Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Yeah, I’m pretty intrigued by that. I just re-read ‘Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire’ and read ‘War of Kings’ for the first time… wow was Vulcan a deranged, evil MFer in those books! Definitely looking forward to the slow burn that’s simmering there with regards to the character and his craziness once again revealing itself, which Hickman started in his X-men run, and also with him interacting with his nephew, Nathan. Should be fun.

I never read the Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire. I think I should in prep for X-Men Red, and Vulcan's interaction with Cable and the rest of the team. Definitely interested now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This is a pretty rad drawing of Cable by Nick Bradshaw…

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...22834117611523

Not sure if it’s just a character sketch or for something upcoming. Probably the former. But cool nonetheless.
    That is a really cool sketch.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I never read the Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire. I think I should in prep for X-Men Red, and Vulcan's interaction with Cable and the rest of the team. Definitely interested now.
    Deadly Genesis, RaFotSE, King Breaker, and War of Kings are all good ways to learn about and understand Vulcan's character. It makes sense when you read all of them together vs the segmented approach. I definitely think that Cable will have his hands full with Uncle Gabe in Red, nevermind Brand plotting Krakoa's demise in the shadows.

Amazing Member

Who else thinks Reacher's Alan Ritchson could pull off a good Cable - he's def got the look.

Fantastic Member

so dont lock this in or anything but there is a very cool cable related project in the pipeline not sure if its another 1 shot mini or ongoing it not by liefeld and it very well could be part of the upcoming very cool apocoplyse limited series coming out and should be out sometime in later 2022,

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Who else thinks Reacher's Alan Ritchson could pull off a good Cable - he's def got the look.
    Yeah, I could see that for sure. He’d be a good one for the MCU. Even though I do love Josh Brolin too. He’s a bit too small physically, however with camera angles, costuming/lifts and even CGI they could fix that easily and make him look larger and more comic accurate. Plus Brolin is a much better actor than Ritchson.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so dont lock this in or anything but there is a very cool cable related project in the pipeline not sure if its another 1 shot mini or ongoing it not by liefeld and it very well could be part of the upcoming very cool apocoplyse limited series coming out and should be out sometime in later 2022,
    Nice. Hope you’re right.

Don’t suppose, bishop66, you could elaborate on why this Cable project sounds “very cool” can you? Either here or via DM?

Aside from not being by Liefeld that is.

Cable will be in this upcoming Fortnite Zero War deal…

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/youn...rvel-zero-war/

I think Bleeding Cool is wrong through. That’s not young Cable. It’s normal, middle-aged Cable.

BANNED

Has Nathan regained his TK/TP or is he still sporting that stupid Cyborg arm?

He has this TK/TP back as well as the T-O virus… which he had firmly under control until he had to expend a lot of his TK on slowing and directing the fall of The Peak space station as it was crashing to Earth. Ultimately Manifold opened a wormhole that allowed Nathan to telekinetically guide the falling space station through it and out the other side taking him back out into orbit and safely avoiding a catastrophic crash. But apparently that came at great expense to himself and his control of the virus, and the virus itself may have changed too.

This all happened in the final issues of SWORD, so I expect we’ll see it followed up on X-men Red since it’s the same writer (Al Ewing). Hope that helps.

Ultimate Member

Well if you go back to the 90's Cable is mostly mechanical, kind of like the Terminator, so he'd have more than just the arm that was cybernetic and such...

Oh yeah. He's still got the T-O virus running through his entire system, not just his arm. It's just that his arm is the only part that appears mechanical... until he's battle damaged, that is.

That's because the virus has completely consumed the left arm, whereas it hasn't consumed the rest of him but is still there underneath his flesh, running through the rest of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Has Nathan regained his TK/TP or is he still sporting that stupid Cyborg arm?
    Regained? When did he lose it?

A couple of times unfortunately. He lost it during the Cable/Deadpool run for a bit, when he asked Deadpool to lobotomize him because he had purged himself of the virus and was using the full extent of his powers and they were actually too much for his body to take and were killing him. During that period he replaced his TK/TP with technology (the Cone of Silence forcefield which simulated his TK, and the Infonet which kind of simulated his TP), but then he got his powers back during Mike Carey's run on X-men when he was on Rogue's team in the arc where they fought a Mummudrai who reactivated his natural psychic mutant abilities.

More recently, after the Avengers: X-Sanction mini (prelude to AvX) when Hope cured him of the virus completely, he also lost his TP and went back to having limited TK. In lieu of his TP, he had a minor precognition power that gave him uncontrollable glimpses of the future. That's when he used the dumb mechanical arm because apparently his physical arm, which was restored when Hope fully cured him, was atrophied because it had never been used physically. Then later in the Spurrier run his precog abilities had declined to where he only had glimpses a few seconds in the future, which helped him tactically in combat. He also cut off his left arm at the elbow after being infected with some extradimensional virus that caused him to explode at the end of each day... but he survived by uploading his consciousness into a newly cloned body each day. It was weird, but also awesome. Cable had the Resurrection Protocols before Krakoa.

He was ultimately restored, in terms of his powers, by Hope at the end of that Spurrier X-Force run, but was kicked off the team for being too amoral and dark. Seriously. His daughter kicked him off X-Force! After that, I cannot exactly recall how he got the T-O virus back, but somehow he ended up having it back and then was killed by his teenaged self. And then we got to HoX/PoX, and in Duggan's Cable series he was brought back via the Resurrection Protocols with both his powers and the T-O virus, because he specifically told them to bring him back with the virus.

And that brings us to the present where he's in space as acting commander of the Peak, soon to be featured in X-men Red.