Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

You never know when that Harvard law degree will come in handy fighting Apocalypse in the 39th century.

I think it came in more handy in this era actually. When doing whatever shady **** he did when he returned to this time as as adult. Off-book contract work for the U.S. government. I’m sure he had to read a contract or two.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Speaking of Cable's history in this era, I'd love to read more about it and see how he got on SHIELD's bad side and was considered a terrorist by both the U.S. and Canadian governments, with both SHIELD and the Canadian Department K hunting him down. Articles like this really remind me how ripe that time period is for exploration, and makes me a bit sad that most of Cable's more recent solo titles have focused more on his time traveling exploits and jumps to the future rather than his shady past in this time period, right after he came back and prior to his taking over the New Mutants and forming X-Force...

https://www.cbr.com/cable-revealed-t...ide-of-shield/

There's still so much to explore there... maybe Al Ewing will get around to it in X-men Red and come up with a subplot that revolves around Cable's past in the 20th Century. A guy can hope, can't he?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Speaking of Cable's history in this era, I'd love to read more about it and see how he got on SHIELD's bad side and was considered a terrorist by both the U.S. and Canadian governments, with both SHIELD and the Canadian Department K hunting him down. Articles like this really remind me how ripe that time period is for exploration, and makes me a bit sad that most of Cable's more recent solo titles have focused more on his time traveling exploits and jumps to the future rather than his shady past in this time period, right after he came back and prior to his taking over the New Mutants and forming X-Force...

There's still so much to explore there... maybe Al Ewing will get around to it in X-men Red and come up with a subplot that revolves around Cable's past in the 20th Century. A guy can hope, can't he?
    Agreed. So much of Cable's past has yet to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Agreed. So much of Cable's past has yet to be revealed.
    I concur. The quintessential man of mystery is an aspect of Cable that has fascinated so many for so long.
    A laundry-list of secrets that needs some serious analysis and, once revealed, could be potentially mind-blowing (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-15-2022 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

I could really, really go for a Guts and Glory chapter 2 kind of book . Or any book the deals with Cable's past. So much there to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I concur. The quintessential man of mystery is an aspect of Cable that has fascinated so many for so long.
    A laundry-list of secrets that needs some serious analysis and, once revealed, could be potentially mind-blowing (IMHO):
    I always loved that picture of Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I could really, really go for a Guts and Glory chapter 2 kind of book . Or any book the deals with Cable's past. So much there to explore.
    Agreed. If there's a sequel, I'm hoping Stephen Platt can be brought back.

Yeah that is indeed some good stuff from Platt.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Yeah that is indeed some good stuff from Platt.
    Yeah! Couldn't agree more...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-17-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Yeah! Couldn't agree more...

The more I look at these, the more I like them! Cable just looks like a total bad ass. Big, jacked and angry.

And these ones to.

I was thinking about what the plot of Deadpool 3 would be about. I think the premise of Messiah War would be perfect to adapt as that would fit in with the Multiverse Saga. Just replace Bishop and Stryfe with Kang and the TVA as the villains. Movie opens with a montage of Cable raising Hope as they travel across the Timestream to escape the TVA, who wants to make Hope into a weapon for the upcoming multiversal war. Sylvie in Loki had a similar backstory as Hope.

Would be look to see a live-action version of this cover!

Last edited by Gnostic; 09-22-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Could be awesome! And I’d be down with replacing Stryfe with Kang as Cable’s arch nemesis in the MCU. Would work perfectly. And they could still connect Nathan’s origin with Apocalypse too. Perhaps as the person who infected him with the T-O virus in the future to nerf his power and force him to prove his worthiness to survive, which he did by using his power to contain it, rather than infecting him as an infant and having him sent to the future like in the comics. I think those slight tweaks could build upon the simplified origin we got for Cable in Deadpool 2, while still giving a nod to his comic origins.