Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Illyana getting designed by Dauterman, and being featured on the cover, and inevitably getting a showcase cover like the previous Dauterman gala covers, has me believing she'll be important. Maybe even up for election??
    I highly doubt she'll be in the election. She has very different goals now, coming up with a better education system than Xavier's usual training child soldiers schtick and integrating magic into Krakoan society in a way that makes people more connected than human societies are capable of. And that's on top of her duties as a captain and teacher at Strange Academy. It wouldn't make sense for her to want to be on the X-Men at this point. The only way I see her moving to a different team is if Marvel plans on cancelling New Mutants. It would be nice to see her having a bigger role at the gala since last year she was stuck dealing with a no-name wannabe artist. The fact that this is coming out in the middle of the Labors of Magik storyline might mean they want some synergy between the stories. And who knows, maybe Labors is how they are leading into finally giving Illyana her own book.

Even though I am not a huge fan of the Hellfire Gala concept & the associated "fashions"...I am AWLAYS a fan of Illyana being featured!

Extraordinary Member

Judgement Day trailer. I wouldn't get my hopes up that Illyana will have a big role, but it's pretty amusing the one new image is another image of her fighting alongside Scott and Jean. In this era they seem to like paring Illyana with those 2, I guess it's more a matter that both Jean and Illyana are close with Scott in different ways and so will tend to be near him during battle.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Judgement Day trailer. I wouldn't get my hopes up that Illyana will have a big role, but it's pretty amusing the one new image is another image of her fighting alongside Scott and Jean. In this era they seem to like paring Illyana with those 2, I guess it's more a matter that both Jean and Illyana are close with Scott in different ways and so will tend to be near him during battle.

That looks real cool. I am excited about it. I have been an Eternals fan boy for a long time, but with most cool, mysterious Marvel concepts that lasted for years, Aaron ruined it for his plot devices.

That said, Illyana may not have a big deal to do with it, but KG digs her, so maybe a few panels or pages of her helping the X-Men teleport into or out of fights. Maybe she will then join the Avengers, and Aaron can have her kill off Colossus, so she can get with Kate with no drama.

/s

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely love a Darkchylde reference and while I get what Dauterman was going for...we saw this look before in the original Inferno, in full red.
    Magik-Darkchylde Inferno.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So, this is what Illyana will be wearing to this year's Hellfire Gala.

I really don't like this gala outfit. There was a subtle beauty to to the way the flowing fabric represented horns without actually being horns last year. This is far too in your face with it's demonic horns and tail, absurd spikyness, and whatever the heck they've done to her face.
    So I like the Bachalo design a lot and I realize that it has become iconic for her character, but I'm not a fan of how it has made "blacker than the blackest night!!" become the theme for Illyana.

(Her hip spike looking like a demonic erection is novel at least)
    Last edited by Aetherna; 03-18-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    So I like the Bachalo design a lot and I realize that it has become iconic for her character, but I'm not a fan of how it has made "blacker than the blackest night!!" become the theme for Illyana.

(Her hip spike looking like a demonic erection is novel at least)
    Frankly,I find the whole design thing has become rather tiresome, it's not just not cutesy anymore.

Incredible Member

Mighty Member

So it's actually two stories running concurrently.

The current one and a retconned in expansion of Illyana's time during MAGIK.

Gotta wonder who that woman is.

Doesn't look like Storm and Cat wouldn't walk with that much sultriness in her step.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    So it's actually two stories running concurrently.

The current one and a retconned in expansion of Illyana's time during MAGIK.

Gotta wonder who that woman is.

Doesn't look like Storm and Cat wouldn't walk with that much sultriness in her step.
    With the earlier years of Illyana's time in Limbo being incorporated, I'm even more eager to read this.
    I'm not alone in my confusion about Maddie's inclusion am I? The change in thronership seems like its copacetic?
    Maybe Maddie's bait and switching? Playing nice? Taking advantage of Illyana's attempted kindness? Or maybe its Limbo itself that will corrupt Maddie? Making this into an actual grudge match over who takes the crown?

I guess there isn't much point in speculating. When is this finally being released??

And if she's Maddie back in the illyana past (in limbo is possible) for knowledge to villain that fight illyana? Those heels seems her

So random thought...

Illyana has been alive & active going on 14 years...almost as long as the duration of her death of 15 years (1993-2008).

Time is weird!

Spectacular Member

New Mutant 28 cover by Leinil Francis Yu:

I love how Yu draws two women wearing the most absurd comic-booky costumes without making it look extremely sexual.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like Ayala is going to explain Illyana's head thingies. We already know that Illyana secretly read as many of Belasco's spellbooks as she could, though the idea of her reading a storybook in secret is very new. And it looks like that preview image was not Illyana turned into some creature but the inspiration for part of her current costume, though not the revealing parts. It still was a bad idea to lead with that image and no context in the Destiny of X trailer, but at least now there is context.

IMG_20220328_155516.jpg
    Anya is real the perfect Magik! I can see every vibes to Yana in her. This was a perfect outfit for hellfire gala for sure