Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I prefer Nightcrawler written by Gillen. We got so many different sides of NC in one issue.
    I was blown away by how many nuances to Nightcrawler’s character they managed to squeeze in! Loved it!

I haven't read the issue yet but I read the spoilers and I suddenly have an idea.

If resurrection make the mutants stronger, what will dying more than Quire do to Kurt ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet but I read the spoilers and I suddenly have an idea.

If resurrection make the mutants stronger, what will dying more than Quire do to Kurt ?
    Maybe they’ll follow it up in Legion of X?

Kurt making an appearance in the Death to the mutants #3 discussing what I assume is Moira and Nimrod.

Yeah that makes sense and fits.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/24/x-...ordan-d-white/

AIPT: Well, speaking of… Rogue and Gambit have had a few series — most recently Mr. & Mrs. X. What, in your opinion, makes the upcoming Rogue & Gambit unique compared to this iconic X-couple’s past outings?

Jordan: Well, this is spinning out of the X-Men title. First of all, since Rogue joined the X-Men, Rogue and Gambit were separated a bunch, but then we have featured them together in the X-Men title, and we got that great scene of Rogue and Gambit on a mission that Destiny was there interfering in. And that family dynamic of Rogue, Gambit, Destiny, and Mystique that we haven’t really seen explored as much was very exciting to us. So that’s something that we very much wanted to spotlight in its own book.

Lol poor Kurt, shunned again.

Yeah I think the only time they really had a family bound was maybe in X-men Forever. And in Judgement day a little bit.
    Not really sure if he is really interested in it though.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yeah I think the only time they really had a family bound was maybe in X-men Forever. And in Judgement day a little bit.
    Not really sure if he is really interested in it though.
    I actually enjoyed what Claremont did with them in X-Men Forever, though many people didn't like that series.

I wouldn’t say I want them to start playing happy families, but I do think that it would be a bit of a missed opportunity to not explore Kurt’s relationship with this family dynamic in the Krakoa era. He’s around Destiny and Mystique constantly now, there’s potentially some good character and relationship exploration there!

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I wouldn’t say I want them to start playing happy families, but I do think that it would be a bit of a missed opportunity to not explore Kurt’s relationship with this family dynamic in the Krakoa era. He’s around Destiny and Mystique constantly now, there’s potentially some good character and relationship exploration there!
    I don't think she threw Kurt over a waterfall either in Claremont's Forever. Yeah, I agree I can't see there not being some friction there in this universe. Too much has happened.

An interesting interview with Chuck Austen: https://redcircle.com/shows/graymalk...0-acf719aef448

Some Nightcrawler highlights:

He didn’t want Nightcrawler to be a priest and requested to use him even though he was on another book at the time.

Further confirmation that Azazel is not a demon, he is a mutant (described as the magneto of his time). Editorial were very clear that Nightcrawler had to be a child of two mutants with no demon connection (even though some readers still mistake Azazel for a demon so they obviously didn’t make it as clear as they hoped).

Chuck at the time, had no idea there were previous intentions for Mystique and Destiny to be Nightcrawler’s parents, or that there were hints towards them even being in a relationship.

Good interview, I still hate his run but they way he describes things makes it sound like he was passionate about sharing these emotional stories but the ideas didn’t stick the landing or couldn’t be finished to his intended conclusions.

An interesting interview with Chuck Austen: https://redcircle.com/shows/graymalk...0-acf719aef448

Some Nightcrawler highlights:

He didn’t want Nightcrawler to be a priest and requested to use him even though he was on another book at the time.

Further confirmation that Azazel is not a demon, he is a mutant (described as the magneto of his time). Editorial were very clear that Nightcrawler had to be a child of two mutants with no demon connection (even though some readers still mistake Azazel for a demon so they obviously didn’t make it as clear as they hoped).

Chuck at the time, had no idea there were previous intentions for Mystique and Destiny to be Nightcrawler’s parents, or that there were hints towards them even being in a relationship.

Good interview, I still hate his run but they way he describes things makes it sound like he was passionate about sharing these emotional stories but the ideas didn’t stick the landing or couldn’t be finished to his intended conclusions.
    Thanks for sharing these highlights. That's very interesting indeed that he didn't want Nightcrawler to be a priest and that Azazel is not, and was never meant to be, a demon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks for sharing these highlights. That's very interesting indeed that he didn't want Nightcrawler to be a priest and that Azazel is not, and was never meant to be, a demon.
    It’s a little pet peeve of mine when articles talk about Nightcrawler and call him a half demon. Not sure if that’s my need for accuracy or my dislike of Kurt having a connection to demons (oh a demon looking man turns out to be a half demon? so original ) maybe both.
    Last edited by Proxy; 10-31-2022 at 05:15 PM.

It’s a little pet peeve of mine when articles talk about Nightcrawler and call him a half demon. Not sure if that’s my need for accuracy or my dislike of Kurt having a connection to demons (oh a demon looking man turns out to be a half demon? so original ) maybe both.
    People were still referring to his father as a demon in your post with the link. So I guess that they just didn't read the interview yet.

I care about accuracy. An example that kinda irritates me. In Legion of X Kurt said his Celibacy didn't stick but it actually did while he was a priest. He pushed off both Cerise and Stacy X. He wasn't even tempted to break his vows. If I remember correctly he didn't even have sex for a long time since what happened in the Draco. I think Zen was the first time he had sex since forever. I am not Christian or religious but I respected Kurt for that. That he took his vows seriously and wasn't like "Oh, I'll just become a priest and have a little noogie on the side no big deal." He followed through.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    People were still referring to his father as a demon in your post with the link. So I guess that they just didn't read the interview yet.

I care about accuracy. An example that kinda irritates me. In Legion of X Kurt said his Celibacy didn't stick but it actually did while he was a priest. He pushed off both Cerise and Stacy X. He wasn't even tempted to break his vows. If I remember correctly he didn't even have sex for a long time since what happened in the Draco. I think Zen was the first time he had sex since forever. I am not Christian or religious but I respected Kurt for that. That he took his vows seriously and wasn't like "Oh, I'll just become a priest and have a little noogie on the side no big deal." He followed through.
    I think you’re right it did stick for a while and it does show how committed Kurt is to something that matters to him and I admire that. I’m pretty sure he has had sex since the vows and before Zsen but as you said it’s been far a few between. So far a few between that I’ve seen some readers who jumped on after the Draco describe Kurt as sexless.

While I wasn’t keen on how Zsen and Kurt hooked up I did like how they parted. I thought they’re was a hint of a nice little friendship (with benefits) developing. I like the side of Kurt who is more sexually active and would like to see his character becoming more comfortable with having romantic relationships again. The Draco is long past and his new thing almost encourages freedom to explore and experience life.

(I’m not calling it a religion, even though again, many articles cite it as such).