Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

CBR ranks New X-Men 132 Morrison’s best single issue.

New X-men #132, with art by Phil Jimenez, isn't some big, world-ending story. In fact, it's a quiet ghost story set in the ruins of Genosha. The destruction of the first mutant nation was a traumatic day for mutantkind, and a group of mutants still living there call in the X-Men to help them deal with a haunting.

Morrison and Jimenez team up for a great little story, one that plays on the open wounds of the mutant race. It features Quicksilver and Polaris dealing with their father's death in their own ways. It's an amazing single story, a rarity in today's comic industry.
    One of the things Lorna has long missed as a character was an iconic story. New X-Men 132 and UXM 443 combined as one story act as the closest thing she has come to it.

From those preview pages, I have a feeling this is gonna be an issue that definitely needs reading.
    The replacement artist for Pepe is again kicking ass. Though I have to wonder is this the first time Jean and Lorna were together where Jean not Lorna was the one with the headgear?
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-14-2022 at 03:15 AM.

The main team of Krakoan X-Men won’t be safe from the effects of Judgment Day either! Creative powerhouses Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz continue their hit run in X-Men #11. The women of the X-Men are heading for the hottest action in the galaxy…Gameworld! But if it’s true that the house always wins, our X-Ladies might be in over their heads…
    Last edited by juan678; 02-14-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    CBR ranks New X-Men 132 Morrison’s best single issue.

One of the things Lorna has long missed as a character was an iconic story. New X-Men 132 and UXM 443 combined as one story act as the closest thing she has come to it.
    It's nice to see more and more people recognize the power and importance of this issue. It's always bothered me how it hasn't meant anything to Marvel itself, so it's wonderful to at least see readers and fans appreciate it even though Marvel doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

The main team of Krakoan X-Men won’t be safe from the effects of Judgment Day either! Creative powerhouses Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz continue their hit run in X-Men #11. The women of the X-Men are heading for the hottest action in the galaxy…Gameworld! But if it’s true that the house always wins, our X-Ladies might be in over their heads…
    Seems like Marvel's trying really hard to make fetch (the gala dress) happen, since they keep drawing it. At least her hair isn't slicked back. Though I will admit I like the cleavage (no surprise with me being a cis straight guy and all).

Aside from that, I'm really glad to finally see Lorna in an X-women themed story. One of the things that's bugged me in the past was Lorna excluded from things meant to emphasize X-women (e.g. the X-Men book that was almost all women, and the HoX/PoX variant cover of X-women that excluded Lorna), so it's nice to see her finally get included.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Just sharing my thoughts on Lorna's X-Men #11 cover *appearance* from the May solicitations thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    WOW!!! I mean... HOLY HOTNESS!! The X-Ladies be lookin' FINEr than ever!

NGL, Lorna's being the most revealing & somewhat risqué, albeit tastefully:

brings a BIG SMILE to my face. It's DARING but ELEGANT, with its seafoam,
    moonGLOW translucence showing her subtle, see-through nakedness from
    the upper thighs to her pelvic area, to the barely-there neckline being more
    wide-open than ever, baring her shoulders almost completely & covering her
    ample breasts only, apparently... to where the edge of the areolas would be?! 8P
    It should definitely set TONGUES WAGGING, and I can't wait to see it inside...

when she uses her powers & animates it w/an almost otherworldly, apparition
    like ETHEREAL ENERGY. One fan even called her a NYMPH, from MYTHological
    LEGEND.

Love how she's got Pepe's now classic looking-down-my-nose-at-you pose, too. ;p
    I'm REALLY looking forward to reading #8 tomorrow.

https://www.cbr.com/powerful-x-man-s...eave-the-team/

But it does seem like the Generation X veteran is at least on the way out of the team. This coincides with the teased departure of Polaris as well, along with the upcoming new X-Men election to be held during this summer's Hellfire Gala,

Polaris didn’t do more than what we saw in the preview. She made a force field in the background of one panel carrying/saving some people but that’s it. Still a solid issue

BANNED

For relevance...

... Ya beat me to it! The Bling! mention in Forge's letter led me to draw that conclusion, tho, Negasonic's appearance led me to another potential possibility where the *GLARING & timely* coincidences...

just can't be ignored.

Cypher's mention re. the CK suit stood out to me, but as time goes on, I can't let go of my original thought that who it was always really intended for... is already on the team.

But yeah, when Polaris sashayed into the Treehouse in all her flustered glory, making mention of "sidekicks" (lmao, smh)...

I definitely took that as a harbinger. That entire sequence between her & Scott was one of the most memorable for me & an instant classic, I LOVEd their rapport, BUT... let's use the term "STAFF" Lorna, from here on out. I can't help but find her fussiness SO charming, tho, and funny - she's a trip!

On that note, something just came to me while writing this, *any* "union" between the Summer House + House of M = ...
    a House of S&M? 8D ;P
    I figure most fans here should be able to figure it out, I mean...

5 yrs. to the mo., both in & out of story, what are the chances?!

HAPPY...

*ANNIVERSARY!!*

For relevance...

I figure most fans here should be able to figure it out, I mean...

5 yrs. to the mo., both in & out of story, what are the chances?!

HAPPY...

*ANNIVERSARY!!*
    House of S&M made me lol. I had thought of it myself, but seeing it put down is different than something than being in the back of your mind.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Link

Custom Polaris statue. An interesting comparison to the previous custom.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-17-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Link

Custom Polaris statue. An interesting comparison to the previous custom.
    I like the gold and teal mixed in with the green on the body from what I can see. I would like to see the entire statue.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like the gold and teal mixed in with the green on the body from what I can see. I would like to see the entire statue.

Link

Edit. It is a take off using her classic colors of a short lived mid 90s costume.

What I will say in terms of Lorna costumes is that that one was lacking a dark princess vibe which is Lorna’s bread and butter.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-17-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks!

I am not sure I like the costume design or how/where all the colors are used. I did like Lorna's original costume where she had gold for headdress, gloves and boot with a teal colored green. This is the closest to those colors I have seen used, but for me, I am not sure it hits the mark.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    House of S&M made me lol. I had thought of it myself, but seeing it put down is different than something than being in the back of your mind.
    It is funny, and even tho it was only in the Ultimate AU, there is precedent.

CBR's Every Love Interest Of Cyclops, Ranked
    Another alternate reality involved Cyclops with Polaris, daughter of Magneto. In the Ultimate Comics universe of Earth-1610, Cyclops actually dates Polaris before getting involved with Jean Grey. This doesn't last very long at all but shows his general interest in strong, powerful women who maybe sometimes drift toward the dark side. ...

It took more than 2 years after 2015's Secret Wars for Polaris to show up in the 616 left in its wake, and it would be during Jan. & Feb. 2017's IvX...

tie-ins w/Deadpool & his Mercs4$, that was set FIVE YRs. in the FUTURE & centered around none other than... Ms. NEGASONIC Teenage Warhead!!!

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 02-19-2022 at 12:00 PM.

BANNED

... 5 yrs. to the mo., both in & out of story, what are the chances?!

HAPPY...

*ANNIVERSARY!!*