Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Did someone say...tournament arc ?

Great to see all of the Shang-Chi characters back. Been a while since we've seen most of them. Furthermore, there are Yuen's new characters as well.

Still, if this is a tournament arc, there should be a bit more build up. The best kinds of tournament arcs are multi-issued which allows more exploration of these characters. From the solicits, I think this story might end with issues #6. Furthermore, I wish more Marvel martial artists were in this. Batroc, Mr. X, Lady Bullseye, Crossbones, Taskmaster, you get the tough guys, psychos, and mercenaries in there, than that's more of a challenge for Shang. Plus, the whole Wyrm thing is triggering me. Ugh.

However, we're easing back into Shang-Chi's universe here. I get that. And if that's the case, I'm all for it and looking forward to it.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

All-New Member The Shuruku Demon's Avatar

It does seem a bit contrived that almost every character selected for the tournament seems to be someone who debuted in the original Master of Kung Fu series, with the exception of Lady Iron Fan and Red Cannon, who debuted in more recent Shang-Chi comics. I wonder if an in-story explanation will be provided for that.

So looks like Shang-Chi is getting another relaunch in January. I guess sales aren't good that we are getting so many #1.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So looks like Shang-Chi is getting another relaunch in January. I guess sales aren't good that we are getting so many #1.
    At the same time they keep relaunching it, so I guess that means it's somewhat successful or Marvel is just that committed to Shang-Chi.

Astonishing Member

I don't think the January issue is a relaunch -- the solicit describes it as a one-shot, and the conclusion to the current creative team's run.

I hope it ends things well .

Did MOKF return to Marvel Unlimited? I have also seen a new description for MOKF Epic Collection Vol 3 but still no solicitation.

Issue four was okay. This issue felt immediately repetitive with the rings once again being taken even though the means to get them back this time is different. Art is superb but feels kind of cliche so hoping this arc is over quickly.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Issue four was okay. This issue felt immediately repetitive with the rings once again being taken even though the means to get them back this time is different. Art is superb but feels kind of cliche so hoping this arc is over quickly.
    I like the premise. All of these figures from Shang-Chi's past coming together for the rings is an interesting idea. The homage to Game of Death, with the pagoda and the different levels, is a nice touch. I like this partnership between Shang-Chi and the Cat. Plus, each character getting a ring allows for interesting match up's without anyone becoming overpowered.

Still, I feel that there should have been more build up, at least in terms of Shang's rogues. Shen Kuei seems to be the only one with a strong presence. Most of the other characters seem to be average. The best tournament arcs are when there is a strong sense of character from the characters. Still, I'm excited to see where this goes.
    "I am a man of peace."

Poor Leiko...

Been busy but just wanted to chime in. This week's issue looks fun. I appreciate how the issue highlights Shang's chi abilities. Again, the use of the pagoda is very much in the vein of Game of Death.

However, I wish that there could have been more time devoted to the villains. Yes, it looks as though the Cat will be getting some development, but I was hoping the same could be said of the others. It would be cool to see Zaran or Razor Fist become a bit more blood thirsty, a bit grittier. This would serve to highlight the differences between them and a peaceful, centered Shang-Chi.

However, I'm still liking this.
    "I am a man of peace."

Hey so can any of y’all recommend any runs? Trying to get into this character since I liked the movie a lot.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"