Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It's a semi useful interview. His response about the difference between Lorna and Wanda wasn't bad and was generally better than most writer interviews of Lorna though I will say they have a worldview difference between the two deeper than that. The interview did let us know that the Wanda ongoing isn't going to be the place for Lorna to respond to Magneto's death which is good to know.

As I said an x-book is the right place and this should be the biggest story for Lorna in two decades. Perhaps they are planning something and are playing their cards close to the vest. But, right now it feels like many new writers post Hickman stepped in with their plans and didn't consider Lorna in them even though they deeply impacted her story.

If Lorna responds to Magneto's death at this point Duggancanny or an annual one shot is where it has to be. I would much prefer a mini, but I doubt it will happen.

Judgement Day is the biggest thing to happen to impact's Lorna story since the Austen/Morrison era. That doesn't mean it will impact her story in any way.
    Personally, I think this is exactly what’s going on. The current X writers aren’t really telling the stories of the X-Men characters and their motivations. They are mostly telling specific stories they wanted to tell using their favorite X-Men and unfortunately Polaris isn’t high on their list of favorites. Lorna’s father just died and instead of allowing her any space to talk about it or use it to push her story, the books are focusing on a Age of Sinister story. I actually like Sinister as a villain but it feels like this is only happening because he’s one of Gillen’s favorite characters. We need a writer who actually like Polaris to be in the X office in order for her to gain any focus.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't even know if we'll get a proper issue anywhere dealing with Magneto's death and the emotional reactions from his peers. Maybe one or two books will mention it on a page or two but I don't expect an entire issue devoted to his memorial, truth to tell.
    Question is...If there is a memorial...would Lorna still be out in Space with Carol and Co. fighting Broods?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't even know if we'll get a proper issue anywhere dealing with Magneto's death and the emotional reactions from his peers. Maybe one or two books will mention it on a page or two but I don't expect an entire issue devoted to his memorial, truth to tell.
    Question is...If there is a memorial...would Lorna still be out in Space with Carol and Co. fighting Broods?
    If I'm not mistaken, there's been no reaction(s) to & zero fallout from... Mags' *apparent* sacrifice, so far. Timing's been & seems to still be... a li'l out of whack. That said, I could see the combo of restoring the twins' [biological] HoM parentage & Erik's return from "death" being rather *event*... ful, à la something like 'Children's Crusade', but in reverse.
    She'll be appearing in Wanda's solo while presumably still doing so simultaneously, in the CM/XM R/LotB X-over, same as Kwannon w/Marauders, Laura w/X-Terminators, and Anna & Remy w/Rogue & Gambit.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 11-29-2022 at 12:43 PM.

X-Men Office: "Polaris should have a complete mental breakdown over someone she doesn't even know dying in front of her, despite her having witnessed death before which includes a genocide we refuse to acknowledge her having lived through. Cause it makes sense for her to have a breakdown over one random death while not remembering a genocide."

Also X-Men Office: "Polaris shouldn't have any thoughts or feelings about her father's death, or do anything meaningful in the comics as a result of it, despite the time she spent with him on Genosha among other things. Doing this a year after writing her having a complete mental breakdown over the death of a mutant she didn't even know makes perfect sense."

And people wonder why some people don't read comics, when you can get better quality out of fanfiction and not even have to pay for it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, there's been no reaction(s) to & zero fallout from... Mags' *apparent* sacrifice, so far. Timing's been & seems to still be... a li'l out of whack. That said, I could see the combo of restoring the twins' [biological] HoM parentage & Erik's return from "death" being rather *event*... ful, à la something like 'Children's Crusade', but in reverse.
    She'll be appearing in Wanda's solo while presumably still doing so simultaneously, in the CM/XM R/LotB X-over, same as Kwannon w/Marauders, Laura w/X-Terminators, and Anna & Remy w/Rogue & Gambit.
    Yupp.
    A memorial was mentioned in LoX but none of the books have really addressed his death, as yet. Nor do I expect them all to.
    I would think Ewing might give it some page time in XMR, and maybe Gillenister in IMX but that's it.

(The one time they could have asked Claremont to do a Magneto Memorial issue...)

I was being a little silly and facetious with the Lorna in Space line. Who knows when those side-adventures are supposed to happen in the timeline? Who cares, really? (rhetorical questions)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Speaking of fanfic, there's an absolutely fantastic Krakoan era Lorna fic on Ao3 called "the way we were (mutants)" that is all about delving into Lorna's feelings and reactions to the Genoshan genocide, the toxic elements of her on/off again relationship with Alex (without vilifying either of them) and Lorna's history of mental illness - again, without demonizing her for it or just brushing it under the rug either.

BANNED

Yupp.
    A memorial was mentioned in LoX but none of the books have really addressed his death, as yet. Nor do I expect them all to.
    I would think Ewing might give it some page time in XMR, and maybe Gillenister in IMX but that's it.

