Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Looks like Mark Eastwood may be starting his run-through of Lorna's uniforms...

https://www.instagram.com/mrkstwd/
    ThanX, Merc, look forward to seeing the rest. Will be here for ya when ya get back. You need to keep me in the loop when things get too tense & testy 'round here, as it's... familiar territory, to me. And I take great pleasure in downsizing would-be trolls these days, especially those laboring under pretense. Which is most of them, luckily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That purple and black costume still makes me think her powers should be turning into mist, a hypnotic gaze, and an aversion to sunlight. I showed the picture to my wife and she asked who the vampire was - she has seen comic book movies and animation, but has only read a few non-superhero books. Leage of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Saga, and Lore Olympus, mostly.
    What gave it away, the collar, bat-like shapes, webbing...
    or all the above, lol? But to be fair...

it's STILL pretty damn HOT!
    And also very much a product of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ThanX, Merc, look forward to seeing the rest. Will be here for ya when ya get back. You need to keep me in the loop when things get too tense & testy 'round here, as it's... familiar territory, to me. And I take great pleasure in downsizing would-be trolls these days, especially those laboring under pretense. Which is most of them, luckily enough.

What gave it away, the collar, bat-like shapes, webbing...
    or all the above, lol? But to be fair...

it's STILL pretty damn HOT!
    And also very much a product of its time.
    This is Polaris' second costume. It is of Shi'ar design, given to her by Eric the Red. But I always thought it was a deep purple originally, not pink-ish.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is Polaris' second costume. It is of Shi'ar design, given to her by Eric the Red. But I always thought it was a deep purple originally, not pink-ish.
    Yes, I'm aware, which does lend itself to the aesthetic. Eh, it's varied, and I just chalk that up to the inconsistencies of artistic license.

Yes, I'm aware, which does lend itself to the aesthetic. Eh, it's varied, and I just chalk that up to the inconsistencies of artistic license.

OK, just trying to be helpful, in case you didn't.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Incredible Member

That batgina design is actually worse than Dazzler's vagplosion

I love Polaris shi’ar costume, it’s a classic and I’m still in love with all the designs Dave Cockrum came up with in order to introduce the Shi’ar empire by giving it a coesive aesthetic identity.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

OK, just trying to be helpful, in case you didn't.
    No prob, it's not a biggie, but I mean... her green hair color varies more often than not. It's just the way things like that are.

And y'know, sometimes it's just easier to... tell people what they wanna hear, and all that. C'est la vie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    That batgina design is actually worse than Dazzler's vagplosion
    Ha! Guess we could call it as the artist(s)... leading the witness, and/or training the eye to... what matters most. The pie in the sky & all that, for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I love Polaris shi’ar costume, it’s a classic and I’m still in love with all the designs Dave Cockrum came up with in order to introduce the Shi’ar empire by giving it a coesive aesthetic identity.
    Gracias, there's much I appreciate about it & all of them, as well. As you say, it's a classic, and it's important to see them through the lens of when they were created.

BANNED

SORRY, y'all, guess it wasn't meant to be:

... This is a GREAT idea, so hopefully it's not a one-off.

POLARIS, and... Genosha! With RDauterman's recent, new *awesome* costume design for her, many of her fans are more stressed than ever about why everybody *but* Lorna gets to address the tragedy of it all. We feel she was the most important figure involved, and that it should be central to her character's narrative. That said... will it be, now [soon], moving forward? Also, Wanda, will we be seeing more of the apparent, newfound closeness... of the Magnus sisters? I sure hope it's a resounding YES, on both accounts. ...

THANK YOU, and I realize... this is A LOT, for/from just 1 fan, and will understand if it has to be reduced or not even picked/used at all. But I *had to try*...
    this time, or ever, who knows @ this point.

Re. today's...AIPT XMA: X Me Anything! ?'s

BANNED

Found this custom fig earlier, from just 2 days ago, and think it's AMAZINGly...

It took Face Customs Studios 123 hours to complete...

The Mistress of Magnetism, Polaris, is the daughter of Magneto. One of the earliest additions to the X-Men's roster, she has also been a member of X-Factor and the Genoshan Acolytes.

Polaris is made up from Emma frost base with modified batgirl bombshells skirt blended with greenstuff.
    Thd arms are Rogue upper and Dazzler lower.
    The coffee cup was sculpted and attached to extra hand (thank Wings customs for the idea!) Hair is fully sculpted with procreate flexible putty. Painted with a mix of Tamiya and Vallejo Air.
    and is now available on ebay.com, Marvel Legends Custom Polaris Lorna Dane X-men for approximately $127.25 USD, with 3 bids currently & about 5 days left to claim it. I personally... AM SO TEMPTED!!!

Also, got *somethin' else* I think is REALLY COOL, from somebody even cooler... that I'll post later today!

Found this custom fig earlier, from just 2 days ago, and think it's AMAZINGly...

It took Face Customs Studios 123 hours to complete...

and is now available on ebay.com, Marvel Legends Custom Polaris Lorna Dane X-men for approximately $127.25 USD, with 3 bids currently & about 5 days left to claim it. I personally... AM SO TEMPTED!!!

Also, got *somethin' else* I think is REALLY COOL, from somebody even cooler... that I'll post later today!
    Wow, this is really great!!

Why can't Marvel make one like this at a reasonable price so all of Lorna's fans can have one??

BANNED

Wow, this is really great!!

Why can't Marvel make one like this at a reasonable price so all of Lorna's fans can have one??
    IT IS!! Maybe they will, like a Duggan's X-Men '21 boX set or somethin'... 🤞🤞 They did one of JEANnie, too, and here THEY are TOGETHER:

IT IS!! Maybe they will, like a Duggan's X-Men '21 boX set or somethin'... ���� They did one of JEANnie, too, and here THEY are TOGETHER:

Thanks for showing Jean!

Now I really want these both, lol!

The next time Polaris appears, which costume would you like to see her in? Old look? New redesign? Personally, I’d like the all green with some tweaks or her recent X-Men look but with some edits.
    Last edited by UncannyLZ; 08-09-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Her recent X-men look. No need to change it so fast. It should be her current default for years to come