Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Would be a great crossover, especially in light of MHA's more recent chapters having the darker aspects and secrets of Hero Society exposed to the public and to the aspiring heroes of the main cast, which could potentially inspire a Champions-style revolt against the corruption of heroism among the younger heroes.

I remember that one. "Good is not a thing you are. Good is a thing you do." In retrospect, one could look at it as a warning against tautology, the tendency to presume that if someone is "good," that automatically imbues all their actions with that supposed goodness, regardless of how morally dubious or flat-out immoral those actions might actually be. In other words --- "You can't call yourself good and then use it as an excuse or justification to do bad things."

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Very cute.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That "Good is not a thing you are" line is so iconic, it was used as one of her voice lines in the Avengers Academy mobile game.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That "Good is not a thing you are" line is so iconic, it was used as one of her voice lines in the Avengers Academy mobile game.
    I still miss that game. That said, that line belongs right up there with "With great power, there must also come great responsibility."

New Ms. Marvel mini announced. Same format as the upcoming Moon Girl series, three issues of team-ups.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...re-summer-2022
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So this is basically just a book to be spotlighting Kamala (and more Moon Knight) in time for her Disney+ show.

I guess Venom is Dylan?

Niffleheim

I've even forgotten her last team-up with Wolverine. Was that real or was that part of her fan-fiction?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It was real, happened shortly before he was killed off, Ms. Marvel vol 3 issues 6 and 7.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ms._Marvel_Vol_3_6

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So this is basically just a book to be spotlighting Kamala (and more Moon Knight) in time for her Disney+ show.

I guess Venom is Dylan?
    I would imagine so, considering Eddie's current status quo. Maybe she'll tell Dylan that if he ever wants a team, he's welcome to join the Champions? Though I suspect that Miles wouldn't approve.

Also, remember that Wolverine was the first hero Kamala ever teamed up with, even before Carol (whose team-up wasn't until issue 16), so this is a long overdue reunion. Since other X-Men are also supposed to appear, I hope they remember that Cyclops was a Champion and therefore counts Kamala as a friend.

I also note that the article mentions an exciting next era... are these one-shots a prelude to a new ongoing, I wonder?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-13-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was real, happened shortly before he was killed off, Ms. Marvel vol 3 issues 6 and 7.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ms._Marvel_Vol_3_6

I would imagine so, considering Eddie's current status quo. Maybe she'll tell Dylan that if he ever wants a team, he's welcome to join the Champions? Though I suspect that Miles wouldn't approve.

Also, remember that Wolverine was the first hero Kamala ever teamed up with, even before Carol (whose team-up wasn't until issue 16), so this is a long overdue reunion. Since other X-Men are also supposed to appear, I hope they remember that Cyclops was a Champion and therefore counts Kamala as a friend.

I also note that the article mentions an exciting next era... are these one-shots a prelude to a new ongoing, I wonder?
    I hope so, yeah.

Niffleheim

One-shots leading to rumoured ongoing seems to be what they are doing with Moon Girl and DD
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    One-shots leading to rumoured ongoing seems to be what they are doing with Moon Girl and DD
    Does DD stand for Devil Dinosaur?

Niffleheim

Yes it does.

Yes it does.
    That's good. I was thinking you meant Daredevil at first, since "DD" is also an abbreviation of his name.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's good. I was thinking you meant Daredevil at first, since "DD" is also an abbreviation of his name.
    That would be an interesting idea having Moon Girl and Dare Devil teamup with Princess Fisk as the villain/antagonist of the one-shot would make it even better.

Yeah, too bad, but Moon Girl's team-ups are with Miles Morales, the Avengers, and the X-Men - and other books haven't even acknowledged Princess Fisk's existence. Fantastic Four would've been fun too, so that Kid Kree could meet Jo Grimm, Ben's adopted Kree son.

Incidentally, Moon Girl's book isn't a rumour. They announced it last year along with other books such as the Timeless one-shot, FF Reckoning War, She-Hulk, and Avengers Forever. I presume it was delayed due to the cartoon getting delayed, so her one-shots are actually a stop-gap.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-14-2022 at 05:03 AM.

That would be an interesting idea having Moon Girl and Dare Devil teamup with Princess Fisk as the villain/antagonist of the one-shot would make it even better.
    Ha, yes, that would be fun to see.