Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

We’ll see how it goes. Some Eternals are fairly powerful. I’m just hoping to get through this with the least fandom warfare as possible. But yeah here’s hoping for some good showings.

I don’t mind fandom warfare. In fact, I think it’s kind of fun.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    With Magneto and Storm on Mars when Nightcrawler comes to warn them of Destiny’s vision of an impending attack by the Eternals (the :52 second mark):
    Attachment 121575
    Seeing this panel makes me think that Cable's going to go savior mode again. The way he smiles and plays with his gun with his TK in that panel reminds me of his demeanor as soldier x and savior where he was showing off his powers all the time by deconstructing stuff around him.

Plus the reaction of Magneto, Storm and Nightcrawler makes me think that there's something more going on in that panel than just Cable playin with his gun. Magneto seems impressed and is clapping. Ororo looks kinda mad and Nightcrawler is looking warily at Cable, which is understandable given that the last time Cable had his powers he was fighting against them

Before anyone says it's not possible because Cable still has his TO arm remember that Cable still has the TO and his TO arm when he was running around as Soldier X/Savior

20percent.jpg

Maybe this is just copium but whatever
    Last edited by MkDiz; 06-04-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Savior mode soldier Cable is cool with me. Loved all stuff with him trying to take down Malcolm Colcord’s revived Weapon X program, the Soldier X run, and of course his time on the geopolitical stage running Providence and acting as President of Rumekistan. All fun stuff.

BANNED

Savior mode soldier Cable is cool with me. Loved all stuff with him trying to take down Malcolm Colcord’s revived Weapon X program, the Soldier X run, and of course his time on the geopolitical stage running Providence and acting as President of Rumekistan. All fun stuff.

Yeah, I think Soldier X was pretty cool. There were some questionable writings and I initially find it too bizarre but I wouldn't mind another series like that too. Imagine a Soldier X like series but set on Arakko/Mars. Basically Cable with his powers just wandering around in Arakko like when he thought Apocalypse was dead (When he was a "soldier without a war") ending with him having a seat on the Great Ring or something.
    Last edited by MkDiz; 06-06-2022 at 09:13 AM.

Man… there is so much to be done with Cable under a capable writer. Not sure if he’ll get another solo series for awhile, as outside of Wolverine most X-character solos just don’t sell all that well (though they still sell better than a lot of broader Marvel U characters who for some reason still get solos). But I would kill for a kickass limited series with a great creative team that explores his role in the current landscape a bit more as well as his character, with ties to both his past and his future.

I’m thinking something like ‘Cable: Blood & Metal’ but a 5 or 6-parter (versus just a 2-parter like that was). Something along the lines of…

Cable: The Askani’son by Al Ewing and Josh Cassara with covers by Steve McNiven

It would start with a tie-in to Nathan’s past where he is being hunted by G.W. Bridge and a new Weapon P.R.I.M.E. outfit funded by Department K, and would span both important locations on Earth as well as Mars/Planet Arakko. Old threats meet new threats, with Nathan being branded a terrorist for something in his past on Earth and also facing down an inter-planetary conspiracy at the same time involving a threat to Storm as the current Voice of Sol which would have implications for relations between the two planets. Also, making him a target in his own right as the son of Scott Summers and Jean Grey, and ergo “mutant royalty” and leaning into that current label as well with him coming to grips with it. Something smart, fast-paced and action packed. With Cable using all his tools and tricks, including bringing back the psimitar (because I miss it).

Meh… I prefer him without the beard honestly. I see him as the ultimate soldier, and going all the way back to Alexander the Great’s time soldiers have been encouraged to shave before battle so as to not give their enemies the ability to grab their beards in hand-to-hand combat. So just a personal preference I suppose, but I think some characters can rock the beard and it makes sense. Even Cable rocking it when he was trapped in a dystopian future raising Hope made sense at that time, as he’d settled down with her mother (named Hope, and who he named his daughter Hope after). But in normal circumstances, and especially when going into combat, I can’t see Nathan as anything but clean shaven.
    Yeah! I concur. Clean-shaven Cable is the best version (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-06-2022 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! I concur. Clean-shaven Cable is the best version (IMHO):

Yeah, That a great shot of Cable.

Man… there is so much to be done with Cable under a capable writer. Not sure if he’ll get another solo series for awhile, as outside of Wolverine most X-character solos just don’t sell all that well (though they still sell better than a lot of broader Marvel U characters who for some reason still get solos). But I would kill for a kickass limited series with a great creative team that explores his role in the current landscape a bit more as well as his character, with ties to both his past and his future.

I’m thinking something like ‘Cable: Blood & Metal’ but a 5 or 6-parter (versus just a 2-parter like that was). Something along the lines of…

Cable: The Askani’son by Al Ewing and Josh Cassara with covers by Steve McNiven

It would start with a tie-in to Nathan’s past where he is being hunted by G.W. Bridge and a new Weapon P.R.I.M.E. outfit funded by Department K, and would span both important locations on Earth as well as Mars/Planet Arakko. Old threats meet new threats, with Nathan being branded a terrorist for something in his past on Earth and also facing down an inter-planetary conspiracy at the same time involving a threat to Storm as the current Voice of Sol which would have implications for relations between the two planets. Also, making him a target in his own right as the son of Scott Summers and Jean Grey, and ergo “mutant royalty” and leaning into that current label as well with him coming to grips with it. Something smart, fast-paced and action packed. With Cable using all his tools and tricks, including bringing back the psimitar (because I miss it).
    I'm pretty excited where Cable is right now. And there is a lot to do with him all on his own. I think Ewing is the man to do it. So much left untold, and yet to come.

I doubt he'll get an ongoing title again, but definitely a limited series for a few issues.

