Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Pretty damn cool! Always love the blue and yellow costume. Always will.
    Same. I actually hope he rocks some version of it in the X-men ‘97 Animated Series revival, to show that since the original show ended he’s kind of become a reserve X-man/member of Xavier’s underground or something like that. He was such a frequent guest star on the old cartoon it would make sense.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. I actually hope he rocks some version of it in the X-men ‘97 Animated Series revival, to show that since the original show ended he’s kind of become a reserve X-man/member of Xavier’s underground or something like that. He was such a frequent guest star on the old cartoon it would make sense.
    Yep that would be cool. I used to love when he was on The Animated Series. He was portrayed very well from what I remember. It's been a while since I've seen it lol.

How great will it be to see him again?

Really looking forward to it. My kids are excited to watch it with me, as I told them I used to watch it when I was little with my younger brother every Saturday @ 10am Central Time.

Really looking forward to it. My kids are excited to watch it with me, as I told them I used to watch it when I was little with my younger brother every Saturday @ 10am Central Time.
    Good stuff! I was actually in my early 20's watching it Saturday mornings. It was Great, and my last hurrah for Saturday morning cartoons lol. Got me into comics

Kid Cable/nate Grey/Stryfe 2099
    Last edited by juan678; 06-27-2022 at 02:25 PM.

With those eye scars I’d say it’s a safe bet he’s not Nate Grey.

Just felt like this should be posted here…

X-MEN RED #8

- AL EWING (W) • MADIBEK MUSABEKOV (A) • Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

- GAMES VARIANT COVER BY NETEASE

- WELCOME TO THE WORLD FARM!

- CABLE springs his trap for ABIGAIL BRAND – but are her plans too big for even the Askani’son to handle alone? To foil a scheme stretching from the Sol System to the Shi’ar Empire and beyond, the Soldier of Tomorrow’s going to need all the help he can get…from his very own X-MEN RED!

- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. So this means thay within the next issue or so we get the reveal on how long Cable’s been onto to Brand’s shady ish , and his counter plans. And I want to know who he would bring in with him to do it. Proudstar, Manifold, and….?

Just felt like this should be posted here…

Yep I read this yesterday and I am so pumped up about it. I just can't wait.

What a great title X-Men Red is, and I'm very happy our man Cable is in it. Like I said before he's in such good hands with Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. So this means thay within the next issue or so we get the reveal on how long Cable’s been onto to Brand’s shady ish , and his counter plans. And I want to know who he would bring in with him to do it. Proudstar, Manifold, and….?
    There was little doubt for me, Cable would be the one to sniff out Brand. And then have a plan of course to deal with the situation.

Yeah who is he going to bring in? Can't wait to see.

I’m thinking Thunderbird and Manifold for sure. Since he’s been plotting with them.

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping for Wiz Kid too. A) Because I just like him and want to see him used again, but B) he's smart enough to not totally buy Brand's 'whoops, Gyrich just HAPPENED to go out the airlock and die, couldn't save him, oh no very sad' shtick and if he checked, probably could find some proof the airlock had been hacked, and c) if that led to him realizing she'd used him as a patsy and had been totally fine with him being blamed and going in the Hole for all that.....he's gonna be pissed. Taki strikes me as someone who WILL hold a grudge. Kid's a gamer.

(Plus, I just liked how he gelled with Cable's squad in Cable Reloaded, during the Dormammu space crisis).

Yeah, I enjoy Wiz Kid. I also love Boomer’s interactions with Cable, and I like Frenzy too.

Cable’s history is so convoluted, but I kind of like how at this stage it’s almost malleable and things can be added without changing who he is. It’s like, you ask yourself whether Krakoa always happened in his history or if this is a new change and he’s on a variant timeline? And then you realize it doesn’t really matter. Apparently Krakoa happened now, and whether that was always part of his future past or not, it is now. In this way I’d say that Cable is also unique, but in a different way than his sister, Rachel.

Whereas Rachel has been established to be the only version of her that has existed across the multiverse, we already know there are other versions of Cable. But what makes Cable unique is that he’s tethered to this point in time, the early 21st Century, no matter how the timeline might branch from there because it is the era of his birth. Hence the codename “Cable.” So if things shift, he’s still anchored here he just shifts along with them.

So I have no issue with them layering on yet another period of time, on Krakoa in the present day, where Scott and Jean got to act as real parents to him. Doesn’t change who he is fundamentally or much about the character, other than to let you know his bond with his parents is closer than we might’ve thought originally (same thing with the Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix). In fact, perhaps he wasn’t initially close with them and then as these “ripples” in his timeline occurred (i.e., these opportunities for his parents to actually raise him) happened, they got folded into his memories and his past and subtly shaped him.

So which came first, the chicken or the egg? To me it doesn’t matter.