Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess they could only fit in so many characters...even with Shang's MCU push.
    Understood bro. And totally understood. I'll be the first one to tell you that Shang-Chi isn't quite a top tier player in the Marvel Universe right now. He still needs to develop himself. And I still think he left on somewhat bad terms during his last encounters with Iron Man and Captain America. There would have been awkwardness (well even MORE awkwardness) at the Hellfire Gala if Shang appeared.

Still, I would have liked to have seen Shang's Hellfire Gala look. Maybe he could have gone daper in the same vein as Steve Rodgers or perhaps worn a blend of traditional and modern styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    A possible prequel about the 10 rings in animated serie:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/co...mated-prequel/

"In early July, Marvel Studios put out a casting call for a Mandarin-speaking actress to portray a character codenamed “Jin” for an untitled animated project. The synopsis for the project sets up the project as one in which “a secret society of humanoid aliens living on earth dispatches a team of spies across the world to collect a series of missing artifacts that threaten to influence mankind…"

"The animated series, much like the comics and Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, clearly takes place, at least in part, in China. “Jin” is described as a “Chinese warrior” and “perhaps the best trained martial artist in the world.” Her story begins, it seems, when another character named “Bosco” steals one of the series’ MacGuffin artifacts."
    Maybe she's an ancestor of Zheng Zu? Maybe a rival?
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Hi all. Just some preview images from Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings #1 coming next Wednesday (7/20):

"I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Just some preview images from Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings #1 coming next Wednesday (7/20):

It's so odd for me to see Shang utilize mystical abilities. It will take me some getting use to.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    It's so odd for me to see Shang utilize mystical abilities. It will take me some getting use to.
    I like the story potential I see here. Shang tries not to use the rings, but he'll have to. My only complaint is that Yang is telling the reader this when it's apparent Shang is struggling.
    "I am a man of peace."

Hi all. Just wanted to know your thoughts on Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings #1. This felt good. I really felt this sense of desperation in this issue. Shang does not want to go into the temptation of the Ten Rings, but his enemies offer him no choice. Not only are they willing to hurt him, but they are willing to hurt each other for the rings. And that's a breaking point for Shang.

Really enjoyed the art for this issue. I've made complaints in the past about a lack of martial arts in the Shang-Chi title. This issue definitely solves that. There were tons of fighting in this issue and the reader gets to witness how good of a fighter Shang can be. He tosses himself into hordes of henchmen and bad guys and through Kung Fu skills, he makes his stand.

Loved the scene with him on the date. I think Shang's old character's redesign could be a bit better though. It was a little too 90s for me.

Anyway, liked this issue. Looking forward to what happens next.
    "I am a man of peace."

Hi all. Just wanted to know your thoughts on Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings #1. This felt good. I really felt this sense of desperation in this issue. Shang does not want to go into the temptation of the Ten Rings, but his enemies offer him no choice. Not only are they willing to hurt him, but they are willing to hurt each other for the rings. And that's a breaking point for Shang.

Really enjoyed the art for this issue. I've made complaints in the past about a lack of martial arts in the Shang-Chi title. This issue definitely solves that. There were tons of fighting in this issue and the reader gets to witness how good of a fighter Shang can be. He tosses himself into hordes of henchmen and bad guys and through Kung Fu skills, he makes his stand.

Loved the scene with him on the date. I think Shang's old character's redesign could be a bit better though. It was a little too 90s for me.

Anyway, liked this issue. Looking forward to what happens next.
    Glad to hear it .

Reread the issue again. Some details I missed from before were Shang-Chi's thoughts concerning his father. He's starting to realize that maybe it wasn't his father who was evil. Maybe it was the circumstances around him. Maye Shang is confronting the same circumstances.

Also here is the solicit information for Shang-Chi and The Ten Rings #4 in October:

SHANG-CHI AND THE TEN RINGS #4
    GENE LUEN YANG (W) • MARCUS TO (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA • GAMES VARIANT COVER BY NETEASE
    THE GAME OF RINGS STARTS HERE!
    Shang-Chi must compete in a martial arts tournament against some of his deadliest foes. The winning prize? The Ten Rings! But who has staged this contest? And does Shang-Chi truly want to win?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Hmm, the redesigns for some of the characters look okay. I wonder who is the character with the glowing red eyes?
    "I am a man of peace."

Shang chi and the ten rings was a really good first issue. I like that he tried to return the rings and they are actually having him be introspective about the situation and what they can do to his mentality. To was firing on all cylinders and those were some of the best action sequences I have seen in a while. I think the colorist needs a tad more variety in skin tones but a solid 9.5 out of 10. Looking forward to the next issue.

Screenshot_20220724-092458.jpg
    One of my fave pages.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Shang chi and the ten rings was a really good first issue. I like that he tried to return the rings and they are actually having him be introspective about the situation and what they can do to his mentality. To was firing on all cylinders and those were some of the best action sequences I have seen in a while. I think the colorist needs a tad more variety in skin tones but a solid 9.5 out of 10. Looking forward to the next issue.

Screenshot_20220724-092458.jpg
    One of my fave pages.
    Agreed, I like this introspection. Marcus To always delivers solid, dynamic art. Indeed, looking at the page again, I'm starting to like how these rings are becoming part of the Shang-Chi mythos. I've said in the past that Shang-Chi needs an extra something to his character, like a weapon. The features of the rings are appealing. There's this fluidity and flow to them. They're organic in a way and look to be natural extensions of Shang-Chi.

Maybe they could be a more permanent aspect of Shang-Chi? We'll see.
    "I am a man of peace."

Wow, Shang-Chi part of a team against the Marvel Zombies? Not something you see everyday.
    "I am a man of peace."

Wow, Shang-Chi part of a team against the Marvel Zombies? Not something you see everyday.
    And a robot hand, it looks like.

I hope he uses some actual hand-to-hand and doesn't just default to throwing the 10 Rings at everything.

Hey cool to read that Destin Daniel Cretton will direct "Avengers: Kang Dynasty":

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ve-1235186348/

From Shang-Chi to this. Nice! Hopefully that means that Shang will get a big role in the film!
    "I am a man of peace."

We've talked about this before, but Simu Liu confirms that he had some type of training before heading into his Shang-Chi audition. He wanted to be known more as an actor than as a martial artist, just to get away from stereotypes. I say that was a very good call:

"I am a man of peace."

We've talked about this before, but Simu Liu confirms that he had some type of training before heading into his Shang-Chi audition. He wanted to be known more as an actor than as a martial artist, just to get away from stereotypes. I say that was a very good call:

I hope having the 10 Rings won't downplay Shang's future hand-to-hand/martial arts prowess in future outings.

I want the Master of Kung Fu not the Master of rings.

Check out the 90s "X-Treme" variant cover for Shang-Chi:

Damn, I'm liking this look. The jacket, the headbands, the Gambit head cowl, this is something I could get behind.
    "I am a man of peace."