Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. One of the biggest misses in this whole era is Cable’s relationship with both Moira and Charles prior to the formation of the X-men, and the lack of exploration of such. It hasn’t even been mentioned! Cable helped Charles build the mansion’s lower levels (as detailed in OZT when he broke in to retrieve/delete Xavier’s files to prevent Bastion from getting his hands on them) and also helped Moira build the Muir Island research facility. That’s a big miss, and it tells me that none of this current crop of writers cares all that much about Cable or knows his history. Save perhaps Ewing, who has him out in space/on Planet Arakko with limited interaction with Xavier and none with Moira at the moment.
    Definitely, a past connection worth exploring (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-10-2022 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. One of the biggest misses in this whole era is Cable’s relationship with both Moira and Charles prior to the formation of the X-men, and the lack of exploration of such. It hasn’t even been mentioned! Cable helped Charles build the mansion’s lower levels (as detailed in OZT when he broke in to retrieve/delete Xavier’s files to prevent Bastion from getting his hands on them) and also helped Moira build the Muir Island research facility. That’s a big miss, and it tells me that none of this current crop of writers cares all that much about Cable or knows his history. Save perhaps Ewing, who has him out in space/on Planet Arakko with limited interaction with Xavier and none with Moira at the moment.
    To be fair. I feel this is an issue with a lot of characters at the moment not just Cable. It seems the editor is giving the writers a blank check to just twist existing characters into new shapes to fit their stories, rather than write the stories around how the characters were established or developed over time.

Which includes Hickman when he completely rewrote Moira herself kicking decades of established character history into the bin and replace it with this new character he then went on to let slip into stupidly cheap villain territory.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-10-2022 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

madelyne-nathan.jpg

Would be weird if Cable doesn't appear in Dark Web considering that Madelyne is his mother and Cable promised Madelyne that he's going to stop her if she ever repeat what she did during Inferno or if she hurts the X-men. Currently there's no indication that he's going to be on it but hey, Cable was in a lot of Judgement Day promotional material and he didnt do anything in the event except getting killed by Uranos so promotional materials basically means nothing

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, a past connection worth exploring (IMHO):

Oh man, I LOVED Cable minus 1 and generally the Robinson/Casey/Ladronn run. Such good stuff.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    madelyne-nathan.jpg

Would be weird if Cable doesn't appear in Dark Web considering that Madelyne is his mother and Cable promised Madelyne that he's going to stop her if she ever repeat what she did during Inferno or if she hurts the X-men. Currently there's no indication that he's going to be on it but hey, Cable was in a lot of Judgement Day promotional material and he didnt do anything in the event except getting killed by Uranos so promotional materials basically means nothing
    Agreed, there's no indication Nathan is going to appear in Dark Web unfortunately but he definitely should reconnect with Maddie. I'm hoping Duggan and Wells figure him into it eventually.

He won’t appear in Dark Web for the same reason the writers have never mentioned his past history with Moira and Xavier. They’re not really interested. Which is a shame. Under the right writer, Cable could be an important major character again. Instead they marginalize him, but at least they’re using him somewhere. The adult version that is. And I’m glad it’s Ewing who gets to write him too, so there’s that to be thankful for at least. Really looking forward to this next issue of X-men Red as it looks to be a Cable-centric issue where hopefully he’ll be used in more than a couple of panels and maybe won’t die… fingers crossed.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh man, I LOVED Cable minus 1 and generally the Robinson/Casey/Ladronn run. Such good stuff.
    Me too! Highly Recommended (IMHO):

STILL holding out hope that since Duggan(?) is handling the X-involvement for the Dark Web stuff, we'll get follow up on the Illyana/Cable deal back in his Kid Cable Series, granting both a much coveted team up between these two characters, as well as Nathan's involvement in his birth Mother's shenanigans.

I wouldn't count on it. Though it would be awesome if Duggan addressed it in Dark Web.

He won’t appear in Dark Web for the same reason the writers have never mentioned his past history with Moira and Xavier. They’re not really interested. Which is a shame. Under the right writer, Cable could be an important major character again. Instead they marginalize him, but at least they’re using him somewhere. The adult version that is. And I’m glad it’s Ewing who gets to write him too, so there’s that to be thankful for at least. Really looking forward to this next issue of X-men Red as it looks to be a Cable-centric issue where hopefully he’ll be used in more than a couple of panels and maybe won’t die… fingers crossed.
    I think right now Cable is in good hands with Ewing. I really do. For the little bit of exposure he's had, it's been good. And it's been a little bit so far. Hopefully next issue starts the ball rolling.

There's just so much to do with Cable whether it be the past or present. He needs a mission and or a team. Probably both to achieve what needs to be done.

My hope is that's what's coming for him... a mission and a team. The solicits for X-men Red #8 mention Cable's own X-men Red, so I wonder who's on it? For sure Thunderbird and Manifold, but who else? Can't wait to find out in early November.

Some cool Cable & parents fan art…

834BE4EA-17CD-4E6B-A301-B3FEABDEC06C.jpg

That's some great Cable art! Really captures his intensity.

OMG! I'll always love family-bonding time between the Summers Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I'll always love family-bonding time between the Summers Clan.

For sure. I love any interaction between Cable, Scott and Jean. Adult Cable that is.