Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    As Halloween is almost upon us, here's the Halloween piece of Lorna and Wanda I commissioned from BoxOfWant a while back.

That's such a good pic, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    The second mutant island she’s lived on getting attacked by an outside force and her father dying makes her irrelevant to the story? Please explain how that makes sense to you.
    She wasn’t in the story. That’s all that needs to be explained. Sure, she could have had an expanded role and that would have been nice and all but the fact that she was irrrlevant to the story THAT WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN can’t be denied.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The entire House of M took an L this event. Magneto is dead and everybody else didn't even bother to show up despite there being plenty of reasons to. It is what it is. Time to move on I guess.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She wasn’t in the story. That’s all that needs to be explained. Sure, she could have had an expanded role and that would have been nice and all but the fact that she was irrrlevant to the story THAT WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN can’t be denied.
    Except she’s not irrelevant, at all, and the only “argument” for otherwise basically boils down to “people at Marvel don’t have any respect for the character so they didn’t use her, and that has to be accepted because they say so.”

I’m reminded of when someone who wanted to uncritically support Capcom tried to explain away Jill not joining the Wesker fight in Resident Evil 5 with “P-30 behaves a certain way and the story had to follow that.” As if P-30 wasn’t a concept created specifically for RE5 and as if the writers had no power at all to decide how their own creation worked, and no control over how their story played out.

I can absolutely deny how this story was written because it there was absolutely nothing stopping them from acknowledging and including Lorna like they damn well know they should have.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I think there are more than one reason they didn't include any of the House of M in a story that functionally ends the family as we know it.

1. Wanda could have saved Magneto if she was there and on some level Magneto needed to choose for this life to be his last.

2. The new leader of the Brotherhood and heir to Magneto's legacy they are pumping up is not any member of the House of M though it feels like Mags soft adopted her in the past year. For Wanda she is not a mutant and going to be doing generic heroics on her title and the same for Pietro. For Lorna they have been trying to divorce her from mutant issues for a long time and sending her into space again feels so far like a continuation of that mission.

None of this defends the decision overall not to deal with the fallout though. It's not like they couldn't have done a one shot or mini and couldn't still do it in the future. Captain Marvel nor Wanda's book is the right place for such a story. The House of M used to stand for the honorable other side of the mutant-human divide from that of the Summers or Xavierites. I don't know if they stand for anything anymore other than dysfunctional family and Lorna and Pietro have suffered the worst from that.

By kishimina_z_art
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-30-2022 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

WOW!!!

1 of the best Polaris pcs. I think I've ever seen! Love it, an immediate insta-fav!!

Really liked this a lot, also, and...

the Emma D. influence I see in it.

Another winner, in more ways than 1:

as it comes w/some encouraging, very positive stats attached.

Wanna echo the appreciation for Salarta's inspired commission, too, for it being so creatively successful in all respects. I will only add @ this time, that I think the sword... might be more on point, than we know. 😉🧐

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Except she’s not irrelevant, at all, and the only “argument” for otherwise basically boils down to “people at Marvel don’t have any respect for the character so they didn’t use her, and that has to be accepted because they say so.”

I’m reminded of when someone who wanted to uncritically support Capcom tried to explain away Jill not joining the Wesker fight in Resident Evil 5 with “P-30 behaves a certain way and the story had to follow that.” As if P-30 wasn’t a concept created specifically for RE5 and as if the writers had no power at all to decide how their own creation worked, and no control over how their story played out.

I can absolutely deny how this story was written because it there was absolutely nothing stopping them from acknowledging and including Lorna like they damn well know they should have.
    Let’s see if she gets some focus on the aftermath of her dad’s death.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Another beauty & auto RT, Juan, thank you! Same goes to you, JMC, for both the original vid entry and that added IG, HfG image!! Super-glad to see Dauterman's ideal design gettin' more play!!! And get further proof from all, that her look is such a natural fit for & works so well with, the stylistic specifics of anime & manga.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    As promised:

That mug of his is just perfect, and so pretty, that it sent my senses a tingling...

w/an urge to make [many a] miX-n-match composites, w/all available @ the time.
    ... and maybe some others, like Scott & Ev...+ Anna & 'Yana, 2!! Wanda needs 1, tho!
    In the order they joined:

Of note, Firestar's hadn't been released yet, and there's an unfortunate, bittersweet anecdote to accompany the group gathering pc. [that's Twitter related]...
    which I may or may not share, at a later time.
    and another, w/some more... personalized indulgences:

Another beauty & auto RT, Juan, thank you! Same goes to you, JMC, for both the original vid entry and that added IG, HfG image!! Super-glad to see Dauterman's ideal design gettin' more play!!! And get further proof from all, that her look is such a natural fit for & works so well with, the stylistic specifics of anime & manga.

Also...

and another, w/some more... personalized indulgences:

Lol, I was waiting for these!

Hey, wherever have you been? I was worried!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Let’s see if she gets some focus on the aftermath of her dad’s death.
    I hope that happens in a real and significant way. And I hope it’s significantly suggested in the next two weeks in a way that won’t be suddenly changed when it seems convenient by people in the X-Men office.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Last edited by juan678; 10-31-2022 at 02:11 PM.

These are great Lorna as Polaris pics!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!