• Rufus

0 0%
  • Destiny Gonzalez

1 3.85%
  • Doombot

2 7.69%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, the R-Word did look like it could have been "Runaways" but the characters didn't look like they could easily match. Could have been fun, but I can vibe with a new Zub Thunderbolts.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Ultimate Member

Hm, that poll, tho. Runniest Runaway? I had to pick Old Lace. Nobody's gonna outrun a genetically engineered deinonychus!

Well, maybe Topher. I have no idea how fast vampires run, but eff that guy, he's dead.

With a name like 'Chase,' you think Chase would be better at chasing. Or being chased. Whatever. 'Cause, comics.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's nice. I sincerely like that rendering of her.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I wonder if they'll ever follow up more on what happened at the end of the last run.

TBF, she's not holding the staff in the released art (and others do have their iconic weapons shown) so I don't think it's fair to just assume that till we see.

No, but they have regressed her back to her original look.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    TBF, she's not holding the staff in the released art (and others do have their iconic weapons shown) so I don't think it's fair to just assume that till we see.
    It would be kinda nice for her to eventually learn some real magic, and not be dependent on her magic mcguffin. Her parents' being 'wizards' suggests that she's got the pedigree for it, she just needs the training. (And, to be fair, the willingness to learn, which, so far, doesn't seem to be there.)

Less the squiffy sort of 'personal power' that ends up being generic shields and zaps, ala a magic-themed Jean Grey, but more old-school invocations like Winds of Watoomb, Images of Ikonn and Crimson Bands of Cytorrak, would be my preference.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've not read any of the Runaways material or even read them in crossover fare that I know of off hand.

I have just started the 3 season show that now is on Disney+
    Just as a show I found the first two episodes good. Can someone tell me if this show is going to be a good translation of the characters or I should just try to enjoy it on its own merits?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've not read any of the Runaways material or even read them in crossover fare that I know of off hand.

I have just started the 3 season show that now is on Disney+
    Just as a show I found the first two episodes good. Can someone tell me if this show is going to be a good translation of the characters or I should just try to enjoy it on its own merits?
    It's a loose, but thematically appropriate adaption. The TV series initial adapted it in such a way to divorce it from its roots as a superhero comic. The personalities of the main characters are largely faithful as are the powers for the most part. But in the original comics the Pride wasn't nearly as fleshed out, and didn't really have solidified personalities outside of a few of them. So the fact that the show spends so much time with the parents is a fairly drastic change. That and the fact that in the comics all of the parents represented archetypal villain roles. The show kind of reduces them all to mad scientists. Granted the show does gradually give them some of their comics abilities.

I would say that the show is largely its own thing, but if you like it you'll probably dig the comics. You won't really be spoiled by anything because of the divergences.

Another change - Molly was aged up, has a different last name, and isn't a mutant.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now up to episode 6.
    I really dig that James Marsters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a regular. I've not seen him in at least a decade, though I see he's worked.
    He just had his tumor "healed". I could unpack the last few episodes but suffice to say I'm hooked and will finish the show before deciding on picking up any trades.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm now up to episode 6.
    I really dig that James Marsters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a regular. I've not seen him in at least a decade, though I see he's worked.
    He just had his tumor "healed". I could unpack the last few episodes but suffice to say I'm hooked and will finish the show before deciding on picking up any trades.
    It's probably good that you watch the show first. I binged the comics in anticipation for the show (IIRC that's actually the reason I got a Comixology account) and I think that set my expectations a little too high. The original Brian K. Vaughn run is VERY good.

Incredible Member

I still hate the casting of Greg Sulkin as Chase, probably one of my least favorite Marvel castings. They made him way too much of a jock instead of the slacker stoner he was in the comics. They clearly wanted to cast at least one pretty boy for the lead but he was way too old.

But I freaking love Lyrica Okano as Nico, I'm glad she's returning for Midnight Suns and hopefully, she can show up in more stuff.