Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This is for Death of Doctor Strange: X-Men/Black Knight #1, for anyone wondering what this is. It comes out next week.

With what I can see of it, it's a neat costume for Lorna. It does a good job of incorporating her powers into it and using metal as a secondary color while retaining her green primary color. Honestly, I would've liked this costume a lot more for last year's Hellfire Gala than what Marvel had on her for the event. IMO add her headgear, and ideally add her cape, and it could be a new modern costume for her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lorna looks great

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That's a pretty cool costume for Lorna. Can't wait to see the context behind what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's a pretty cool costume for Lorna. Can't wait to see the context behind what's going on.
    This right here. This wasn't even on my radar until now but i want to know what is happening and why.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Holy F... this is AWESOME! Bob Q's Nightcrawler teleports Arakko's moon Phobos back into orbit before it crashes to the surface was easily one of the Krakoa's era's most memorable moments ever, it was epic. Unfortunately, he died, left his body there, and now Feilong has it, but you know, still. What's up with Jean, though, why'd they do her like that? Polaris, Sunfire, and Wolverine look scary AF, love their demonic monster designs. I was already really stoked for this but am even more so now. And I was just saying over in Iceman's thread about anime feels for his latest appearance, it's the same here, but this just straight up looks like manga or something and I am so into it. Mutants and the X-Men were made for this stuff.

On Zalag... dane, I'll just defer to JDW's answer on the subject: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/05/x-...e-gala-week-5/

and leave it at that, *for now*

Anyone else worried about what happens to Polaris after the new X-Men vote?

Not sure if Lorna will be sticking around or not, as they haven't stated exactly what will happen to the original lineup. I hope to still see Duggan writing Polaris, but I'm afraid she might end up in limbo.
    I'm really scared too, moreover, there are people wanting to throw Polaris into a new relationship, with Sunfire this time, it makes me more nervous, the problem is not the romantic partner, but maybe it's not time for Polaris to be in a relationship, it could erase a lot of things that need to be resolved, more important issues like her past with Genosha. Although I see a lot of people complaining about Duggan's work (most are Jean fans, and I partially agree), if he keeps writing Polaris like that, it gets tiring at some point, no matter how well it is being worked on, but hanging around acting as a teenager, with generic lines, I find it kind of "rough" (I found Polaris' attitude to use Laura's body as a weapon very problematic, Duggan really doesn't know how to write X23), and Lorna deserves better, even so, for now, this It's doing her a lot of good.

This is scary, dark, I love it! Polaris' design reminded me of the time when she became a Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

lorna is another character that proves positive energy works. she stays in my mind too.

lornajean.jpg
    colorsofchristmas01.jpg
    lornagala.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Who do you all think are or should be Lorna’s friends on the X-Men? I’ve been doing some re-reading and really noticing how much closer Rogue and Polaris are than I remember!

Personally, I think her closest friends should be Frenzy, Rogue, Betsy and Iceman. Jean should be her oldest friend but not her closest. I think they’ve grown so much separately that they should be close but not besties.

Who do you all think are or should be Lorna’s friends on the X-Men? I’ve been doing some re-reading and really noticing how much closer Rogue and Polaris are than I remember!

Personally, I think her closest friends should be Frenzy, Rogue, Betsy and Iceman. Jean should be her oldest friend but not her closest. I think they’ve grown so much separately that they should be close but not besties.
    Frenzy and Lorna were on the same team of Acolytes and they were only on the same panel maybe two times though Frenzy didn't always know it.

On paper they should know each other much like Lorna and Exodus should know each other. But, they have never talked on panel and you would probably need a very continuity heavy writer/run for moving things forward there.

Marvel has generally kept Lorna's relationships post Genosha into whatever her immediate x-team is and on occasion family issues. If they are going to break her from that they are going to have to build more dynamic relationships them they have to date. Duggan in areas is on a better path there than any writer since Austen, but it has a ways to go.

I would agree that Jean and Lorna shouldn't be Jean and Storm version 2.0 or version 0.5 one could argue. I think their interaction in ToM and X-Men #5 took them a small step away from that direction. Lorna and Jean should be friends, but that doesn't mean they should be besties who agree on the same vision for mutants.

Lorna and Emma are a very interesting unanswered question. Bunn fumbled the ball there because his conception of 616 Lorna and her relationships was way way too close to that of replacement Jean and replacement Jott down to it being implied Emma and Havok were sleeping together. Marvel doesn't need a Storm and Jean 2.0 and it doesn't need an Emma and Jean 2.0.

The best reason to be potentially optimistic about Lorna in the new era is not the coffee cup and shades though they help to humanize her for reasons. It is the return of at least some of the characters edge starting with House of X #5 and continued at least a little bit in Leah's run, but more clearly in Duggan's. The biggest force messing up the character in the comics since M-Day was the insistence on making Lorna a character completely replaceable with Jean outside of bouts of emotional issues. The more recent bouts of trauma the past decade hurt the character much more then they help when runs attempt to completely replace her as a genocide survivor with something comparatively tiny rather than respecting what came before and having any new trauma added onto her existing pathos.

It seems they have been possessed by demons.

Like any of a dozen other Lorna possession stories it will only actually be more than a vaguely fun rump if some element of Lorna is there allowing the audience to learn something about her otherwise its just a demon in Lorna's skin acting out. Good art though and I would agree that actually makes much more sense for her to wear in the Gala then her last gala outfit. But, like alot of things that came out about Lorna from late 2020 to mid 2021 it didn't really take into account the characters past persona which was one of the problems of her last run.

At least fans got to design their own more Lorna feeling versions of what she might wear to a Hellfire Gala.

