Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I don’t think Spurrier likes Kurt at all, either that or he doesn’t care enough about his character and is more interested in the story and message reagardless of how it connects to the Nightcrawler’s personality/history/behaviours. But I will acknowledge he has improved from Way of X where every character Kurt met went out of their way to insult or belittle him. Shockingly I actually enjoyed Legion of X #5. It was much kinder to Kurt (mainly I think because he didn’t get to do anything). I actually liked Zsen’s goodbye letter but I never want to see what she painted. I don’t trust Spurrier enough to not have it be insulting to Nightcrawler’s character.

I see Mother Righteous and wonder if this is what Mary Poppins would be like if she went feral.
    Last edited by Proxy; 09-21-2022 at 05:56 AM.

All of my fave Kurt images from the latest AXE: judgement day #5

He was wonderful in this and honestly, this reminded me a lot of his sacrifice moment with Logan in House of X. Same vibe.
    I'm now even more excited for his focus issue of Immortal.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    All of my fave Kurt images from the latest AXE: judgement day #5

Thanks for posting these.
    To the surprise of ABSOLUTELY NO ONE I adored it all, particularly the Kurt/Logan scene.

Wow Logan is VERY pretty here.

I live for these three little words. I am a sucker for their friendship.
    1C03D067-8CF9-462A-9FC6-8CCF4BBA0ADD.jpg

CBR article on Kurt’s contribution to AXE.
    https://www.cbr.com/judgment-day-nig...greatest-hero/

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    CBR article on Kurt’s contribution to AXE.
    https://www.cbr.com/judgment-day-nig...greatest-hero/
    While I always take these articles with a pinch of salt, I especially enjoyed this description of Kurt’s personality:

‘While Nightcrawler's recent achievements are impressive, his innate humanity is what makes him the perfect leader for a crisis like Judgment Day. Unlike many of his fellow X-Men, who have embraced an "us vs. them" mentality that has driven them to become distant and dismissive towards non-mutants, Nightcrawler has held on to his innate compassion for others. With the Earth's shrinking population giving in to terror and despair, his empathetic nature has made him an invaluable source of emotional support for everyone. By helping all beings find the strength they need to forgive each other, they are able to work together to save their planet.

Nightcrawler extending an empathetic hand to the mutants of Krakoa united the fractured superhero community under one banner and gave the people of Earth some much-needed hope. While it's currently unclear what the future of the Marvel Universe holds, Nightcrawler's incredible leadership has seemingly assured that the Earth will live to see it, cementing his position as one of, if not the greatest hero in Marvel history’.

It’s such a nice reminder of Kurt’s leadership qualities.
    Last edited by Proxy; 09-24-2022 at 01:33 PM.

I love Kurt getting all this shine. Well deserved.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love Kurt getting all this shine. Well deserved.

While I always take these articles with a pinch of salt, I especially enjoyed this description of Kurt’s personality:

‘While Nightcrawler's recent achievements are impressive, his innate humanity is what makes him the perfect leader for a crisis like Judgment Day. Unlike many of his fellow X-Men, who have embraced an "us vs. them" mentality that has driven them to become distant and dismissive towards non-mutants, Nightcrawler has held on to his innate compassion for others. With the Earth's shrinking population giving in to terror and despair, his empathetic nature has made him an invaluable source of emotional support for everyone. By helping all beings find the strength they need to forgive each other, they are able to work together to save their planet.

Nightcrawler extending an empathetic hand to the mutants of Krakoa united the fractured superhero community under one banner and gave the people of Earth some much-needed hope. While it's currently unclear what the future of the Marvel Universe holds, Nightcrawler's incredible leadership has seemingly assured that the Earth will live to see it, cementing his position as one of, if not the greatest hero in Marvel history’.

It’s such a nice reminder of Kurt’s leadership qualities.
    I've always loved Nightcrawler and the way they could explore faith through him. But I find the current crop of X-writers are so dismissive of genuinely held religious faith that they have hurt purposely mocked and derided both Nightcrawler and Exodus with their bias against religion in general (and possibly Catholicism in particular).

Both characters are so intrinsically entwined with Catholicism you simply cannot have the same character without it. And I always saw them as excellent contrasts, Kurt's compassionate take of the religion vs. the medieval Exodus's militant crusader take. I found both of them so interesting when that stuff is explored, but in the Krakoa era it is just pushed aside with nothing but mockery. Exodus is the 'religious nut' even as he saves the day against a Hex, and his Catholicism is devolved into nothing more than the blind following of whatever shiny light happens to be in front of him at the moment.

Even worse to me is how Kurt's Catholicism, which has been the bedrock of his entire character, just goes away the second it is challenged in the Krakoan era. All of his morals and integrity--the things that make Kurt so special-- are founded on his religious beliefs. It almost seems to me to be some sort of mind control that he gives the core of himself up so easily and with so little emotional difficulty.

I'm not against Kurt exploring his religion or even changing his beliefs if the story was well-plotted and explored it in a respectful way. Instead, we just get a few issues of angst and then some amalgam of various religions throughout history.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

A curious sighting of a Wolverine/Nightcrawler hybrid in the new S.O.S: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1575885692776943616

spoilers!!!

Some drastic revelations about Nightcrawler in upcoming issues of "Legion of X"

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...-like-hellboy/

I hope that this is not a permanent development. But we'll see, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers!!!

Some drastic revelations about Nightcrawler in upcoming issues of "Legion of X"

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...-like-hellboy/

I hope that this is not a permanent development. But we'll see, however.
    Interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it but we'll see how the story plays out.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I can't say I like the idea of giving Kurt horns. It's very trite in a "let's make the religious character demonic looking" and I expect far better from Spurrier.