Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Speaking of which, I wouldnt mind a Cable and Hope series or mini that goes back to that era when he was raising her. There is 16 years worth of storytelling and we only got a window into it when Bishop caught up wit them. I think there is room to tell at least another story that doesnt focus on that and just their adventure. It could be a present day tale with the two and flashback to it

I’d shell out money for it. Maybe a graphic novel by Duane Swiercynski and Ariel Olivetti?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Preview panel from an upcoming issue of X-men Red…

68652FEC-5940-4118-AD20-ABEED6A59056.jpg

From this interview: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/04/18/x-...g-x-men-red-1/

Not much about Nathan in this interview, but, man, I am intrigued by why his arm looks this way now and hoping that Ewing follows up on that plot thread. Since he’s the one who introduced it, I’m quite sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Preview panel from an upcoming issue of X-men Red…

68652FEC-5940-4118-AD20-ABEED6A59056.jpg

From this interview: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/04/18/x-...g-x-men-red-1/

Not much about Nathan in this interview, but, man, I am intrigued by why his arm looks this way now and hoping that Ewing follows up on that plot thread. Since he’s the one who introduced it, I’m quite sure he will.
    Nice. Looks like we get to see Cable in action in the upcoming issue.

I'm also very interested to find out more about why his arm looks the way it does. I really think Cable is in good hands with Ewing. I'm glad he is writing Cable in his book.

Another photos about that Cable & Hope statue
    https://www.zbrushcentral.com/t/topic/421086

Love the beard. Cable should rock one

Speaking of Hope, I really hope (pun not intended) she returns as a major player in Deadpool 3 and played by Sadie Sink. I've had this fancast for a while now, but after Stranger Things 4 I want it even more! Sink was amazing!

The fact that Deadpool 3 is being directed by Stranger Things producer/director Shawn Levy really gives me hope! Again, pun not intended.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Actually, he's been there and done that...

Such a good book. And such a good time to be a Cable fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    For what it's worth, it's better than the '90s version.
    I know Stryfe went too far when giving Cable that "shaved" hairdo, but I did (sort of) like the goatee...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-02-2022 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Meh… I prefer him without the beard honestly. I see him as the ultimate soldier, and going all the way back to Alexander the Great’s time soldiers have been encouraged to shave before battle so as to not give their enemies the ability to grab their beards in hand-to-hand combat. So just a personal preference I suppose, but I think some characters can rock the beard and it makes sense. Even Cable rocking it when he was trapped in a dystopian future raising Hope made sense at that time, as he’d settled down with her mother (named Hope, and who he named his daughter Hope after). But in normal circumstances, and especially when going into combat, I can’t see Nathan as anything but clean shaven.

Also, here’s some screen grabs of our boy from the latest A.X.E. Judgment Day trailer…

With Magneto and Storm on Mars when Nightcrawler comes to warn them of Destiny’s vision of an impending attack by the Eternals (the :52 second mark):
    E5576A24-CC99-46D3-B877-247AEDFB98B0.jpg

Uranos holding what’s clearly Cable’s skull (the :30 second mark):
    FF292A85-9F88-4524-B510-9B6A7A45E5A8.jpg

Not looking good for him, but I’m assuming he either comes right back after being killed or that’s possibly his skull from the last time he was killed in X-men Red #2 in the Progenitor attack staged by Abigail Brand, who wanted to obtain a sample of his techno-organic virus to study it and also understand how Nathan is able to control it. I’m thinking that somehow comes into play in this event and perhaps that’s why Cable’s in it. We’ll see…

Astonishing Member

Tbf, getting killed by Urania isn’t undignified. Guy is a legitimate big name threat.

True, and I’d imagine if he is killed by Uranos, that he isn’t the only one. I doubt Nathan goes mano a mano with him when he shows up, rather it’s a whole group of mutants who get wiped out by him. Having said that, that could just be a vision or it could be the skeleton left over from his last death in X-men Red #2, as I said. So not really clear at this point. Guess we’ll find out in July… but I’m just glad he’s playing a role in this event. Hope he has a solid showing and takes out some Eternals.