Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Those figures are amazing and the coffee cup is iconic.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    The next time Polaris appears, which costume would you like to see her in? Old look? New redesign? Personally, I’d like the all green with some tweaks or her recent X-Men look but with some edits.
    In the Dauterman HFG costume with the jacket from her recent X-Men costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for showing Jean!

Now I really want these both, lol!
    You GOT it, and SAME!!

The next time Polaris appears, which costume would you like to see her in? Old look? New redesign? Personally, I’d like the all green with some tweaks or her recent X-Men look but with some edits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her recent X-men look. No need to change it so fast. It should be her current default for years to come
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    In the Dauterman HFG costume with the jacket from her recent X-Men costume.
    I'll take ALL 3 of THESE, PLEASE, I'm... GREEDY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Those figures are amazing and the coffee cup is iconic.
    It is, BLESS master PEPE [+Marte & Duggs], we Polaris fans *owe him* SO MUCH!!!! Gonna tweet him a special thank you just like I did for RD real soon, highlighting his partiality towards her chronologically, from HoX 5 to XoS:C to XMs 1 & 12. He wasn't shy about wanting her to win the vote, nor was Ger-Pooh-Bear, when it came to writing her just... for him.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-11-2022 at 04:22 AM.

By lornasallydanes

Also something by dommnics that was started but not completed back in March. Goes to show that if Marvel allowed it, it would be entirely possible to redesign Lorna's costume while still retaining key features to be able to visually identify her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

x-men Legend 1 in Last Page is Polaris Cameo with Havok

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Is this Old School with original uniforms?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Roy Thomas is doing a fill in the blanks story about Logan joining the X-Men. Lorna looks to be brainwashed to fight Logan. I wouldn't mind a fight between Lorna and Logan again like in Uncanny X-Men 443 over something of substance, but mind control is the way of pretending to have a conflict with no interesting repercussions for the characters involved.

Her Duggan X-Men costume was fine for generic super heroics in the big city. But, I hope she is moving on from that to something more befitting her new Gala costume which could certainly work for a new outfit with some alterations. Lorna badly needs a darker and more mutant activist arc though we all may be in the nursing home by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is this Old School with original uniforms?
    This outfit she wore once in the early 1970s in the era this issue is supposed to be taking place.

Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2022 at 06:56 PM.

BANNED

Know some of you don't like being reminded of this part of her history, but... oh well:

https://twitter.com/mistajonz/status...68830097510401
    !CHRiS! Jones ✪ Drawing My Childhood
    @mistajonz

✨Quick Lorna Dane/Polaris cause can we get some X-Factor in #xmen97 ?✨

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I love Polaris shi’ar costume, it’s a classic and I’m still in love with all the designs Dave Cockrum came up with in order to introduce the Shi’ar empire by giving it a coesive aesthetic identity.
    Same here. Though it was actually an evergreen color when I first saw it. Don't know if that was intentional or accidental, but it started at the end of X-Men 104, continued into X-Men 105, and then in brief guest appearances in Defenders (Defenders For a Day) arc. I was mildly shocked when I purchases X-Men 97 from a mail-order company to see it colored purple.

On the statue and action figure issue the real problem has been a lack of effort and risk taking on the part of merchandisers. She isn't considered an A lister so they don't put in the effort they do with Jean/Phoenix or Magneto and most merchandisers shy away from the edge of most of her outfits. Its been custom makers of statues and action figures that have been taking risks and kicking ass with her.

Anyway new Marvel Snap cards for Lorna.

Last edited by jmc247; 08-16-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her recent X-men look. No need to change it so fast. It should be her current default for years to come
    Lorna using a skirt for a costume never looked right to me, but that action figure of current look is pretty awesome. I don't think we'd ever see something that nice for Lorna from Marvel Legends.

polaris 92
    Last edited by juan678; 08-17-2022 at 03:30 PM.

polaris 92
    I'm lovin' it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

polaris 92
    I'm okay with it. At a glance, looks like the Genoshan genocide happened in that comic's universe too, so hoping the writer acknowledges that as part of Lorna's past if it comes up in any more meaningful way. Lorna's dress there is still better than what was in the first 616 Hellfire Gala, though I like the second 616 Hellfire Gala's look more.

The choice to use the red and gold costume for that pretend tabloid is interesting to me. There's a bit of history where people in the 90s complained about Lorna wearing that costume for being "too risque," and it led to Lorna's costume getting changed. If Marvel's willing to acknowledge it today, maybe it's a good sign for other things about Lorna getting acknowledged some time down the road that Marvel's been constantly avoiding.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

polaris 92

It's interesting that the artist chose to show Lorna's EM powers in a more flame-like form, and... so similar to Sunfire's? Also, much like his fellow, fairly reserved brethren Cyclops, I find it fitting that Shiro's wearing a standard tuX. He is rockin' the ponytail, though, revealing that slight rebellious streak he possesses. Speaking of defiance, Polaris' mock gossip rag eXcerpt reads to me as:

"I'm NOT... Magneto with boobs!!"

In addition, here's a somewhat more METALLIC...
    Mistress of MAGNETISM, w/some SILVER LINING!

https://twitter.com/ollieboito/statu...13664295272455
    Oliver Boito
    @ollieboito

Polaris Illustration #xmen #polaris #magneto #marvel #illustrator #comics

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-21-2022 at 04:03 AM.