(The one time they could have asked Claremont to do a Magneto Memorial issue...)

I was being a little silly and facetious with the Lorna in Space line. Who knows when those side-adventures are supposed to happen in the timeline? Who cares, really? (rhetorical questions)
    Yeh, that's what I thought, there's been li'l to nothin' in the way of ramifications.

And okay, lol, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Yeh, that's what I thought, there's been li'l to nothin' in the way of ramifications.

And okay, lol, gotcha.
    There was mention of his death and the ramification of his seat being vacant in the last issue of XMR but...no actual "let's all get together and pour one for the Master of Magnetism" moment...as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld
    Speaking of fanfic, there's an absolutely fantastic Krakoan era Lorna fic on Ao3 called "the way we were (mutants)" that is all about delving into Lorna's feelings and reactions to the Genoshan genocide, the toxic elements of her on/off again relationship with Alex (without vilifying either of them) and Lorna's history of mental illness - again, without demonizing her for it or just brushing it under the rug either.
    Yes there are some really great fanfics of Lorna dealing with many issues that Marvel refuses to acknowledge like Genosha. I would take most Lorna fanfics these days over her actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Personally, I think this is exactly what’s going on. The current X writers aren’t really telling the stories of the X-Men characters and their motivations. They are mostly telling specific stories they wanted to tell using their favorite X-Men and unfortunately Polaris isn’t high on their list of favorites. Lorna’s father just died and instead of allowing her any space to talk about it or use it to push her story, the books are focusing on a Age of Sinister story. I actually like Sinister as a villain but it feels like this is only happening because he’s one of Gillen’s favorite characters. We need a writer who actually like Polaris to be in the X office in order for her to gain any focus.
    No, obviously Judgement Day focused on Legion and Storm’s reaction to Magneto’s death.

The new story arc in X-Men Unlimited Infinity is focused on the fallout of Magneto’s death from Xavier’s POV. It’s sort of an it’s a wonderful life type story. An AU Lorna will probably show up next week for a bit, but I am uninterested as 616 Lorna’s story needs actual development.

Scarlet Witch #2 will deal with Wanda’s response to Magneto’s death.

It’s entirely possible that the x-line is holding something Lorna related to the post Sins of Sinister era, but we are talking by that point nearly a year since Magneto died.

Frankly the illusion of change concept has been failing her for many years now because she has no guiding focus or motivation and the past big events that occurred in her life like Genosha or happened more recently like Judgement Day are often dropped. That doesn’t happen to Wanda or other characters who matter.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-29-2022 at 05:34 PM.

BANNED

There was mention of his death and the ramification of his seat being vacant in the last issue of XMR but...no actual "let's all get together and pour one for the Master of Magnetism" moment...as yet.
    That's an [isolated] acknowledgement, sure. But it's not like there's been an official announcement and/or notice given to make it more formally recognized [yet], allowing for those subsequent reactions. Seems as though in story, it just hasn't *spread*... around, really, from what we've been shown.

Maybe all the "excellent" fan-fics out there is (one of) the reasons why current writers have foregone any such/similar stories for Lorna...for fear of being accused of plagiarism. (It's one of the reasons why they are strongly dissuaded from reading and accepting fan "ideas")

The main reason probably being they just don't care to dredge up that story and would rather have Lorna moved on and be in a better place, mentally and emotionally.

Also...

If there are so many "excellent" and "great" fan-fics out there (I'll have to take your word for it...as I stay clear of those things) that many of you have already read and enjoyed, why in Magneto's name do you want some "hack" writer come and butcher it and do it a grave disservice and you end up dissatisfied and still complaining that they could have done a better job/that you've read better by F-F writers?

Because I can guarantee...no X-writer will write the story you want them to write the way you expect them to write it. (just ask the Rogue-fans, the Storm-fans, the Wanda-fans...hell, every character-fan)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-29-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Link

Lorna in Marvel Future Fight. The first time they used her Duggan X-Men outfit in a game.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-29-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Lorna is FINALLY BEING added to FF and I love its in her current costume

ETA:
    Looks like she is also confirmed to get a T3

Last edited by Havok83; 11-29-2022 at 09:10 PM.

BANNED

Once again, it took 'em a few years, as this random find from back in 2019 demonstrates: https://forum.netmarble.com/futurefi...iew/87/1551718
    X-men Classic [New Special Missions]
    AfeefGorgon | Oct 6, 2019, 16:12 | 2,718

Here what I have made I hope u guys do it.. All I do is hope for this update
    New characters
    Polaris...

... there's no way that marble is going to give away Polaris for free or Havok.
    But *BETTER*...

late than never - WOW!!!

BANNED

FatScorpion 2 hours ago
    She is T3, at 0:09 bottom of the energy ball