BANNED

I might be overthinking this but I think Cable's powers are somehow going to be restored and he's going to slug it out with Uranos in Judgement Day

In the Judgement Day promotional art/cover we can see Cable and Uranos at the back squaring off

flying.jpg

The Judgement Day trailer also showed Destiny seeing the battles about to take place and she saw Uranos holding Cable's skull, presumably after a big fight took place because of all the debris in the air and the sky being bloody red.

cable -uranos.jpg

As I previously said, I think that panel of Cable playing with his TK in the trailer is showing Cable with his powers which would explain the reactions of the people around (storm, magneto and kurt) him and him having that uncharacteristic smile.

Another thing that caught my eye in that Judgement Day promotional art is, correct me if I'm wrong, Cable levitating. Look at how high he is compared to Mystique and Sinister, Cable's tall but if he's not levitating there then he's gigantic. There is a higher ground where Xavier and Destiny are but its impossible that Cable's standing on it if you look at him compared to Sinister, Mystique and Storm.

So what I think is going to happen in Red#5 is that either (1) Uranos will attack Arakko which is highly probable given the summary of the issue. We'll probably see Cable cut lose, using his powers which will allow the TO to go out of control and Cable dies but after that Uranos will probably see him as a threat which is why he's looking at Cable's skull.

or (2) Cable will lose control of his powers, ends up fighting the Great Ring and there it will be revealed that Cable w/ powers is an omega level mutant.

I think this is also likely if you look at the summary.

The summary seems to imply that the one doing the beat down is a mutant which will mean its not Uranos. The summary also stated that "No one who is not an Omega-level mutant has ever taken one of the nine seats of the Great Ring" and "So, if the nine are losing…what does that say about the one?"

We can extract from these lines that
    1.The one stomping the Great Ring is a mutant which disqualifies Uranos
    2.The "No one who is not an Omega-level mutant has ever taken one of the nine seats of the Great Ring" and "what does that say about the one?" lines implies that the mutant doing the stomping is not thought to be an omega until this issue. Who is that mutant? We dont know but given that Cable's "seriously overpowered TK" has recently been in the focus + its Cable on the cover then its probably him.

Plus, Cable with his powers can definitely fight the Great Ring. Even Tarn would probably have a hard time given that his shtick is manipulating genes of mutants and we've seen Cable with powers do the same before (turning a guy into a human bat hybrid and when he was manipulating his own DNA) so he can probably counter him.

Scenario 1 is probably more likely, or it could be a mix of the two with the Eternals hijacking Cable through the use of the TO virus and then use him to fight the Great Ring (Like how he was talking like Warlock in SWORD#12)

Anyway, I wasnt optimistic before but over analyzing these details is giving me hope that we're going to see Cable kick some ass.
    Last edited by MkDiz; 06-11-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Tim Sale (R.I.P.)

Hi. Hello. Good Day.

So we've seen Old Daddy Cable. We've seen Teen Cable. Have we ever seen Nathan as a young Adult? 20's / 30's?

Or are we just kind of handwaving that he would look like Nate/X-MAN ?

Also, does anyone else headcanon his "dark" hair as Auburn?

Lastly:

SWOON
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-20-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Yes. We’ve seen young adult Cable both in the future as part of the Clan Chosen/Askani fighting against the New Canaanites (see Cable #25; first image below) and in the past when he went back to ancient Egypt, defying the Askani, and tried to take out Apocalypse before he came into power. He went by “the Traveler” then, and inadvertently mingled his T-O infected blood with that of En Sabah Nur’s which gave him the ability to interface with his Celestial ship (second image below shows what he looked like then; and I’ve also quoted a synopsis and provided a link).

Cable #25 (young adult Stryfe choking young adult Cable)
    258C9342-938D-4CA9-B984-EF4B2EF41B1A.jpg

Cable & Deadpool #26 (young adult Cable going all Conan the Barbarian on En Sabah Nur’s horde of ancient Dark Riders)

During one battle with Nur, Nur severed Traveler's left cybernetic arm and, during the confusion, the Traveler pulled a gun and shot him in the head. After reattaching his techno-organic arm, Traveler was accepted as the new leader of the Dark Riders, but declined. Traveler turned to Ozymandias, Nur's servant, and instructed him to remember that there will always be someone smarter and stronger around and that being fit to survive means to have the responsibility to help those who are not. Unaware to the Traveler, his techno-organic infected blood mixed with Nur's, as he wiped Nur's blood on Ozymandias.[7]

Years after his battle with Nur, though only days to Nathan, the Traveler found himself somewhere near the Ho-Lo Shan Mountains in Mongolia, China, to ambush a caravan of advanced technology. Traveler followed the caravan to Ozymandias and asked how they obtained the futuristic technology, which Ozymandias replied that it was actually ancient technology. Ozymandias explained that he had Nur's dead body brought to an alien ship, hoping that its technology could heal him, and Traveler explained that it was actually a Celestial transport for a highly advanced alien race, a sentient exploratory device, realizing that he was standing in the same Ship that would become a part of him. Traveler entered the ship to learn that his blood mixed with the Techno-Organic Virus and Nur's resurrected him and, infected with the virus, allowed Nur to understand Ship. Angry at the revelation, Traveler told Nur that if he was responsible for his immortality, he will make Nur spend eternity far away from there and sent both Ship and its passenger far into space. Outside, Traveler told Ozymandias that he had been traveling through time to find out all about Nur, hoping to find a weakness, but his travels actually were the exact thing that brought Nur into power. When Ozymandias asked if En Sabah Nur would return, Traveler replied, "No, Apocalypse will".
    From: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Natha...rs_(Earth-616)

Basically, he had brown hair prior to it going prematurely gray/white.