Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
When Marvel announced their listing of Omega Level Mutants recently, I thought all of these characters would be on it, but only 4 made the inclusion.
That's still an issue to me, just one I haven't been as vocal about as I was previously for a number of reasons. Even if we ignore The Twelve, there's still source material in comics that says Lorna should be considered Omega based on the current rules and definitions for Omega and Magneto qualifying with them. If they're dead set on Lorna and characters in similar positions to hers not qualifying for Omega, then they need to refine their classification so that it makes actual sense. They should be refining it anyway for the same reason Marvel's ditched or revised some content that was once racist, sexist, etc over the decades. Nothing is perfect, everything needs work.

It's not about having a fancy title that can be thrown around. It's about what it means for what roles Marvel thinks Lorna can have, what feats they think she's capable of doing, what development they will or won't respect and what development she can have, etc. It's an issue when a classification has the power to arbitrarily bar characters doing things they can and should be doing, or stifles imaginations that could've led to narrative gold if left to their own devices.