Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

When was the last time Princess Lorna was face to face with Exodus? They never, ever have them talk to each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    When was the last time Princess Lorna was face to face with Exodus? They never, ever have them talk to each other...
    They haven't talked, ever actually, but ironically Lorna was in Exodus' first appearance in the comics. This year is set to be Exodus' first big push in years as a member of the council.

The same problem exists for Lorna interacting with all of the rest of the Acolytes. Its been 22 years since Lorna talked to any of them and alot of that comes from how writers often perceive her. If runs regard her as a generic heroine sucked in every so often by 'bad dad' soap then no she will never really interact with them. If they regard her as part of the House of M political unit then yes every so often she should interact with Cortez, Exodus, and the former Acolytes.

It may be helpful getting her to that point with Lorna not tied directly to a title.

Marvel so far outside of the House of M universe haven't fully committed to treating the family as a dynasty or a political unit though its been clear some writers do think it would be a good idea to go down that road and some have even said so on the X-Men Monday's interviews. If they are going to go down that road the first thing they need is a base. I feel like Hickman was a fan of the dynasty idea and even set up a part of Krakoa for them, but their relationship got caught in the weeds and thickets of overly genericized bad dad soap.

The House of M universe actually had semi clear directions for each member of the family that one writer after another followed. Pietro was the diplomat, Wanda took care of court, Lorna was the enforcer of the regime, Magneto made the decisions. In the absence of some guidelines Magneto tends to take up all the meaty roles and his kids are left to be just heroes responding to him that happen to be related.

By Marc.des1gn
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-17-2022 at 07:30 AM.

The original golden Lorna Headdress sometimes seemed to go towards the back of her head on top if I remember correctly.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They haven't talked, ever actually, but ironically Lorna was in Exodus' first appearance in the comics. This year is set to be Exodus' first big push in years as a member of the council.

The same problem exists for Lorna interacting with all of the rest of the Acolytes. Its been 22 years since Lorna talked to any of them and alot of that comes from how writers often perceive her. If runs regard her as a generic heroine sucked in every so often by 'bad dad' soap then no she will never really interact with them. If they regard her as part of the House of M political unit then yes every so often she should interact with Cortez, Exodus, and the former Acolytes.

It may be helpful getting her to that point with Lorna not tied directly to a title.

Marvel so far outside of the House of M universe haven't fully committed to treating the family as a dynasty or a political unit though its been clear some writers do think it would be a good idea to go down that road and some have even said so on the X-Men Monday's interviews. If they are going to go down that road the first thing they need is a base. I feel like Hickman was a fan of the dynasty idea and even set up a part of Krakoa for them, but their relationship got caught in the weeds and thickets of overly genericized bad dad soap.

The House of M universe actually had semi clear directions for each member of the family that one writer after another followed. Pietro was the diplomat, Wanda took care of court, Lorna was the enforcer of the regime, Magneto made the decisions. In the absence of some guidelines Magneto tends to take up all the meaty roles and his kids are left to be just heroes responding to him that happen to be related.

By Marc.des1gn
    Intriguing. Her and Exodus probably wouldn't get along too well but her and Scanner..Unscione? They definitely would connect and be on mutual grounds because Lorna can be more intense and impulsive than both of them. Exodus can be a zealot at times on certain matters and she might get irritated with that. He's already got Hope Summers' kind of weary...lol

BANNED

That's right, Roguey-roo, not only can Polaris 'walk & chew gum @ the same time',
    [as her savvy intel gathering skills deftly demonstrate, w/*pragmatic* panache I might add] BUT...

w/her EM sense™ apparently always on & ever *tingling*...
    Lorna takes multitasking AND observational vigilance to a whole new level.

slot machines...easy buttons...to press... JACKPOT!
    Lotsa double entendres in there, if ya ask me.

As for the dress itself, nothing against Jumbo's former creation, but this is simply... STUNNING! Silken crepe fabric that looks like so much molten metal, swirling about & intermiXing - it's REAL GOLD, baby!! Her hair being a deeper green than what she's wearing is the way it should always be, too, makes it POP. The jeweled ornaments dangling/floating from/around the hem is the cherry topper, though, w/Pepe & Marte's signature EM power rendering dancing about and... creating all those BEAUTIFUL, colorful angelfishies?! It's a very elegant & feminine look, that seems truly tailored to the character's defining attributes, from both the past but especially in this new era. Gotta say, I really like it a lot, Larraz & Gracia did a *spectacular* job that's flashy yet tasteful. She's definitely holding her head higher these days, and that's a good *sign*... I hope.

