Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A couple of times unfortunately. He lost it during the Cable/Deadpool run for a bit, when he asked Deadpool to lobotomize him because he had purged himself of the virus and was using the full extent of his powers and they were actually too much for his body to take and were killing him. During that period he replaced his TK/TP with technology (the Cone of Silence forcefield which simulated his TK, and the Infonet which kind of simulated his TP), but then he got his powers back during Mike Carey's run on X-men when he was on Rogue's team in the arc where they fought a Mummudrai who reactivated his natural psychic mutant abilities.

More recently, after the Avengers: X-Sanction mini (prelude to AvX) when Hope cured him of the virus completely, he also lost his TP and went back to having limited TK. In lieu of his TP, he had a minor precognition power that gave him uncontrollable glimpses of the future. That's when he used the dumb mechanical arm because apparently his physical arm, which was restored when Hope fully cured him, was atrophied because it had never been used physically. Then later in the Spurrier run his precog abilities had declined to where he only had glimpses a few seconds in the future, which helped him tactically in combat. He also cut off his left arm at the elbow after being infected with some extradimensional virus that caused him to explode at the end of each day... but he survived by uploading his consciousness into a newly cloned body each day. It was weird, but also awesome. Cable had the Resurrection Protocols before Krakoa.

He was ultimately restored, in terms of his powers, by Hope at the end of that Spurrier X-Force run, but was kicked off the team for being too amoral and dark. Seriously. His daughter kicked him off X-Force! After that, I cannot exactly recall how he got the T-O virus back, but somehow he ended up having it back and then was killed by his teenaged self. And then we got to HoX/PoX, and in Duggan's Cable series he was brought back via the Resurrection Protocols with both his powers and the T-O virus, because he specifically told them to bring him back with the virus.

And that brings us to the present where he's in space as acting commander of the Peak, soon to be featured in X-men Red.
    I was referring to recently. He's hasnt lost his powers in almost 10 years and has been using it since returning to the X-books years ago

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Who else thinks Reacher's Alan Ritchson could pull off a good Cable - he's def got the look.
    I'm loving this idea, I really liked Ritchson as Hank Hall on Titans and I think he'd make a good Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well if you go back to the 90's Cable is mostly mechanical, kind of like the Terminator, so he'd have more than just the arm that was cybernetic and such...
    Oh yeah. He's still got the T-O virus running through his entire system, not just his arm. It's just that his arm is the only part that appears mechanical... until he's battle damaged, that is.

That's because the virus has completely consumed the left arm, whereas it hasn't consumed the rest of him but is still there underneath his flesh, running through the rest of his body.
    I know, right?! Loved the imagery Liefeld came up with (XD)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-24-2022 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Loved the imagery Liefeld came up with (XD)
    I think this was the (terrible) Mark Pacella who, just like Liefeld, vastly overestimates the number of teeth a man possesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was referring to recently. He's hasnt lost his powers in almost 10 years and has been using it since returning to the X-books years ago
    Got it. Well, actually he came back to the X-books during the 2017 ResureXion revamp if I'm not mistaken, with the James Robinson-Carlos Pacheco Cable series that debuted in 2017. So it was five years ago. But, yes, you are correct in that he had the T-O virus and his powers when he showed back up and has had them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm loving this idea, I really liked Ritchson as Hank Hall on Titans and I think he'd make a good Cable.
    Yeah, he'd be a great choice if they decided to recast and go younger for someone who could play the role longer than Brolin, who's in his 50s. Ritchson is 37 but with fully gray hair, the eye scars and makeup he could look older. And Cable was only in his mid 40s when he first showed up back in the 90s, so that's the age they should shoot for in the MCU too IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Has Nathan regained his TK/TP or is he still sporting that stupid Cyborg arm?
    I guess it's personal preference because I love that look for Cable. That and the glowing left eye is what attracted me to him to begin with.

Astonishing Member

Anyone have any thoughts about the idea of them maybe bringing back Nathan's adopted son Tyler Dayspring? Given that he's essentially the adoptive brother of one of the Five, one that Hope never got a chance to meet and has to know still weighs on their father's mind, I think at the very least a conversation about him should come up at some point. The Tyler that came to the past as the villainous Mister Tolliver was the end result of Stryfe's deliberate twisting and brainwashing, to poison him against Cable, and I think it could be a really interesting thing for Nathan and Hope to struggle with....the idea that they COULD bring him back, but as he was when Cable raised him.

Just resurrect him with a back-up that extends only up to the point in his memories where Stryfe first got his hooks into him, and only age his new body up to that corresponding point....and for Tyler, it would be like he'd been resurrected from just how he was the day before Stryfe first kidnapped him. But the question for Cable and Hope would be....just because they CAN resurrect him that way, do they have the right to 'edit' the version of him that comes back based just on their own preferences and convenience? Then again, if the man he became was only that way because of Stryfe's deliberate hijacking of his life and desire to mold him into Cable's enemy just because of how it would hurt Nathan....it could also be argued that this is just another opportunity to stage the rescue Nathan wishes he could have staged to protect Tyler from all that the first time, and save him from a fate that should have never befallen him in the first place.

Basically, I just think there's a lot of different angles that could be played with there, arguments that could be made both for and against it, and it could be a really interesting examination of some of the ethical gray areas of resurrection while spotlighting Nathan and Hope and their little family of two....or is it three, since Tyler's ghost or memory is still present in Nathan's life even if Tyler himself isn't physically.

Love that idea! Not sure Tyler was even a mutant though. If he was, not sure what his powers were.

Astonishing Member

Love that idea! Not sure Tyler was even a mutant though. If he was, not sure what his powers were.
    He was, his power just didn't get used much as it was fairly minor. It was described as Empathic Memory Projection. "Tyler's mutant powers enabled him to empathically sense the memories of others. He could then form a psionic link with another consciousness and visually project those memories as solid holograms in a manner somewhat similar to Dani Moonstar."

