' heads that their main heroes are a bunch of geeks and losers who fail constantly.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 07-12-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Incredible Member

You know, Warner keeps trying to catch up to Marvel's success and wondering why they can't. There are all sorts of reasons, but I think it wouldn't hurt if DC stopped drilling into audiences' heads that their main heroes are a bunch of geeks and losers who fail constantly.
    To be fair, this is an endmetic problem with Marvel as well, even in the MCU. The movie people praise the most is Infinity War, for example. The spin-off sequel from What If? is Marvel Zombies, Civil War was about them fighting each other and popualr characters like Iron Man getting punked, Age of Ultron was about them fighting each other and Ultron getting the upper hand, Thor's been on an humiliation conga line since Ragnarok, Captain America may not have died, but his present day arc was so depressing and with a lack of personl gains that they sent him back into the past... And their comic events are similarily about them fighting each other (right now is X-Men vs Eternals, because movie) or getting punke'd by somebody (I think last year it was Knull, God of the Symbiontes).

That was part of their story arcs though. IM came out on top in all three of his solo movies, Cap had a triumphant victory against SHIELD in the Winter Soldier and Thor's first two movies and Avengers movie set up his world well and established him as a boisterous god of thunder so him losing every thing becoming a revenge seeker and ending up as an overweight depressed mess before his friends showed him a light at the end of the tunnel had some impact. What If's are AU's and even in the comics, most of them show 'bad' conclusions in order to underscore how much better the main timeline is.

Guy_McNichts has a point that the JL getting defeated/kidnapped/enslaved is becoming a lazy go-to plot for DC adaptations. When was the last time we got something akin to Morrison/Waid/Kelly era JLA run when the League triumphantly defeated a powerful cosmic entity?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It's honestly gotten absurd.

We have this Son of Kal-El vision where the Justice League fails miserably and dies.

They're coming out with that Super-Sons animated movie where the Justice League fails miserably and becomes enslaved by Starro.

The League of the Super-Pets movie is going to involve the Justice League failing miserably and getting taken prisoner by Lex Luthor.

The Suicide Squad video game where the Justice League fails miserably and is enslaved by Brainiac.

Dark Crisis opens on the premise that the Justice League failed miserably and must be replaced by legacy characters.

Less than a year before that was Death Metal, which began on the Justice League failing miserably and the BatLOL taking over.

The Apokolips War animated movie featured the Justice League failing miserably and needing to erase themselves from existence.

DC vs. Vampires features the Justice League failing miserably and getting turned into vampires or dying.

Before that was DCeased, which involved the Justice League failing miserably and becoming zombies or dying.

Zack Snyder's movie ends with the Justice League failing miserably and Darkseid taking over the Earth...after they failed miserably against Steppenwolf until Flash time traveled them back.

Just retire the damn team already! Christ!

I feel like if the MCU wasn't so prevalent to the point of their being less prominent Marvel media that's not MCU-derived or based, it might not feel that way.

Because with the MCU usually the handling of the Avengers is either they don't exist, aren't currently together as a team, or are just never around so they're a non-factor to showing off how capable the protagonist is in resolving a situation they wouldn't.

There were a few Avengers losses in What If.

And then in games they're either a non-factor or just not around.

Granted we had, like, two Spider-Man cartoons where they needed a teenager to bail them out a dozen times. And in the comics there have been numerous occasions where the Avengers have needed help to save the day or just impede the actual protagonists. I mean, Marvel Zombies was a thing before DCEased or DC vs Vampires were. Or the various "_____ kills the Marvel Universe" stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That was part of their story arcs though. IM came out on top in all three of his solo movies, Cap had a triumphant victory against SHIELD in the Winter Soldier and Thor's first two movies and Avengers movie set up his world well and established him as a boisterous god of thunder so him losing every thing becoming a revenge seeker and ending up as an overweight depressed mess before his friends showed him a light at the end of the tunnel had some impact. What If's are AU's and even in the comics, most of them show 'bad' conclusions in order to underscore how much better the main timeline is.

Guy_McNichts has a point that the JL getting defeated/kidnapped/enslaved is becoming a lazy go-to plot for DC adaptations. When was the last time we got something akin to Morrison/Waid/Kelly era JLA run when the League triumphantly defeated a powerful cosmic entity?
    It's probably because we get less Justice League story and more stories where the Justice League just so happen to appear.

Tula Lotay

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Tula Lotay

The Black & Gold Spanish compilation uses the Lotay variant cover, and I love it!

I don't recall exact source but I remember seeing these panels where Diana used her bracelets to create a larger force field to protect herself.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly