Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Online handbooks don't need ok to talk about them. Dr who and transformers are in deaths heads profile, Transformers in circuit breaker, alf in high evolutionary, rom and micronauts in others. 2001 in machine man, red Sonja in conans. And this were online or published in books.

No reason to remove his name from a reference profile online if no picture is there even if they don't have the ip.

All-New Member The Shuruku Demon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Reread the issue again. Some details I missed from before were Shang-Chi's thoughts concerning his father. He's starting to realize that maybe it wasn't his father who was evil. Maybe it was the circumstances around him. Maye Shang is confronting the same circumstances.

Also here is the solicit information for Shang-Chi and The Ten Rings #4 in October:

Hmm, the redesigns for some of the characters look okay. I wonder who is the character with the glowing red eyes?
    I think it's Ghostmaker. Dike Ruan's rendition of him closely resembles his depiction in Daredevil Annual #10 (1994), as shown here.

I'm looking forward to this issue in particular, as the solicit indicates that Shang and these other characters will be competing in a martial arts tournament, and I enjoy seeing him fight other high level martial artists.

I'd really like to see him go up against some established martial artists he hasn't fought yet, such as Taskmaster, Batroc, Bullseye, etc. A fight with Taskmaster would be especially interesting, given that he can already duplicate some of Shang's moves, and would presumably learn to duplicate more as a fight between them progressed. I wonder how Shang would respond to that.

In the meantime, though, a possible rematch with Shen Kuei also intrigues me. Shen is one of his most skilled rivals, but I don't believe they've fought since the early '80s, so it'd be interesting to see how they match up nowadays.

Hi all. Some thoughts:

- Just reread issue #2. Again, I'm loving how the story is shaping up. Shang-Chi is now in conflict with Leiko Wu and MI-6. It's a brilliant move. We would expect the Five Weapons Society coming into conflict with the Hand and Lang almost made the reader think that way. But this new conflict opens up even better story potential.

Really looking forward to the series now.

- Can you believe it? It's been one year since the premiere of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings! Now, is it the perfect Shang-Chi movie? Eh, no. BUT it is a high quality Marvel film. It made me cry at least four times. Plus it resonates well. I showed it to my students in June and they loved it!

Shang is slowly building that fanbase in Marvel.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Attempted to delete this post (a near-duplicate of my previous post), but I don't see a delete option, so, eh...
    Last edited by The Shuruku Demon; 10-03-2022 at 02:50 AM.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm starting to read Masters of Kung-Fu and one thing that really just stands out to me is the dynamism and choreography of the fights.

It really feels like something you just don't see a lot in comics any more.

And Sandra...just, Sandra .

So they have a pixie agent who keeps stuff in her boobs? Okay .

Ha, lots of parts of this preview made me smile. Shang showing "mercy" to Velcro is something I've been thinking about for years. Shang is very thoughtful in his fighting. He also holds back. A lot. That doesn't make him any less effective.

Plus, love the shout out to MI-13. Loved that series.

Looking forward to this issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

I've finally gotten to the part of MoKF where Leiko first shows up, and man they would probably never introduce a character like this again .

This was great. I am loving to art. He is just so damn good at these action scenes. I loves Shang having his Arthur and the stone moment and hope the rings become a permanent fixture in his arsenal. I also love how the book feels like it's connecting the MU with mention of merlin and inference to otherworld. This was a fun read and beautifully drawn. I like Tink.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they have a pixie agent who keeps stuff in her boobs? Okay .
    Nice to see Tink again! She's appeared as an MI-13 agent before in the WISDOM miniseries and early issues of CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI-13, but we haven't seen her in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Nice to see Tink again! She's appeared as an MI-13 agent before in the WISDOM miniseries and early issues of CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI-13, but we haven't seen her in quite some time.
    Is it M.I. 13 or is it MI thirteen. My brain kept reading it as Mi 6 or Mi 13 and i kept wondering "am i reading this right?" is it M.I. or is it Mi?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Great to see that continuity as well as growth. MI-6 factors very much into Shang-Chi's life and MI-13 is related to MI-6. So it stands to reason that MI-13 would touch upon Shang-Chi.

As for me, I liked the issue. Art was dynamic and clear, the martial arts was on point, and the storytelling was solid. In the midst of extradimensional possessing parasites, Shang showed remarkable cool and skill. Lang continues to expand on the powers of the rings. That teleportation punch a la The Spot was innovative and creative. I'm definitely hoping that Shang keeps these rings quite frankly.

I'm liking this tension between Shang and MI-6. He still considers Reston, Tarr, and Leiko friends even though they have forgotten that. That cuts pretty deep. And that is a wise Shang quote indeed.

Who are these two beings? Brothers of some sort? Hmmm.

My only gripe was the extradimensional Wyrm thing. It was a little too trypophobia for me. Ugh.

All in all, the series continues to be a steady and solid read each month. Looking forward to the tournament arc soon.
    "I am a man of peace."

Judging by the solicits for Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings #4-6, it looks as though the martial arts tournament will take place across all three issues, which is a good thing, as I don't think you could do a tournament like that justice in a single issue. A rematch with Shen Kuei in particular (if that happens) should be presented as a pretty big deal, not something to breeze past in a page or two. I'm looking forward to seeing how Yang will portray the character.

I'm hoping Shang doesn't keep the rings long term, though; at least, not as part of his standard gear. I wouldn't mind it if they were a weapon of last resort he could call upon in dire circumstances, like Wonder Woman and the Gauntlet of Atlas or Dr. Strange and the Wand of Watoomb. But Shang-Chi in his basic form is the purest martial artist in the Marvel Universe, and having him carry those rings around as standard would fundamentally dilute that.