Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I LOVED Illyana's look in the movie! The long hair, bangs, even voice and Russian accent was so spot-on! I really loved when Illy powered up with her eyes, armor and sword.

I agree with what yo said with Rahne. I wanted to see more of a hybrid look too.
    It’s so sad the movie was a total flop and we might not see Anya as Illyana again.

Extraordinary Member

It looks like the sales bump New Mutants got for the start of The Labors of Magik was not a 1-off. Issue 24 was the 50th best-selling comic of February, issue 25 rose to 40th place in May, and issue 27 was the 39th best-selling comic of July. There seems to be some shenanigans going on with the numbers for June though, because somehow issue 26 dropped all the way down to 76th place. That always seemed suspect to me, since there was no way issue 26 sold so much less than issue 24 after issue 25 was such a success and everyone wanted to see what would happen after Illyana's soul sword broke. I think we can definitively say now there was some sort of mistake the counting of issue 26. It's a real shame we don't get hard numbers anymore. From how the rankings correlated with hard numbers before the hard numbers stopped altogether I think New Mutants sales have increased from around 30,000 (issue 24 was a little less) to around 40,000 for each issue of The Labors of Magik.

Mighty Member

I wonder if it's the arc or delays or the tpb that's caused the bump.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I wonder if it's the arc or delays or the tpb that's caused the bump.
    Why would a delay or a trade that's not going to release until November cause an increase in sales? The measurement is for physical sales of the individual comic issues, nothing else, and the delays only harmed the sales. The only reasons a book like this would see a sales increase is because of increased interest in the story being told and because speculators buy up certain variant covers. Both explanations probably apply to in this case. In theory a company that knows what it's doing can use a delay as an opportunity to push a book's marketing to increase reader interest, but Marvel did not do that, and even if they had, if more people are buying issues 25, 26, and 27 than bought issues 22, 23, and 24, that's largely because more people are interested in the story being told now than were interested in the previous story. If delays by themselves could cause an increase in sales the New Mutants movie would have made more money than Avengers Endgame.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Why would a delay or a trade that's not going to release until November cause an increase in sales? The measurement is for physical sales of the individual comic issues, nothing else, and the delays only harmed the sales. The only reasons a book like this would see a sales increase is because of increased interest in the story being told and because speculators buy up certain variant covers. Both explanations probably apply to in this case. In theory a company that knows what it's doing can use a delay as an opportunity to push a book's marketing to increase reader interest, but Marvel did not do that, and even if they had, if more people are buying issues 25, 26, and 27 than bought issues 22, 23, and 24, that's largely because more people are interested in the story being told now than were interested in the previous story. If delays by themselves could cause an increase in sales the New Mutants movie would have made more money than Avengers Endgame.
    i'm not talking about the upcoming tpb.

I'm talking about the ones that were released prior to this run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    No,it wouldn't bcause New Mutants The Movie still would have been God-Awful-Crap. That's what killed it.

Extraordinary Member

i'm not talking about the upcoming tpb.

I'm talking about the ones that were released prior to this run.
    That still makes no sense. For one, the sales of the last New Mutants trade were so low that it didn't make the top 100 best-selling graphic novels the month it came out. There's no cohort of new readers who started specifically with the Vita trades and then started buying the next issue to come out after that, and there's no cohort of trade-waiters who were so impressed with the end of the Shadow King arc that they stopped trade-waiting for the following three issues. Every book gets collected in trades nowadays and you never hear of sales of news issues suddenly rising 30% because of these trades. Sales are up for this arc because there is more interest in this story than there was in the previous story.

Still LOVING the new costume!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Still LOVING the new costume!
    I dunno, the new suit is starting to look like a standard modernized X-training outfit with Magik's "individualized modifications" being a bare midriff and diamond shaped boob cut-out...and then the golden armor.
    A little disappointing in one way since it puts her look FINALLY in line with her New Mutant team peers...but she's been elected to the X-MEN public hero team.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

The upper chest cutout seems wrong and goes against Reis' stated objections to the boob window. The saving grace it that it's too high to be a boob window.

The fact that she's wearing proper pants, has so much armor, and that the armor is gold instead of all black still makes this costume a huge improvement over the Bachalo monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That's beautiful!
    Spidey's meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

It's her black outfit in yellow.

I don't know why folks are treating it so substantially different. Hell, its got less armor cause only one of her legs is armored instead of both now.

It's her black outfit in yellow.

I don't know why folks are treating it so substantially different. Hell, its got less armor cause only one of her legs is armored instead of both now.
    If you're making the comparison between the impending Gold armor and the previous black Bachalo design, the new look has more armor.

The black gettup had tall chunky bookts and kneepads over thigh high leggings and then hot pants.
    The yellow/gold number has asymmetrical armor coverage of one leg and one arm.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If you're making the comparison between the impending Gold armor and the previous black Bachalo design, the new look has more armor.

The black gettup had tall chunky bookts and kneepads over thigh high leggings and then hot pants.
    The yellow/gold number has asymmetrical armor coverage of one leg and one arm.
    It varied depending on who drew it, but those leggings absolutely were grieves at one point.