Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

The Labors of Magik('s fanbase waiting for her story to be released).

Art by Suspiria Vilchez:

Extraordinary Member

What kind of story would people like to see next for Illyana? Be as vague or specific as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What kind of story would people like to see next for Illyana? Be as vague or specific as you want.
    I would love for them to fully establish her view on love and or carnal relationships. Is she still a virgin? She shown sexual attraction way back during Claremont's run, but was that an act? Does she have sexuality - be it straight, gay, bi, asexual?

And I would like to see her teach magic to kids with Forge (who is supposed to be a powerful shaman). Maybe Selene could create a ravel cult.

Whe she was teen flirts with boy so I don't see why be gay only for the love sisterhood that she have... I love if she found a man for her and discover a Magik in love

Extraordinary Member

Her sexuality isn't interesting to me. In theory I'd like to see a story where she confronts her insecurities regarding being in a relationship and how she doesn't feel worthy or trust herself in that regard, but I don't trust any writer to do that right.

In terms of how I'd like to see it done, it would be through Kitty playing the role Illyana played for Karma in the Voices issue, the wingman whose there to give Illyana the push she needs and tell her she deserves a chance at happiness.

In my view Illyana is pansexual but leans more towards guys, and her sex drive is actually much stronger than the average woman because of her animalistic side, and this is another factor that keeps her from pursuing a relationship because it adds to her fear of hurting whoever she'd be in a relationship with.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I always viewed Yana as asexual. It always felt to me that when she was doing a 'boy crazy' thing, it was force, like how she was supposed to act.

Or she could just choose to be celibate. I don't mean to get dark, but we don't know exactly what happened to her at the hands of Belasco in Limbo.

What story I'd like for Magik? Something that shows her feeling as if she has a better balance between her two sides. We always get reminded of the "Darkchilde" in her, and yes that is a HUGE part of her, and it rightly gets the spotlight, but I'd like to see more behaviors like from her (long ago) mini-series, and times from the original New Mutants, where she reined the darker side in.

Extraordinary Member

I originally shared a new podcast about Magik here before listening to the entire thing (it's almost 2 hours) and now I regret it. Apparently Illyana turned Storm's soul into a tree and forgot everything that happened in Limbo after the X-Men rescued her until she suddenly remembered it all in the scene where she freaks at seeing the Danger Room version of Belasco in Uncanny 171. Must be another version of the Magik mini out there which made when Claremont was really high on drugs.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 04-14-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Mighty Member

Her sexuality isn't interesting to me. In theory I'd like to see a story where she confronts her insecurities regarding being in a relationship and how she doesn't feel worthy or trust herself in that regard, but I don't trust any writer to do that right.

In terms of how I'd like to see it done, it would be through Kitty playing the role Illyana played for Karma in the Voices issue, the wingman whose there to give Illyana the push she needs and tell her she deserves a chance at happiness.

In my view Illyana is pansexual but leans more towards guys, and her sex drive is actually much stronger than the average woman because of her animalistic side, and this is another factor that keeps her from pursuing a relationship because it adds to her fear of hurting whoever she'd be in a relationship with.
    Pair her with Ghost Rider. She already said she wants to make out with him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Whe she was teen flirts with boy so I don't see why be gay only for the love sisterhood that she have... I love if she found a man for her and discover a Magik in love
    I'll be okay with that story as long as the man in question is ME.

Mighty Member

Why do you think she leans towards guys?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Why do you think she leans towards guys?
    Because every person she has ever expressed any attraction to has been male. Roberto, Empath, and Sam in the 80s. More recently when she went full demonic in Empyre X-Men she wanted to make Kurt her sex slave, and her seeking to make out with Ghost Rider. There are many people who will dismiss even her thought bubbles from the 80s as an act, and the Ghost Rider one might be explained away as a joke, but the Nightcrawler one is definitely real. That was Illyana with no inhibitions looking to take whatever she wanted. The only reason I even say she's pansexual instead of straight is because I'm choosing to take her 'f- or fight' joke from the the Hickman New Mutants as more than just a joke.

Mighty Member

Because every person she has ever expressed any attraction to has been male. Roberto, Empath, and Sam in the 80s. More recently when she went full demonic in Empyre X-Men she wanted to make Kurt her sex slave, and her seeking to make out with Ghost Rider. There are many people who will dismiss even her thought bubbles from the 80s as an act, and the Ghost Rider one might be explained away as a joke, but the Nightcrawler one is definitely real. That was Illyana with no inhibitions looking to take whatever she wanted. The only reason I even say she's pansexual instead of straight is because I'm choosing to take her 'f- or fight' joke from the the Hickman New Mutants as more than just a joke.
    She had a thing for Roberto? I thought that was exclusive to the God awful movie. How much did she flirt with them?

BANNED

She told both Benjamin Deeds she would rip him in half. She told Quentin he would be like the little goat trying to hook up with a grizzly bear。. Meaning she’s rip him apart. Maybe she went Darkchilde on someone during an intimate encounter.

Ahaha... I think a complicate man Lilke Gabriel summer, maybe can dominate him

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    She had a thing for Roberto? I thought that was exclusive to the God awful movie. How much did she flirt with them?
    The movie didn't make it up out of whole cloth. Illyana flirted with most of the male members of the team in the 80s except for Warlock. Roberto was the one who she flirted with the most and the only one who she had thought bubbles and thought boxes about her attraction to him. For his part he was torn between being attracted to her and being terrified of her. Unlike Rahne who either hated or loved with nothing in between, Roberto's feelings for her were more complicated. Under Claremont Illyana were very clearly being positioned as a potential couple with a mutual attraction and a large amount of sexual tension, but with Roberto's arrogance and Illyana's dark side keeping them from acting on it. I'd actually say Illyana displayed less attraction to Roberto in the movie than she did in the comics of the 80s, while Roberto's attraction to her was dialed up to 11 and his fear removed except for the one scene where he thinks she attacked him.

The main thing with Illyana and relationships is that as an abuse survivor her biggest fear is doing unto others what was done to her. And her taking a bloodstone from Pixie and manipulating her brother into becoming the Juggernaut prove it's not a baseless fear. When she was at her lowest she did behave like Belasco. She regrets it, she's grown since then, but that fear never goes away completely. And this is why I never thought she was asexual. The real reason she hasn't been a real relationship is so much more compelling.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 04-16-2022 at 11:52 AM.