Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

While i love the energ of the original artist i have to say To art is great on this and really keeps the same energy but has a much smoother style. the compliment each other well as fill ins if that is what is happening. Issue 12 was really fun and loved the designs too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Here is the latest preview for Shang-Chi #12:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/06/ma...-shang-chi-12/

Shang-Chi is beginning to use the Ten Rings. I'm a little cautious with this issue. The synergy between the movie and the comics may be a little too one-sided. I wouldn't want the movie to completely dictate the direction of the comic.

But wow, it's pretty cool to see those rings in action.
    I'm going to have to seek out this comic, but from what you have showed us I haven't seen synergy this lopsided since Guardians Of The Galaxy's Peter Quill
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    While i love the energ of the original artist i have to say To art is great on this and really keeps the same energy but has a much smoother style. the compliment each other well as fill ins if that is what is happening. Issue 12 was really fun and loved the designs too.
    Marcus To's style certainly is smoother than Dike Ruan's, I'll say that. I wouldn't say it's as dynamic or detailed, but I put To's work in the same category as Ron Lim's. It's not too hyper realistic or stylized, but it captures fight scenes fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm going to have to seek out this comic, but from what you have showed us I haven't seen synergy this lopsided since Guardians Of The Galaxy's Peter Quill
    Ha, well, the Ten Rings has bled over into the comics yes. But, I wouldn't say it's overly lopsided. Shang is leading The Five Weapons Society in the comics and doesn't have a whip smart, "maybe/maybe not is a girlfriend" sidekick. Sister Dagger fulfills some of that, and definitely doesn't fill out the rest. I think there is still enough which keeps comic Shang-Chi different from movie Shang-Chi.

In other news, did anyone else check out Marvel Voices: Identity?

The Shang-Chi stories were cool. Indeed, I didn't realize how poignant they could be, especially the one with him and Jimmy Woo. Their story touched upon many themes, such as the dichotomy between Chinese and Chinese-Americans, about thinking about the group vs. individuality. Honestly, I paused when I read those moments as they reminded me that the struggles and attitudes of many of those in the Asian diaspora, like the United States, is different from those in Asia.

Certainly makes one think. Check it out if you haven't.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I hope Leiko shows up in the movies at some point...

Solicit information for Shang-Chi and The Ten Rings #2 which comes out in August:

SHANG-CHI AND THE TEN RINGS #2
    GENE LUEN YANG (W) • MARCUS TO (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant cover by Betsy Cola
    THE HUNT IS ON!
    Now that the Ten Rings have become public knowledge, every villain in the Marvel Universe is coming for Shang-Chi! Not great timing then for old flame, Leiko Wu, to show up with a mission to save their old spy friend, Clive Reston. Can Shang-Chi save his friend while protecting the Ten Rings at the same time? The epic new era of Shang-Chi continues!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    For those who have been clamoring for Shang to return to his spy roots, it looks as though Clive Reston is coming back. The cover looks pretty cool. I'm seeing Hydra agents and I think some of Mr. Negative's Inner Demons. All of which should work. However, that sense of danger and threat, I'm not feeling it here. Yes, every villain is gunning for Shang-Chi, but is he really facing the odds? Personally, I feel that if there were a more realistic and grittier artist, a Michael Lark or David Aja, we would get that. If Crossbones, Zaran, Razor Fist, Mr. X, Bullseye, Zodiac, and every other tough guy, assassin, and maniac were on the cover chomping at the bit to rip into Shang-Chi, then I'd think the odds were stacked against him.

Okay, I'll hold full judgement for when the issues comes out.
    "I am a man of peace."

Nice trailer. I'm feeling it. The sense of wave after wave of enemies after Shang is there.
    "I am a man of peace."

Slight observation. If you look at the cover, Shang Chi's name in Chinese is now "尚氣." This is more in line with the translation from the recent movie and is different than the original Chinese version of "上氣."
    "I am a man of peace."

