Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Damn! The end of X-men Red #7 features one pissed off-looking Askani’son! Cannot wait for issue #8 in early November, the week of my birthday too.
    Best part of the issue for me!. I literally was like "He GOT that A$$ NOW!!!" lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The only downside is the wait for the next issue… gonna be so long. But worth it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Yeah that synopsis with this got me excited too. Him needing his very own x-men red i feel like we bout to see thunderbird and manifold show up and show out with him. oh snap .X-Force: Guardians of the Galaxy. Cable, Manifold, Thunderbird, Frenzy. Wiz Kid. Brand bout to go on the run. lol

as you can tell i am still caught up on guardians too. lol. That book really was cancelled right when it hit is stride. *Sigh*
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-05-2022 at 04:55 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Badass variant cover for Deadpool by Kaare Andrews…

Love the symmetry of Deadpool & Cable alongside another great comics duo, Spider-man & Wolverine.

F13AF063-EE99-4ECF-87EA-2889C87A2A6D.jpg

They need to bring him back for Deadpool 3. For sure.

The fourth wall Thanos jokes would justify Brolin’s return already

I'm really hoping they do!

There were all kinds of rumors about him and Zazie Beetz returning for this awhile back, including rumors that they had filmed an after credits scene for Doctor Strange 2 (with Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin) that went unused for some reason, as well as rumors that Cable’s comic origins were going to be tweaked slightly to give him history with Kang the Conqueror. Which I quite love actually.

Cable in the comics encountered a variant of Kang (Rama Tut) during the excellent Casey-Ladronn run on his book in the 90s. But surprisingly, aside from that encounter, they haven’t really had any interaction to my knowledge. Would make perfect sense for these two time travelers to not only square off in the MCU, but also to have some history… er, future, together. Or something. Make Kang kind of like Cable’s Stryfe in the MCU… a time traveling warlord hellbent on conquest. More powerful than Nathan himself, with all his advanced technology that trumps Cable’s own. Could be great if done right, especially with the twist of Brolin — who played the MCU’s former big bad in Thanos — now being a good guy squaring off against its new big bad in Kang.

Bottom line is that Josh Brolin was signed on for four movies in his deal with FOX, and with Disney now owning FOX why would they not want him back for the MCU? Especially if Deadpool 3 is going to give us a real X-Force team too, which looks possible.

There were all kinds of rumors about him and Zazie Beetz returning for this awhile back, including rumors that they had filmed an after credits scene for Doctor Strange 2 (with Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin) that went unused for some reason, as well as rumors that Cable’s comic origins were going to be tweaked slightly to give him history with Kang the Conqueror. Which I quite love actually.

Cable in the comics encountered a variant of Kang (Rama Tut) during the excellent Casey-Ladronn run on his book in the 90s. But surprisingly, aside from that encounter, they haven’t really had any interaction to my knowledge. Would make perfect sense for these two time travelers to not only square off in the MCU, but also to have some history… er, future, together. Or something. Make Kang kind of like Cable’s Stryfe in the MCU… a time traveling warlord hellbent on conquest. More powerful than Nathan himself, with all his advanced technology that trumps Cable’s own. Could be great if done right, especially with the twist of Brolin — who played the MCU’s former big bad in Thanos — now being a good guy squaring off against its new big bad in Kang.

Bottom line is that Josh Brolin was signed on for four movies in his deal with FOX, and with Disney now owning FOX why would they not want him back for the MCU? Especially if Deadpool 3 is going to give us a real X-Force team too, which looks possible.
    Sounds interesting. Potentially mind-blowing (IMHO):

I forgot Ladronn didn’t draw the actual issue. Just the cover of that one.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-09-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quick search on uncannxmen make me think it's Cable #57.

Correct! Quite a lovely cover, in fact...

BANNED

cable-moira-1.jpg
    cable-moira-2.jpg

Would be interesting to see Cable's reaction to Moira being with Orchis. Hope knows because she's a council member, I wonder if she already told Cable?

Agreed. One of the biggest misses in this whole era is Cable’s relationship with both Moira and Charles prior to the formation of the X-men, and the lack of exploration of such. It hasn’t even been mentioned! Cable helped Charles build the mansion’s lower levels (as detailed in OZT when he broke in to retrieve/delete Xavier’s files to prevent Bastion from getting his hands on them) and also helped Moira build the Muir Island research facility. That’s a big miss, and it tells me that none of this current crop of writers cares all that much about Cable or knows his history. Save perhaps Ewing, who has him out in space/on Planet Arakko with limited interaction with Xavier and none with Moira at the moment.