Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Default Guten tag meine freunde! The Kurt Wagner - Nightcrawler Appreciation 2022

All welcome to discuss and appreciate our fuzzy elf!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to what 2022 brings for the fuzzy elf!

Got my pre-order for X-men legends #12 and waiting for Legion of X with hopeful anticipation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-01-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Happy New Year to Kurt and his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Happy New Year! Looking forward to what 2022 brings for the fuzzy elf!

Got my pre-order for X-men legends #12 and waiting for Legion of X with hopeful anticipation.
    Yeah, will be interesting to see where he goes this year. That promo had him bending the knee to someone, my guess (hope?) is Ororo? They haven’t interacted at all on Krakoa, despite sitting together on The Council.
    I do hope he gets a home, rather than a squat!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Kurt and his fans .
    New year, new hopes.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Happy New Year to all Kurt fans
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Happy New Year, Mr Wagner!

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, will be interesting to see where he goes this year. That promo had him bending the knee to someone, my guess (hope?) is Ororo? They haven’t interacted at all on Krakoa, despite sitting together on The Council.
    I do hope he gets a home, rather than a squat!

New year, new hopes.
    The image was intriguing.

Nightcrawler loves a good bow (usually for the ladies ) but this one seems like he's addressing someone important. I do hope it's Ororo too. It would make sense since Legion's temple is on Mars and she is the regent, why not pay your respects.

I hope he gets a proper home too, or at least a decent bedroom!

What are people's hopes for Kurt this year?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-02-2022 at 05:31 PM.

The image was intriguing.

Nightcrawler loves a good bow (usually for the ladies ) but this one seems like he's addressing someone important. I do hope it's Ororo too. It would make sense since Legion's temple is on Mars and she is the regent, why not pay your respects.

I hope he gets a proper home too, or at least a decent bedroom!

What are people's hopes for Kurt this year?
    Friends. i alway hope for Kurt to be with his friends. When did we last have a scene between him and Peter? Ororo? Kitty (blind drunk doesn’t count)?

Speaking of blind drunk, I was assuming it would be a plot point, possibly in Trial if Magneto, but no, Kurt got shitfaced for no good reason at the gala.
    Sigh.

85EC8872-544F-4CA0-A9EA-A340A3842A26.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Friends. i alway hope for Kurt to be with his friends. When did we last have a scene between him and Peter? Ororo? Kitty (blind drunk doesn’t count)?

Speaking of blind drunk, I was assuming it would be a plot point, possibly in Trial if Magneto, but no, Kurt got shitfaced for no good reason at the gala.
    Sigh.

85EC8872-544F-4CA0-A9EA-A340A3842A26.jpg
    Yes that bothered me too! I was expecting Kurt being a (very drunk) witness to Magneto and Scarlet Witches conversation and having it come up in the trial of magneto. Here was me thinking the it was a clever tie-in but nope, just a throw away moment.

I really didn’t enjoy him being drunk at the gala. I get why Kurt would want to be plastered with what he was struggling with, but it didn’t sit right with me that his friends wouldn’t be helping him. I still can’t quite believe that Kitty dumped him against a tree to pass out and left him there.

I agree, I’d like more interaction with his friends, and let them be friends!

Yes that bothered me too! I was expecting Kurt being a (very drunk) witness to Magneto and Scarlet Witches conversation and having it come up in the trial of magneto. Here was me thinking the it was a clever tie-in but nope, just a throw away moment.

I really didn’t enjoy him being drunk at the gala. I get why Kurt would want to be plastered with what he was struggling with, but it didn’t sit right with me that his friends wouldn’t be helping him. I still can’t quite believe that Kitty dumped him against a tree to pass out and left him there.

I agree, I’d like more interaction with his friends, and let them be friends!
    Given his main drinking partner, he’s no lightweight. Seeing him like that should raise alarm bells for anyone who cares about him.

I loved seeing him build up his new friendships in Way of X, Kurt carries on with his long history of getting on with everyone and particularly the difficult and unlovable such as David and Dr Nemesis.

Spectacular Member

I'm hoping this year that Kurt will shine as a teammate in a successful recurring title - which may be the case with "Legion of X"! The roster is interesting - Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Pixie, ForgetMeNot, Blindfold, Doctor Nemesis, plus maybe Legion? Nightcrawler + Legion would mean there's probably a lot of comedy, and the premise of ForgetMeNot would probably just add to that. I would imagine with those three there will also be a heavy dose of pathos.

Many of the books that Nightcrawler has been a part of have seemingly been experimental and thus, short-lived. I hope this title doesn't suffer the same fate, but with the quirky cast, it almost seems inevitable. Whatever. As long as it's well-written and there's plenty of action, I'll take what I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    I'm hoping this year that Kurt will shine as a teammate in a successful recurring title - which may be the case with "Legion of X"! The roster is interesting - Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Pixie, ForgetMeNot, Blindfold, Doctor Nemesis, plus maybe Legion? Nightcrawler + Legion would mean there's probably a lot of comedy, and the premise of ForgetMeNot would probably just add to that. I would imagine with those three there will also be a heavy dose of pathos.

Many of the books that Nightcrawler has been a part of have seemingly been experimental and thus, short-lived. I hope this title doesn't suffer the same fate, but with the quirky cast, it almost seems inevitable. Whatever. As long as it's well-written and there's plenty of action, I'll take what I can get!
    In agreement that the cast of the new book is interesting, and, while I hanker after seeing Kurt with his old friends, I’m also absolutely happy for him to make new ones. I hope Dust is in the cast too. And Stacy.

I’m sort of glad we’re getting this book. Not fond of all Spurriers messages and characterisations but we’ll see how it goes.

I like the idea that Kurt and crew are going to address the not so perfect Krakoa and Kurt and Legions growing friendship was something I didn’t know I needed. I’m interested to see how he gets on with Juggernaut.