Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Speaking of Civil War II, here's an article about Nadia's reaction to the event.
    https://www.cbr.com/wasp-nadia-janet-civil-war-marvel/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Civil War II, here's an article about Nadia's reaction to the event.
    https://www.cbr.com/wasp-nadia-janet-civil-war-marvel/
    I remember that one. Was actually pretty heartbreaking, how she couldn't understand why they were fighting and why she couldn't just build something to fix it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the tie-ins focusing on the younger heroes prior to the Champions' formation did a better job selling why they would be so disillusioned with their erstwhile mentors and with the adult heroes in general. Beyond that, while HYDRA-Cap was obviously not meant to be seen as entirely in the right, especially in the actions he took before, during, and afterward leading into Secret Empire, he would have generally agreed that the heroes had lost their way and lost sight of who or what they were supposed to be fighting for anymore, which was a problem a lot of people were seeing and reading with their own eyes, given the toll of the repeated massive fights between ostensible heroes since the original Civil War. Of course, what made him the villain was that his solution was to simply push that breaking point even more, take out or remove the heroes he believed were weak and corrupt, then present himself and HYDRA --- standing in for fascism --- as the solution the people needed, whereas the crux of the Champions was a challenge to simply be better heroes.
    Definitely with Kamala and Carol and honestly I can never see these kids palling around with Clint Barton after seeing him murder someone in cold blood (I think that was Kamala's first murder and dead body) but I feel like...I dunno if we're years past it, but it feels like so long ago that it feels weird to keep dredging it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely with Kamala and Carol and honestly I can never see these kids palling around with Clint Barton after seeing him murder someone in cold blood (I think that was Kamala's first murder and dead body) but I feel like...I dunno if we're years past it, but it feels like so long ago that it feels weird to keep dredging it up.
    Fair enough.

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I loved how their friendship persisted in Jim Zub's and Eve Ewing's Champions runs even after Cyclops and the rest of the original five X-Men returned to the past and their adult selves in the present got those memories.

It was a nice moment .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I loved how their friendship persisted in Jim Zub's and Eve Ewing's Champions runs even after Cyclops and the rest of the original five X-Men returned to the past and their adult selves in the present got those memories.
    Yeah. It's too bad the same can't be said for the other four members of the O5. Jean knows Miles's secret identity, as well as the fact he isn't originally from Earth-616, because the All-New X-Men, minus Cyclops who had his own book at the time, visited the Ultimate Universe, and she read his mind. They've never interacted since Secret Wars, so that's never been explored.

Yeah. It's too bad the same can't be said for the other four members of the O5. Jean knows Miles's secret identity, as well as the fact he isn't originally from Earth-616, because the All-New X-Men, minus Cyclops who had his own book at the time, visited the Ultimate Universe, and she read his mind. They've never interacted since Secret Wars, so that's never been explored.
    Sadly, yeah. Would have been nice if Miles had been invited to this year's Hellfire Gala along with Peter as per Jean reaching out to an old friend of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    I have these standees only I turned them into fridge magnets. I'm not at home right now but later on I'll get a pic and post it here.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Miles is about to get a new solo writer. Ahmed leaves in September.

I wonder if he'll get a status quo change that could affect the team? After all, since they don't have a book now, a new writer won't have to account for the fact the team was still active when the Ewing/Lore series ended.

Miles is about to get a new solo writer. Ahmed leaves in September.

I wonder if he'll get a status quo change that could affect the team? After all, since they don't have a book now, a new writer won't have to account for the fact the team was still active when the Ewing/Lore series ended.
    I'm wondering if they'll ever give Kamala a new ongoing outside these minis they're doing.

Sam might depend on if they're really doing a Disney+ Nova series. Riri probably has a new mini waiting in the wings.

I'm hoping Kamala will get an ongoing in January. Moon Girl has three team-up one-shots (one of which is already out), then launches an ongoing in December. Kamala also has three team-up one-shots. Same deal?

And I think something got delayed. They specifically mentioned there'd be news about Ms. Marvel at one of the SDCC panels. But we got no news about her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if they'll ever give Kamala a new ongoing outside these minis they're doing.

Sam might depend on if they're really doing a Disney+ Nova series. Riri probably has a new mini waiting in the wings.
    Probably, yeah.

I'm hoping Kamala will get an ongoing in January. Moon Girl has three team-up one-shots (one of which is already out), then launches an ongoing in December. Kamala also has three team-up one-shots. Same deal?

And I think something got delayed. They specifically mentioned there'd be news about Ms. Marvel at one of the SDCC panels. But we got no news about her at all.
    Maybe. Hopefully.

Viv Vision and Brawn are new playable characters in the "Strike Force" video game. They'll join Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales and Ironheart, who were already in the game. Strangely enough, there is no "Champions" synergy as with other teams: Brawn is "Gamma" (with Abomination, Hulk and She-Hulk), Vivi Vision is "Bionic Avenger" (with Deathlok, Hulkbuster, Iron Man and Vision), and Kamala and Miles are "Young Avengers" (which is a whole mess)

When the Vision decided to take his pursuit of humanity a step further, he created his own family in order to live the "American Dream." His classic nuclear family included the creation of a teenage daughter: Vivian "Viv" Vision. Her body is an artificial emulation of the human form, blending mechanical components with synthetic material, including synthetic bones and tissues that are stronger and more durable than a normal human's. Just like her father, Viv Vision possesses the abilities of superhuman strength, intangibility, density manipulation, and flight.

Viv Vision is a Support for the Bionic Avengers and she plays an important role by generating Ability Energy for her Bionic Avenger allies and Healing them when they gain Ability Energy. Her high Health stat assists her Healing abilities, while her high Focus aids in her ability to land negative effects on enemies, like Ability Block. Viv Vision also sports a new mechanic on her Ultimate Ability, "Solar Strafe," which allows her to attack all enemies in a single row with the target – perfect for a large wave of enemies in Raids.

Traits: Hero, Global, Tech, Support, Bionic Avenger
    Amadeus Cho is a Korean-American born and raised in Tucson, Arizona. His parents had a passion for historical names and named him after Mozart, as he was an exceptionally gifted child showing genius intellect at an early age. At fifteen years old, Amadeus entered a quiz show called Brain Fight. To his parents' joy, he easily won, but that bliss was short-lived. The person who organized the quiz game was Pythagoras Dupree whose aim was to search the world for other people whose intellect might rival his own and eliminate them as potential rivals. Dupree had his men attack Amadeus’ house, killing his parents but Amadeus himself escaped.

By the time the agents found Amadeus, he had encountered the Hulk, who volunteered to protect him. Sometime later, Amadeus assisted the Hulk, using special nanites to absorb the Hulk’s powers and becoming a Gamma-powered monster known as Totally Awesome Hulk. Amadeus prided himself on being a better and smarter Hulk but learning to control his rage was easier said than done. He eventually embraced his darker persona and ended up retaining a portion of his powers permanently. He took on the Hero name Brawn.

Brawn is known more for his smarts than his brawn. He uses this heightened intelligence to support his Gamma allies in MARVEL Strike Force by clearing positive effects on enemies, increasing Max Health of Gamma allies, and applying offense down with his special ability. He is a true Support character by assisting injured Gamma allies with speed bar, Regeneration, clearing Heal Block, giving Offense Up, and applying Deathproof. Keeping your allies alive is the smart thing to do - it doesn’t take a genius to know that.

Traits: Hero, Global, Bio, Support, Gamma