Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Amazon has them up still.
    Thanks! I'll have to take a look.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Last edited by jmc247; 11-05-2022 at 07:35 AM.

The one on Amazon looks much, much smaller! I wanted Big Lorna Dane Polaris!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It's typical size for a Funko.

Nothing about the Captain Marvel issue has changed the current trajectory of matters, or how I'm responding to them. Again, I do not fault Kelly Thompson. I fault the X-Men comics office. Certain people, to be more precise. They have a little over a week now to change for the better or give indications that they intend to do so.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

... the assumption its pre-Judgement Day otherwise it is something else entirely.

... Emma Dumont's 28th birthday is on November 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Carol clearly knows about mutant resurrection in this issue, so it has to be post-Gala.
    Oooh, I want that big Polaris!
    Amazon has them up still.

That is a good point. ...
    It is a good point but being post-HfG doesn't necessarily preclude it from being pre-JD. I mean, we now have Laura appearing simultaneously in both X-Terminators & Cap Marvel's RotB, and their 2, entirely different [impossible-to-eXplain-away] locales. So unless she has more clones runnin' around than we know about, as neither are seemingly OWL, then there's some shenanigans being played w/the time discrepancies. Not to mention, we never saw or even heard anything @ all, about the new, yr. 2 team in CM #43. Maybe that's where Scott & Jean rushed off to, when they eXited stage left... back to Krakoa before/as it was about to be attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's typical size for a Funko. ...
    I think y'all missed the joke both the 1st & 2nd times around, in that the fig looks like a giant-sz. version, w/how it's laying atop the signed poster underneath. Pretty much as though it's actually being carried, and protected more or less, by the cast pictured in it. Which was the intention, I'm guessin'.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 11-06-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I think y'all missed the joke both the 1st & 2nd times around, in that the fig looks like a giant-sz. version, w/how it's laying atop the signed poster underneath. Pretty much as though it's actually being carried, and protected more or less, by the cast pictured in it. Which was the intention, I'm guessin'.
    Lol, yes, I did miss it! But I still want a big Polaris! It looks so good big.

BANNED

Lol, yes, I did miss it! But I still want a big Polaris! It looks so good big.
    Ha! And here I thought you were making the joke, and that it was JMC & Sal who weren't gettin' it... go figure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Ha! And here I thought you were making the joke, and that it was JMC & Sal who weren't gettin' it... go figure, lol.
    Ah no, sorry to disappoint! I didn't see it for the way it was photographed, but now I can see it. I am glad you pointed it out.

BANNED

Ah no, sorry to disappoint! I didn't see it for the way it was photographed, but now I can see it. I am glad you pointed it out.
    It happens, but no worries, it's all good.

Chuck Austen talks about his time on Uncanny X-Men with Lorna. I haven't as yet watched it all, but from what I have seen its a must watch. The best place to start just for the Lorna stuff if you don't want to watch it all is 1 hour 2 minute mark.

I will transcribe a little bit right now, but what I have to say so far is Austen shows he really gets what makes Lorna function best inside that narrow intersection between Magneto's old ways and the X-Men and why the disappearance from Genosha from her pathos has undermined her story since then because without Genosha the audience and the writer doesn't really understand Lorna's point of view and its entirely situational for what might add to the plot at a given moment. This was the problem for Lorna in the 90s and it was again after she returned from space.

Austen: "If Polaris has watched a whole island of mutants slaughtered her point of view is now going to be different then Xavier's, its now going to be different then Alex's and so I didn't see a way to put them together... its why she was able to do the crushing Xavier's wheelchair scene (UXM #443) which said everything that needed to be said about her point of view and Xavier's point of view when he says I will die, I will not cross that line and now she is not sure. Its one of the reasons why she puts on the Magneto helmet at the end, its one of the questions of will I go that far."

"Host: We have a fan of the podcast named Amanda Martini and she is a drag queen and she did the Polaris in a wedding dress at a con and they called her dragneto and she said I am owning this its the best ever. It was such an iconic moment there was nothing better in the comics at the time... was it the artist who came up with that look.

Austen: I believe it was in the script. I remember my original intent was she has gone to the other side and she is confused and in pain and this is the worst possible moment. I remember one scene where she says you ruined my perfect day its like how any woman would feel on their wedding day finding out her man isn't who she thought. Polaris never really had a defined personality up to that point. Now we are able to give her a really defined personality and a little on the edge, a little darkly funny, and really really conflicted and confused where she had this one point of view and now she is able to see the point of view so clearly. It reminds me of the interviews of the guys who discovered the concentration camps in WW2. Its like that kind of horror you see that you never expected to see and it changes you."

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's typical size for a Funko.

Nothing about the Captain Marvel issue has changed the current trajectory of matters, or how I'm responding to them. Again, I do not fault Kelly Thompson. I fault the X-Men comics office. Certain people, to be more precise. They have a little over a week now to change for the better or give indications that they intend to do so.
    Or else ??
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

just messing around with a lorna design.

lorna000.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/