Nice trailer. I'm feeling it. The sense of wave after wave of enemies after Shang is there.
    Poor Shang trying to have a dating life...

Hi all. Here is the September preview for Shang-Chi:

SHANG-CHI AND THE TEN RINGS #3
    GENE LUEN YANG (W) • MARCUS TO (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant cover by ROMY JONES
    Miracleman Variant Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    Shang-Chi has lost the Ten Rings! But who stole them? The answer will shock Shang-Chi, as the Rings' unknown power is about to be unleashed!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Looks cool, but the cover is giving me Iron Fist vibes:

Makes me reiterate the fact that I want to see a Ten Rings Shang-Chi take on a fully charged, fully skilled Danny Rand Iron Fist.
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Hi all. Here is the September preview for Shang-Chi:

Looks cool, but the cover is giving me Iron Fist vibes:

Makes me reiterate the fact that I want to see a Ten Rings Shang-Chi take on a fully charged, fully skilled Danny Rand Iron Fist.
    The way Danny was written, Shang has been fairly even with him even with the Iron Fist. I personally thought that did not make a lot of sense with how the Chi of Shou-Lao increases Danny's speed, strength and stamina. And with the Fraction/Brubaker series, I thought it moved Danny solidly out of the street level hero power level. But since Danny is no longer Fist, he and Shang can have some cool sparring sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The way Danny was written, Shang has been fairly even with him even with the Iron Fist. I personally thought that did not make a lot of sense with how the Chi of Shou-Lao increases Danny's speed, strength and stamina. And with the Fraction/Brubaker series, I thought it moved Danny solidly out of the street level hero power level. But since Danny is no longer Fist, he and Shang can have some cool sparring sessions.
    I feel that Shang never encountered the fully amped up Iron Fist. Me, being a huge Shang-Chi fan, readily admits that Shang wouldn't be able to take punches that obliterate maglev trains or SHIELD helicarriers. Skill wise though, I felt that Shang just had a slight advantage to Danny. It would be cool to see them cross paths now.

But powers though? Shang and Danny going a little DBZ in a fight? Hints of that were seen in the Secret Wars: Master of Kung Fu limited series:

Seeing Shang-Chi and his Ten Rings take on Danny and the Iron Fist would be amazing.
    "I am a man of peace."

Random Shang-Chi thought for the day.

So I was reading X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 today:

And yes, it was a great story, filled with intrigue and politics and set up for the upcoming Avengers/X-Men/Eternals crossover and what have you. But seriously............ Shang-Chi isn't invited? The leader of the Five Weapons Society is just so casually brushed aside? Alright, I know, Shang isn't that much of a main player in the Marvel Universe. Not this year anyway. Hopefully he'll make it next year. Would love to see his Hellfire Gala look!
    "I am a man of peace."

Random Shang-Chi thought for the day.

So I was reading X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 today:

And yes, it was a great story, filled with intrigue and politics and set up for the upcoming Avengers/X-Men/Eternals crossover and what have you. But seriously............ Shang-Chi isn't invited? The leader of the Five Weapons Society is just so casually brushed aside? Alright, I know, Shang isn't that much of a main player in the Marvel Universe. Not this year anyway. Hopefully he'll make it next year. Would love to see his Hellfire Gala look!
    Guess they could only fit in so many characters...even with Shang's MCU push.

A possible prequel about the 10 rings in animated serie:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/co...mated-prequel/

"In early July, Marvel Studios put out a casting call for a Mandarin-speaking actress to portray a character codenamed “Jin” for an untitled animated project. The synopsis for the project sets up the project as one in which “a secret society of humanoid aliens living on earth dispatches a team of spies across the world to collect a series of missing artifacts that threaten to influence mankind…"

"The animated series, much like the comics and Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, clearly takes place, at least in part, in China. “Jin” is described as a “Chinese warrior” and “perhaps the best trained martial artist in the world.” Her story begins, it seems, when another character named “Bosco” steals one of the series’ MacGuffin artifacts."

Jin? Short for Tem Borjigin, perhaps?