Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Yeah, Strike Force's affiliations make no sense. Young Avengers consists of two actual canon YAs, Kate Bishop and America Chavez, two Champions, Kamala and Miles, plus Squirrel Girl (a New/U.S. Avenger) and Echo (who's actually a main team Avenger like Miles and Kamala once were, and I'm pretty sure is NOT a teen hero like the others). They're using the category for any younger hero who was on any Avengers team, rather than specifically for the YA team from the comics. Cassie Lang, in the game as Stature, isn't a Young Avenger in the game, her category is Pym-Tech - Loki ought to count as a YA as well, but of course doesn't. Kamala actually also has the Inhumans tag, Miles has both Web Warriors and Spider-Verse (the latter is basically Web Warriors + Sinister Six i.e. Spider-Man rogues combined, and thus is meaningless). You forgot to mention Ironheart's team synergy, which is Power Armor.

Bionic Avenger doesn't even make sense for Viv - she's never been an Avenger in the comics. Hulkbuster doesn't really make sense either as that's just an alternate version of Iron Man! They also removed Vision's synergy with Scarlet Witch when they added Viv and the Bionic Avenger team to the game.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wouldn't include Loki among the Young Avengers because the one in the game is not Kid Loki but just "classic" Loki; for the same reason I did not protest about Cyclops not being a Champion.

Mighty Member

First look at Dominique Thorne's Riri Williams in armor (via Marvel Updates Twitter)

Last edited by ZuLuLu; 08-08-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Mighty Member

That "prototype" armor looks closer to the comic version than Wakanda Forever. Also makes her look more like War Machine.

Bear in mind that the comics prototype armor also looked similar to War Machine, with it's silver colouring and bulk. Her second armour looked similar to Iron Man's then-current armour, and then she got her own look.

I wonder if Wakanda Forever introduces the character, but her own show is set earlier and provides her origin?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bear in mind that the comics prototype armor also looked similar to War Machine, with it's silver colouring and bulk. Her second armour looked similar to Iron Man's then-current armour, and then she got her own look.

I wonder if Wakanda Forever introduces the character, but her own show is set earlier and provides her origin?
    That would be so weird, timeline-wise, especially assuming she gets her "main" suit at the end like most Disney+ heroes.

Nice fanfic there, set at the end of Zub's run, I believe. It's definitely between War of the Realms and Outlawed anyway.

The Strike Force campaign to unlock Viv (that I mentioned some posts ago) is available. As for the story part, the whole "Bionic Avengers" thing is done in just the first mission; from there on it becomes a team-up story between Viv and Riri.

I've been trying to power up Riri for the last couple of days, as she's one of the best five characters I have that are allowed in the second mission onwards of that storyline in the harder difficulties. The characters have to have an Iron Willed tag, the other characters available including Jane Foster, Kamala, America Chavez, Wasp (which is Janet - Nadia/Hope isn't in the game), Silver Samurai, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Nebula, Vision, Valkyrie, Heimdall, Stature, Gamora, Lady Deathstrike, Thanos, Magneto, Cull Obsidian, War Machine, Deathlok, and Viv herself.

Considering the story is that she's doing it behind her Dad's back, they really shouldn't have included Vision in that list!

Tony, after Viv runs off: "This is why we usually have a separate team for the teens" - a reference to the Champions?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-15-2022 at 03:52 AM.

I hope not. The Champions are their own thing, not the "Avengers Jr." sub-team of the adult one.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I hope not. The Champions are their own thing, not the "Avengers Jr." sub-team of the adult one.
    Yeah, we already have Young Avengers for that, no offense intended, as I appreciate them, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Despite the name, so are the Young Avengers. They set up shop without permission, which is why Cassie was Stature rather than Ant-Girl - the Avengers wouldn't let her access Scott's helmet. She did acquire it later when she joined an official Avengers team (the Mighty Avengers), but Amadeus, who had no powers at the time, was the usual user instead.

There's no officially sanctioned teen Avengers team in the comics - Avengers Academy was the closest thing to that.