Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I encourage sending something in too. Not that I expect they will actually be asked or answered, or that the number of questions would even be relayed to anyone at Marvel, but it doesn't hurt to send them in. So long as there isn't an assumption that sending in a question is all that needs to be done.

It also gives certain people at Marvel another chance to course correct. I'm all for giving them that chance. I'd prefer it for the potential of an outcome that's good for everyone. And I don't mind saying it that way, because I've reached my limit of BS out of the X-Men comics office. I've already given them since 2017.
    I should hope not. She was completely irrelevant to this particular storyline.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

THIS...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #44

KELLY THOMPSON (W) • SERGIO DÁVILA (A) • Cover by JUAN FRIGERI
    Variant Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA • Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    "REVENGE OF THE BROOD" PART 2!
    The Uncanny Carol Danvers returns to space – and to the X-Men?! A mysterious degraded message from Rogue has arrived at the same time that Carol's emergency beacon begins screaming with cries from Binary, and that cannot possibly be a coincidence. Carol assembles a team of allies, including Polaris, Gambit, Wolverine, and Psylocke, bent on rescue, but what they find instead is a dangerous old enemy bent on revenge.
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

was a pretty pleasant surprise, to be sure, AND...

am pleased with how pleasantly pretty she looks!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Wow this is great news !!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Very excited for this issue! I wanted more Rogue x Polaris and Lorna on the Cover a Captain Marvel is a big deal!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    UH-OH...No Spacebucks Coffeeshop in that quadrant?!?!!!
    She'll be fine... HOPEFULLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Happy that Lorna will have a role in KT's Captain Marvel...

Still bummed that X-Men was such a short tenure, and would have loved to see Lorna having a role still.
    Can't disagree w/da 2nd bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This is great, I hope Kelly Thompson writes Lorna with her edge back.
    but don't despair, take heart:

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Kelly Thompson did fairly well in the last issue she wrote her in. She gave Lorna back a little of her long-lost edge in Deadpool #6. ...

💚

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This whole team - Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Hazmat, Polaris, Wolverine, Gambit, and Psylocke is together for the full arc-CAPTAIN MARVEL #43 - #49. (plus expect some appearances by Binary and Rogue and MAYBE some other guests...”

https://twitter.com/MagneticMstress/...62820966907904
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Does Polaris have any history with any of the other characters that will be starring in this run? I know she has some history with Wolverine, Gambit and Psylocke but how about the others? I have to say I cant wait for this run to start, I really trust KT as a writer hopefully he has a lot of freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna and Gambit together again 8D
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Polaris and Rogue are kinda Friends

Also Rogue almost become Lorna StepMomma. (Hope the HOM universe gets a mini about that) and she was very cool with that. Not Like Wanda that did a spectacle about that
    MiXing it up w/Gambit, Rogue, & Laura/Wolverine again and Kwannon/Psylocke, Jess/SPIDER-Woman, & Cap'n Carol...
    for the 1st time, I believe?... COOL! Against the BROOD & their current, ongoing, X-relevant adjacence - DOUBLY SO!!

Kinda weird that I'm goin' outside the X-line for the mutants I wanna see most, w/this & Dark WEB, but I'LL TAKE IT!!!
    Tryin' to stay mostly positive for now, w/this 1st foray @ gettin' back in the groove. More on all this & MORE... LATER!!

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

The second mutant island she’s lived on getting attacked by an outside force and her father dying makes her irrelevant to the story? Please explain how that makes sense to you.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    The second mutant island she’s lived on getting attacked by an outside force and her father dying makes her irrelevant to the story? Please explain how that makes sense to you.
    It doesn’t, he just wants to support Marvel without question. Though of course, I encourage him giving an answer if he can.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

As Halloween is almost upon us, here's the Halloween piece of Lorna and Wanda I commissioned from BoxOfWant a while back.

As Halloween is almost upon us, here's the Halloween piece of Lorna and Wanda I commissioned from BoxOfWant a while back.

Congrats. This is really cute and also quite interesting!

Is that any specific sword, like the Ebony Blade? That might be an interesting weapon to use on the Darkhold.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Congrats. This is really cute and also quite interesting!

Is that any specific sword, like the Ebony Blade? That might be an interesting weapon to use on the Darkhold.
    Not a specific sword, the prompt was just Lorna dressed as a knight and Wanda as a witch. I think I gave some images of Lorna in the Pestilence armor as inspiration for the knight look. I think I commissioned this before Swords of X too.

Not a specific sword, the prompt was just Lorna dressed as a knight and Wanda as a witch. I think I gave some images of Lorna in the Pestilence armor as inspiration for the knight look. I think I commissioned this before Swords of X too.
    Ah. I like it a lot!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I really like the art style. Reminds me of the Dodsons. 10/10

Listening to Chuck Austen on the Graymalkin Lane podcast – he said his plans if he'd stayed on the book was that Lorna would become a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Listening to Chuck Austen on the Graymalkin Lane podcast – he said his plans if he'd stayed on the book was that Lorna would become a villain.
    No he was saying she was effectively one of the ongoing villains of his run. Though he was using the term in the same way writers and editors including Jordan White does when he refers to Magneto, Emma, Mystique, etc. as villains when they are on the X-Men. For most of the run she straddled a pretty effective anti-villain or anti-hero fence other than her wedding which was Lorna on the warpath.

The activist arc worked for her because she was coming off her Genoshan Acolyte arc and royally pissed off. I feel like he settled into a good middle ground for being on the X-Men while holding very different views then Xavier after the Xavier therapy in Uncanny. Her last few arcs of adjectiveless were actually I felt too toned down and generic heroic though she had some good power feats. The character should feel in normal times like one who you could imagine allied to or opposing Xavier and his worldview.

The podcast confirms Austen played a major role in coming down and solidifying her parentage. Mags is the X-Men and one of fictions greatest villains, but he has long been so great at being sympathetic that it feels wrong to call him as such even though he is. WandaVision turned Wanda into one of fictions most popular characters as well and she was at the end of the day the villain of that story, but a very sympathetic one.

I generally see Lorna working in the same sense as a character that can do pretty nasty things when she believes its right and for the greater good, but ultimately wants what is best for ordinary people and is quite sympathetic.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-29-2022 at 03:57 PM.

To me, he clearly meant "villain" in the classic, 'evil' sense.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    To me, he clearly meant "villain" in the classic, 'evil' sense.
    That is bait, but I don’t mind. If that is villainy give me more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That is bait, but I don’t mind. If that is villainy give me more of it.
    I love a good villain protagonist, so don't get me wrong. But he mentioned it in that same context as Maximus Lobo and talking about how all the big villains were claimed by other books.