Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What is the best part of Peter David's Hulk run?

There are 4 omnibus and with my budget I can only get one for now. Which volume of the 4 would you say is the best for those who have read them? Thank you.

Joe Fixit part of the Peter David's run was the one I enjoy the most. That is in the Omnibus Volume 1, I believe

The majority won't agree, but I still love when Dale Keown came aboard & helped launched the title to the next level (XD)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-23-2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Ultimate Member

Future Imperfect, Hulk pathos doesn't get much better than that

I'll go with the Ground Zero saga, early on the run, by David and Todd McFarlane. It was really great, and got me, who was at most an occasional reader and not an avid Hulk fan, to stick around for the whole run.

Peace

Loved the 90s smart hulk era. Smarts of bruce, strength of green hulk, temper of grey hulk.

Why wasn't the endgame hulk that version?

As for grey hulk the fall of the mutants wolverine crossover is still a classic and the spikey thing vs hulk crossover was brutal.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Future Imperfect, Hulk pathos doesn't get much better than that
    Most definitely, Future Imperfect was awesome. Did you ever read the prequel Peter David set up in his first Captain Marvel run?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Most definitely, Future Imperfect was awesome. Did you ever read the prequel Peter David set up in his first Captain Marvel run?
    LOL! If you're referring to the PAD-written "Time Flies", then that was a truly memorable romp (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-23-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! If you're referring to the PAD-written "Time Flies", then that was a truly memorable romp (IMHO):

Yup! Time Flies was so good! Especially this part! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Long Enough.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

The issues drawn by Dale Keown and Gary Frank. Incredible Hulk #377 is the best issue of Hulk ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yup! Time Flies was so good! Especially this part! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Long Enough.jpg
    Thank you, CaptainUniverse! It is greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thank you, CaptainUniverse! It is greatly appreciated!!

I love that he just summarizes Hulk: Future Imperfect in a single word bubble. "Oh! Don't need to buy it, Genis-Vell just spoiled the ending!" I still bought it when the trade came out that had Hulk: The End packaged with it though.

Pantheon; wish they were still around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Pantheon; wish they were still around.
    Yeah, they were pretty awesome in an era of developed cast. Shame that their freakin' base has popped up more than them.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

There are really only two periods of The Hulk which've appealed to me enough through the years to hang on to'm, one was Herb Trimpe's stretch way back when, and Peter David/Dale Keown's Joe Fixit.
    Best Damn Hulks there is.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet