Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Ooooh. Thank you both, juan678 and PolarIceFire, for sharing about the "interesting scripts and art."

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

It IS interesting, and I'm eXcited!! And where eXactly, does that new, HOT Rictor avy of yours come from, Jbenito? I mean, DAMN, he is lookin' FINE! He needs to take his shirt off A LOT... more often, and give us that in demand eye candy, on the reg.

ALSO...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ... I do have something funny in mind from fairly recent history... that revolves around their respective eXes. But I'll put it over in Dazz's thread & then repost it here, afterward. ...
    as promised:

Way I SEE IT, between X-Men Blue #15 & Astonishing #17...

Lorna & Ali seemed INTO the POLY thing BEFORE... it was a thing on KRAKOA!!!!
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 09-02-2022 at 06:22 AM.

It IS interesting, and I'm eXcited!! And where eXactly, does that new, HOT Rictor avy of yours come from, Jbenito? I mean, DAMN, he is lookin' FINE! He needs to take his shirt off A LOT... more often, and give us that in demand eye candy, on the reg.

ALSO...

as promised:
    Shirtless, amped up sexy Ric comes from Excalibur #12 when •-[A]-• brings him down to the earth's core for a magic ritual with the Externals. He's hot and bothered for quite a few pages.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Personally, if they manage to get Polaris into the MCU, I want to see a variation of her "To me, my fillings!" scene. Black humor, but humor none the less.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Personally, if they manage to get Polaris into the MCU, I want to see a variation of her "To me, my fillings!" scene. Black humor, but humor none the less.
    Black humor works for Lorna rather well.

One of the epic failures of Lorna storytelling for well over a decade was writers with very few exceptions tried to generic heroize the character. Her as a mainline vanilla heroine or inexperienced and conveniently and typically badly written mentally ill seemed to be the motto. Alot of this was based on Magneto suddenly in the late 00s becoming a middle ground hero so the idea was pretty clearly in authors heads they had to revamp Lorna in an even more saintly direction to accentuate the difference between the characters.

Half the reason for the moderate success of Duggan's Lorna was he decided nah she doesn't have to be generic as hell to accentuate Magneto's awesomeness or 90s nostalgia. Duggan's Lorna needed more fleshing out and development, but his Lorna didn't actually suck as a depiction.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-01-2022 at 05:19 AM.

BANNED

ThanX once again, Juan, for sharing your cool finds! 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Shirtless, amped up sexy Ric comes from Excalibur #12 when •-[A]-• brings him down to the earth's core for a magic ritual with the Externals. He's hot and bothered for quite a few pages.
    YES, knew I'd seen it before & kinda figured where, just couldn't recall readily... when. This would've been when they created the gate to Arakko via Otherworld, I think, by sacrificing some select eXternals that were deemed eXpendable? Think I'm gonna hafta revisit this, mostly just for a half-naked Julio, and to refamiliarize myself WHY... he was showing some skin, for a change. SO, I can ENCOURAGE it MORE, of course. ;P GREAT CHOICE, and much like Rictor himself, it's A KEEPER!!

I SUPPORT THIS!!! It'd be a good callback to her father's infamous scene from 'First Class', that I assume had to inspire it, BUT... w/the stylized twist of some specific, Polaris personalization. ;D

Incredible Member

Makes sense to m,e my only rule (and it should be a golden rule) is, if Polaris is going to get into the MCU she HAS to be played by Emma Dumont!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They could change the visual effect. Have Magneto focus more on manipulating metals and Lorna more on elecotrmagnetism. Like Magneto's moveset would have him hurling metal spikes, cars, etc... and using metal to create shields and contain people. Lorna's would be more energy based and focused on manipulating magnetic fields
    This is exactly what I’d like to see! Magneto = metal and Polaris = electromagnetism is what I’d wish they emphasize to show some difference between them. They can do the same thing but the way they do it should be different.

I liked the old power display they used for Lorna when the New XMen began. It was like waves of electromagnetic energy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I liked the old power display they used for Lorna when the New XMen began. It was like waves of electromagnetic energy.
    Did you mean this effect? I love when the artist gives us a rendition of the magnetic lines of force

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

With Lorna and Magneto different writers are going to focus on aspects of their powers they want to focus on which will alternate between metal bending and high-end EM manipulation. It might overlap with what they are doing with each other or not.

I am much more concerned that their actual relationship is absolute garbage these days. I felt the relationship was weak and generic though friendly on Blue and certainly the X-Factor/Trial of Magneto interaction was grade A waste dump material. The stuff under Hickman didn't suck, it wasn't all that good either.

I don't want to read them together anymore they have botched it so badly of late. I enjoy reading Brand and Magneto interact these days. Lorna and Magneto? Not at all. Runs keep trying to force dynamics out of their ass on both characters that don't fit them.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-03-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    With Lorna and Magneto different writers are going to focus on aspects of their powers they want to focus on which will alternate between metal bending and high-end EM manipulation. It might overlap with what they are doing with each other or not.

I am much more concerned that their actual relationship is absolute garbage these days. I felt the relationship was weak and generic though friendly on Blue and certainly the X-Factor/Trial of Magneto interaction was grade A waste dump material. The stuff under Hickman didn't suck, it wasn't all that good either.

I don't want to read them together anymore they have botched it so badly of late. I enjoy reading Brand and Magneto interact these days. Lorna and Magneto? Not at all. Runs keep trying to force dynamics out of their ass on both characters that don't fit them.
    I think one of the other issues is that since the relationship is so poorly defined (especially in the minds of many readers) new writers can't help themselves ans try to reinvent it every time. Whereas the more well defined relationships get to evolve in a manner the reader can track, the poorly defined ones cause whiplash as what little has been done gets thrown in the trash to make room for the new vision.

Lorna would be one of the characters to benefit most from appearing in the MCU, she could take the role that was originally inhabited by Wanda and Pietro, and anything on film would come to be the defining version - something the character sorely needs for true development to build off off without having to demolish what came before.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Did you mean this effect? I love when the artist gives us a rendition of the magnetic lines of force

I love the waves too!!!! They do that in the old cartoon with Magneto sometime - don't care for the green beam look generic to me

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

Yes, please and thank you, lol!

This is indeed the effect I meant.

To me, this is Lorna's unique power signature.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!