Cool. Then he’s fair game. Kind of surprising Cable hasn’t pushed to bring him back in that case.

Unless they have strong established roots in 616 now like Rachel or Bishop, I dont think they are gonna be resurrecting anyone from the future. There is no reason to resurrect Tyler as he technically hasnt been born yet

Astonishing Member

Unless they have strong established roots in 616 now like Rachel or Bishop, I dont think they are gonna be resurrecting anyone from the future. There is no reason to resurrect Tyler as he technically hasnt been born yet
    I mean I agree in principle, the thing is just that I think Tyler DOES have a strong established tie here.....he shares an adoptive father with the mutant who's pretty much the centerpoint of Krakoa's resurrection infrastructure. He's not a vague abstract, he's a literal loss she's aware of Cable having, and she's uniquely positioned to be able to do something about it. SWORD's King In Black tie-in actually did a fairly good job at showing how the Five view their role in Krakoa a bit differently from the Quiet Council. The latter is primarily concerned with resurrection as a numbers game, providing them with the population needed to be a powerhouse nation on the level they want to be. The Five as individuals, however, see themselves as having an obligation to their fellow mutants just by virtue of what they can do with their powers and how they've chosen to use them in this way.

Like for instance this page from SWORD #4:

RCO008_1616070793.jpg

I mean, Hope's the one telling Brand to screw off with her extraction plan, because she's not content to just ensure the survival of the mutant race....that's not good enough for her. She's made it her mission to bring back EVERY loss.

I can't imagine the character in that scene having no opinions or strong feelings about the possibility of reuniting her adoptive father - who she knows full well how deep his feelings for her run - with his other child, the one that came before her. From her perspective, I think its not really relevant that technically Tyler hasn't been born yet and won't be for another thousand years.....the part that matters to her is that a boy named Tyler did exist once, her father adopted him, loved him, and then lost him.....and she has the power to do something about that.

*Shrugs* But that's just my take and what got me thinking along these lines. I get that there are so many characters with weird time travel or AU backstories its not practical to delve into all of them being resurrected since their very existences are a bit more complicated than the average resurrected Genoshan mutant. But Tyler seems one of the most likely candidates for an exception to be made, because of who Hope is specifically, and the connection she and Tyler have through Cable....whose happiness matters a great deal to his daughter.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 03-26-2022 at 01:14 PM.

I dont think its the same. Bishop and Rachel have been here for years. Bishop is a great captain and Rachel is an active member of X-Factor (soon to be KOX). If they die, it will be in service of Krakoa and that would suck for them to die and be denied resurrection. Besides that their futures no longer exist for them to go back to or be born. Tyler's does. Kid Cable went back to his future that he left and Tyler presumably will be born. There is no need to resurrect him. If Rachel dies then thats it for her. She isnt going to be born in the future and come back again. Tyler still has a chance at life. If they start considering every potential mutant that has yet to be born, then thats going to create a huge logistical mess

Astonishing Member

I dont think its the same. Bishop and Rachel have been here for years. Bishop is a great captain and Rachel is an active member of X-Factor (soon to be KOX). If they die, it will be in service of Krakoa and that would suck for them to die and be denied resurrection. Besides that their futures no longer exist for them to go back to or be born. Tyler's does. Kid Cable went back to his future that he left and Tyler presumably will be born. There is no need to resurrect him. If Rachel dies then thats it for her. She isnt going to be born in the future and come back again. Tyler still has a chance at life.
    And if and when Tyler's born in the future that Kid Cable returned to, eventually things between him and Stryfe play out to where Tyler ends up in the modern day, and dies.....at which point....he's as eligible for resurrection as anyone else. If his birth is inevitable and all but predestined because of time travel, isn't his death equally written already? But the point of the resurrection protocols is now that doesn't have to be the end for him any more than anyone else's death in the present is.

And its more that I don't see Hope viewing it as a matter of does he 'NEED' to be resurrected. No mutant NEEDS to be resurrected, so to speak. They resurrect other mutants because they CAN, and upon having an awareness they have the option, they don't want to waste that opportunity for a mutant to have a second shot at life.

But I totally get why you disagree, and that's cool. Ironically that's kinda WHY I think this would be a particularly compelling resurrection story to explore....because I expect a lot of people would have a lot of different viewpoints on how things should or might go with this particular case. Its the kinda story that could allow for a lot of different takes and get people actively engaged in discussing or debating the merits and reasoning behind his resurrection in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And if and when Tyler's born in the future that Kid Cable returned to, eventually things between him and Stryfe play out to where Tyler ends up in the modern day, and dies.....at which point....he's as eligible for resurrection as anyone else. If his birth is inevitable and all but predestined because of time travel, isn't his death equally written already? But the point of the resurrection protocols is now that doesn't have to be the end for him any more than anyone else's death in the present is.

And its more that I don't see Hope viewing it as a matter of does he 'NEED' to be resurrected. No mutant NEEDS to be resurrected, so to speak. They resurrect other mutants because they CAN, and upon having an awareness they have the option, they don't want to waste that opportunity for a mutant to have a second shot at life.

But I totally get why you disagree, and that's cool. Ironically that's kinda WHY I think this would be a particularly compelling resurrection story to explore....because I expect a lot of people would have a lot of different viewpoints on how things should or might go with this particular case. Its the kinda story that could allow for a lot of different takes and get people actively engaged in discussing or debating the merits and reasoning behind his resurrection in particular.
    It was stated that at the current rate it would take about 300 years to bring back everyone that died in present day 616. The queue is too long for them to start considering alternate future characters that presumably will be born