I disagree regarding Jean. I think Lorna and Jean should be close friends. Close doesn't mean best friends, but still close. That they've grown separately doesn't jive with me as a good reason for them not to be close friends. The same thinking could be used to suggest Havok is the only person she can date or have as a significant other due to how he's the only person Marvel's allowed her to have as one for decades. Just as someone could say "Lorna and Jean have done too much apart to be close friends," someone could also say "Lorna's done too much with Havok to be with anyone other than him." It's not uncommon for good friends to drift apart and then come back together many years later, bringing how they've grown separately as people into the renewed friendship.

That doesn't mean Lorna and Jean have to be friends though. There are other potential relationship dynamics out there.

I agree about Iceman. I'm either way about Rogue. I don't see why Betsy or Frenzy would be close friends with her. With Frenzy, the only thing they really have in common is having been on Genosha. The only thing Lorna and Betsy have in common I can think of is Betsy (as Psylocke) jamming a psi blade in Lorna's head to get rid of the stuff done to her at the time and restore her powers. I'm not saying these characters couldn't do things together that build up to being close friends with enough usage and time. That can be done with Lorna and just about any character. But based on past interaction, I see more reason for Lorna and Jean to be close friends than either of those two.

I wish I could say Lorna and Emma could be close friends. But in all honesty, I feel like unless they do more together, theirs is closer to a business relationship unless they were to become romantically involved. My view of Emma is someone who can be very cold or very hot, but rarely in between.

I could say I'd think Lorna and Pietro could be close friends, if I didn't see them as still siblings and reject the Axis retcon on the twins.

I like the idea of Lorna and She-Hulk, but realistically they would have to interact more and build up to it. I don't think they've interacted at all. They have some common ground to work from due to Hulk mistaking Lorna for the woman he liked though, and there's the one picture of the two wearing Green Power shirts. If Nurse Annie returned, I think they could become friends if they buried the hatchet of what happened between them during the Austen era. I think there's still a lot of potential between Lorna and Crystal after Lorna's time in space spending time with her and Luna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I wasn’t saying Jean’s friendship should be taken from Lorna Salarta…I just don’t think they are each other’s closest friend. Which, in my opinion, is ok because not everyone should be the closest and if feels more authentic.

I personally don’t think a character has to have had past interactions in order for them to develop a friendship. Frenzy and Polaris just being on the acolytes together is enough to start conversations and develop a friendship between them. Especially with how dedicated friends it was to magneto.

It’s an antiquated example, but, if Polaris were to get married, who would be her maid of honor? It would be nice to see Lorna with other female X-Men characters and develop closer relationships

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    I wasn’t saying Jean’s friendship should be taken from Lorna Salarta…I just don’t think they are each other’s closest friend. Which, in my opinion, is ok because not everyone should be the closest and if feels more authentic.

I personally don’t think a character has to have had past interactions in order for them to develop a friendship. Frenzy and Polaris just being on the acolytes together is enough to start conversations and develop a friendship between them. Especially with how dedicated friends it was to magneto.

It’s an antiquated example, but, if Polaris were to get married, who would be her maid of honor? It would be nice to see Lorna with other female X-Men characters and develop closer relationships
    That answer at this point is fairly clear given Jean was made Maid of Honor at her failed wedding.

Rachel, Wanda, and two or three others were Lorna's bridesmaids. Though in terms of Lorna and Jean there is a huge imbalance in the two's relationships given at Jean's wedding Lorna wasn't even invited to be a bridesmaid and Jean had a lot of them.

My point with Lorna and Jean was I believe they should be close friends. It should be in a very different way then Storm and Jean. That hasn't been fully developed as an idea though there are vague outlines on how they could be distinct in various comics. They don't have the hope of being a popular relationship until they have a story that makes a unique new dynamic easy for fans to recognize and understand.

What Lorna could use over the next decade is (outside of family or shipper issues) two close relationships with the historically Xavierite side of the x-spectrum and two close relationships on the historically more ends justify the means side of the mutant struggle. Also, one semi close relationship with someone outside of mutant issues.

Close doesn't necessarily mean emotionally close, but it means they are tied together or working together in a way beyond being on the same team. Right now, she has nobody like that or even close enough to be considered a friend among the former Acolytes and she has a lot of vaguely defined nice, but less then dynamic relationships to the X-Men.

The type of dynamic and conflicted Xavier and Lorna interaction in Austen's run is something that is missing from any of her current relationships.

Hell, I liked Nurse Annie and Lorna more than most of her relationships as there was at least emotion there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-17-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That answer at this point is fairly clear given Jean was made Maid of Honor at her failed wedding.

Close doesn't necessarily mean emotionally close, but it means they are tied together or working together in a way beyond being on the same team. Right now, she has nobody like that or even close enough to be considered a friend among the former Acolytes and she has a lot of vaguely defined nice, but less then dynamic relationships to the X-Men.
    I know that lol. I think we are saying the same thing, that’s why I asked WHO would you like those close, emotional relationships to be with. Yes, Jean was her maid of honor but like you said Lorna wasn’t even in Jean’s wedding which makes me think that the writer made Jean Lorna’s made of honor because he couldn’t think of anyone else since Lorna doesn’t have any of those close relationships. They also both were dating brothers.

Jmc, You mentioned Lorna having 2 Xavier side and 2 magneto side friends. Any suggestions on who?

BANNED

I don’t really buy Lorna and Jean as friends for the same reason I don’t buy Storm and Jean as friends. Just because either paring were the only two women in the team, that doesn’t mean they have to be friends.

I think Lorna has had far more interesting interactions with her sister Wanda, with Rachel, with sister-in-law Crystal than she has ever had with Jean.

Lorna’s working relationship with both Monet and Banshee (Theresa) was a lot better than it was with Jean. She was better with Rahne too.