So HA...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I posted my comments in the thread but this was the first issue that I thought was a miss for Duggan's Lorna for me. I didnt like her as a white woman going to a foreign planet, acting ditzy, buying a dress and in the same breath comment that it was built on slave labor which she just supported. Her dialogue was cringeworthy and was not a good look for her

;p Srsly tho, think the other shoe IS... gonna drop. 8O
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 05-17-2022 at 08:50 PM.

BANNED

Oh crap, 4got, wanted to include this:

The X-Men Need to Evolve for the MCU | Den of Geek
    ... Your breakout characters in the Krakoa era are almost all second tier mutants. Sure, Magneto has had MORE than his share of moments (especially in Inferno, my god). But Polaris is every bit the star of this era as her old man, first as one of the leads on the very underrated X-Factor and then being elected to join X-Men. Similarly, Sage and Black Tom, Cypher, M, Sebastian Shaw, and Synch are all borderline superstars now, and half of them were dead before the X-Men moved to Krakoa. ...
    for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    Intriguing. Her and Exodus probably wouldn't get along too well but her and Scanner..Unscione? They definitely would connect and be on mutual grounds because Lorna can be more intense and impulsive than both of them. Exodus can be a zealot at times on certain matters and she might get irritated with that. He's already got Hope Summers' kind of weary...lol
    With Exodus it really matters what their interaction is about. Back and forth with Cortez would be interesting too.

It was messy for Lorna in her actual Acolyte run because Alan Davis had her very much believe in the cause of a mutant homeland and Nicieza jumped in after and said no no no she is addicted to Magneto’s power like a drug and then Austen stepped in after and decided nah she believed in the human homeland. We don’t have a real grasp of her politics right now. There has been way way too much hedging on that score.

Anyway fans continue to attempt their hand at a Hellfire Gala costume for Lorna.

isacoart Starting off this new season of the #hellfiregala with my design for the Mistress of Magnetism, Dr. Lorna Dane, aka Polaris! ��⛓��

Of course I pulled the face from @emmadumont like last year’s design for obvious “love for this actress” reasons! Some notable inspiration for my design was Moschino SS18, some Versace, a little Mugler, Dua Lipa in Giambattista Valli, Hedy Lamarr, Billie Eilish’s Demonia Camel 300 Platforms and Lorna’s costume from Magneto: Dark Seduction. Took me QUITE a while, but I’m really happy with how this piece came out

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2022 at 09:20 AM.

New game announcement tomorrow. Marvel account posted a teaser trailer.

Lorna's name is on it at the end. She's on the right side.

Last edited by salarta; 05-18-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I know I’m the only one but I think Polaris and Exodus would make a great couple. Their dynamic and relationship would be interesting to see. It would also break the image people have of always putting her with Havok. I’d need some fixing of Exodus though since I’m really not into what’s being done with him in Immortal X-Men #2

The hellfire design above has nice art but I really wish the gifted never got people into thinking Lorna has a pale, goth girl aesthetic. I prefer her less conservative but fun and athletic style.

I was happy to see Polaris included in that game announcement! It’ll probably be another mobile game but at least she’s in it!

Polaris Died in X-Force 28

Last edited by juan678; 05-18-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Polaris Died in X-Force 28
    Look it’s the Krakoan equivalent of stubbing one’s toe.

That said Lorna has been slacking off of late. That thing is a massive piece of mostly metal. Too much booze in that coffee.

New game announcement tomorrow. Marvel account posted a teaser trailer.

Lorna's name is on it at the end. She's on the right side.
    Nice I hope it’s something new and interesting.

Art

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2022 at 05:17 PM.

I’m honestly more annoyed that it shows Lorna around Havok yet again than that Lorna died, though Lorna somehow dying with ease despite this enemy being metal is a really stupid writing move. What is this, the 80s?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)