Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Who would people prefer the mystery villain to be? Belasco, some form of the Darkchild, or someone new? Given what we see I'd be fine with either of the first 2 but be pretty disappointed if it's someone new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Who would people prefer the mystery villain to be? Belasco, some form of the Darkchild, or someone new? Given what we see I'd be fine with either of the first 2 but be pretty disappointed if it's someone new.
    Those are the only two that know Sym and know Magik better than Sym.

Mighty Member

Regarding the mystery villain, has Darkchild ever been drawn with human feet instead of hooves?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Regarding the mystery villain, has Darkchild ever been drawn with human feet instead of hooves?
    Yes, but not in modern times - with one exception. The hooves were a later addition to the Darkchild form that were introduced in Secret Wars 2, and after that it went back and forth on whether she had hooves or human feet for the rest of the Claremont run. The hooves have been standard since Claremont first left the New Mutants, with the only time she had human feet in recent years while taking on a demonic form is in What If Magik Became Sorcerer Supreme. In theory I could see an alternate timeline version of the Darkchild who gave in to her dark side very early on having human feet like in that What If, and that's also the only way I can really see the Darkchild being the mystery villain. It was always much more likely to be Belasco.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 05-10-2022 at 12:10 PM.

I wish that s not wichtfire

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I wish that s not wichtfire
    What we've seen doesn't fit with Witchfire at all. Witchfire never had S'ym's loyalty. He stuck with Illyana and tried to warn her about Witchfire even after Witchfire tortured him. She also cannot be said to know Illyana better than S'ym does. The only previously established villains who could get S'ym to betray Illyana and know her better than S'ym are Belasco and Darkchild.

BANNED

What we've seen doesn't fit with Witchfire at all. Witchfire never had S'ym's loyalty. He stuck with Illyana and tried to warn her about Witchfire even after Witchfire tortured him. She also cannot be said to know Illyana better than S'ym does. The only previously established villains who could get S'ym to betray Illyana and know her better than S'ym are Belasco and Darkchild.
    If it’s Darkchilde, that’s strange because I think Magik would notice her escaping. But then again we never found out what really happened to Storm and Cat’s Illyana who has escaped. Perhaps Belasco had already taken bloodstones from her and she too became the Darkchilde. That would make more sense than anything!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    They should date.
    Spidey and Wolverine?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

This week we finally see New Mutants 25. Here's hoping it'll be able to match expectations after being delayed half a year.

Astonishing Member

This week we finally see New Mutants 25. Here's hoping it'll be able to match expectations after being delayed half a year.
    Dang it really has been a long time coming lol well my expectations aren't that high I just want some good dialogue from Maddy and Ilyana.

Extraordinary Member

A posted in the preview thread, the first review is up and it's as positive as it's possible to be.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/16/ne...nts-25-review/

Some quotes:

New Mutants #25 doesn’t disappoint in how it goes about delivering that arc, especially for Magik fans –though probably not in the way you think.
    Ayala is intensely careful with how they address Magik’s past, and you can see their love for this character just brimming from every page.
    Magik gets some great beats of character development, particularly in the realm of her being a trauma survivor and just moving on from the pain of her past.
    They take Illyana’s character in such a new direction that it’s the most interesting thing to happen to her since the Krakoa era started.
    As awesome as that all sounds. it's just one review, and comic book reviews are in my experience the least reliable when compared to movie and videogame reviews. I'm excited but also nervous, and I hope there are more reviews in the next 2 days before the issue is released. If Marvel is releasing the issue to multiple reviewers early, that's a pretty good sign that they have a lot of confidence in it.

Extraordinary Member

And another sort-of review, also very positive, but a bit more spoilery.

https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/05/16/...orth-the-wait/

Extraordinary Member

And a third review, also very positive.

https://comicbookdispatch.com/new-mutants-25-review/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Spidey and Wolverine?
    Spidey and Magik.