Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    With Joe Quasada leaving Marvel and Illyana giving up Limbo it got me thinking that Marvel could use Illyana to undo One More Day now. Just have a story where at the end she's in control of Mephisto's hell and undoes many of bad faith deals he made like she offered to do for Man-Thing's deal with Belasco. They could kick her the next day, but she'd go down in history as the character who restored the Spider-marriage. It'll never happen, but it would be great if it did.
    Does Peter have any memory of his marriage? Does anyone?

I’m pretty sure Illyana won’t be the one to undo the Mephisto’s erasure of Peter’s marriage, but definitely it needs to be done.

I stopped reading Spider Man because any progress he made like becoming an Avenger, getting married, constantly got erasddd ny fan boys who become writers or editors who want to keep him 17 forever.

I think Sony and MCU should do an old man Spider Man movie. This isn’t the 70s or 80s when comics were for kids. Ageism sucks.

Extraordinary Member

Hellfire Gala 2 preview

Extraordinary Member

Russell Dauterman Hellfire Gala variant cover for New Mutants 27

Extraordinary Member

Marcus To variant cover for New Mutants 27 https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...-variant-cover

Dani: "See how they've massacred my girl."

Extraordinary Member

Taking from my analysis of the Magik mini in the first book club.

On the one hand it's a classic hero's journey, with the call to adventure, resisting the call, the wise old mentor, ect. On the other hand it's a study of abuse and trauma. The broad outline is like Luke Skywalker, with the scene where she spares Belasco being straight out of Return of the Jedi's scene of Luke sparing Vader. The specifics however are more like Anakin Skywalker. There's a reason the soul sword's original design is essentially a lightsaber.

The moment Illyana discovers the body of Colossus is the moment she becomes a true character and not just a prop for other characters. This is the first true paradigm shift, the moment all her assumptions about the world are destroyed. Her big brother, the person she thought would always be there to protect her and was invincible, could be and was killed. In his armored form no less. This is the moment the dangers of Limbo and the world as a whole become real. It's after seeing this that Illyana does something active for the first time in her publication history, gathering firewood to cook the meat of the 2-headed tiger Cat killed. This is when she learns she has to take care of herself.

Extraordinary Member

I realized something that gives me a bit more of an appreciation for Gillen's writing of Illyana. In New Mutants 9 Warlock is the one who 'objectively' proves Illyana is not quite the original with his '20' and 'pirated copy' quotes. The sentient machine makes the observation analytically. There is a symmetry in in being another sentient machine being the one who does the analysis after she gets her soul back and says 'objectively' that she is now a different person that she has her soul back, proving that she has gone from being a 'copy' to the 'real thing.' Danger wraps up what Warlock started. It doesn't change my criticism that this was a case of telling and not showing and that what little Gillen showed was the opposite with her going more crazy after getting her soul back than she had been when she was missing her soul, but I can appreciate a good 'rhyme' in a story.

Extraordinary Member

There's going to be a Midnight Suns mini-series to go along with the videogame in September, and since Illyana is in the game she'll be there. Giving off strong Savage Avengers vibes.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ic-series-2022

Extraordinary Member

And there's going to be a prequel novel to the videogame.

"Marvel's Midnight Suns: Infernal Rising is an all-new exclusive adventure that leads into the events of the game," a preview of the novel from Titan Books said. "Blade, Magik, Nico Minoru, and Ghost Rider have joined forces to form the Midnight Suns, the world's first line of defense against the demonic forces of the underworld. As a looming magical prophecy threatens apocalyptic destruction, a mysterious group called the Triumvirate seeks to uncover a powerful relic that promises the wielder power and control over Mephisto. To stop them, the Midnight Suns will have to face their biggest challenge yet."
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ma...k-titan-books/

Incredible Member

I just realized in a panel on the first page of #25, the right hand of the cloaked figure in shadows is shown.

If continuity is held fast, that means it shouldn't be Belasco.

I'd be OK with it being a future self of the current Illyana 2.0, but I'd be far more satisfied if it were Illyana 1.0, who vanished at the end of Inferno, displaced by Illyana 0.0 , the powerless escapee of the original run of Magik: Storm and Illyana, who died of Legacy

(possibly transferred to 0.0 by Illyana 1.0, like Mikael gave it to her, although that doesn't explain the blond skeleton wearing the Beatrice Medallion found by Project Purgatory)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There's going to be a Midnight Suns mini-series to go along with the videogame in September, and since Illyana is in the game she'll be there. Giving off strong Savage Avengers vibes.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ic-series-2022
    Magik front and center where she belongs!

Extraordinary Member

New Mutants 28, the finale of the Labors of Magik storyline, has been pushed back to August 10. This is just a 2-week delay. It was originally scheduled for the end of July, making it so that New Mutants would have 2 issues in July. Now it's scheduled to have 2 issues in August. Issue 29 might be their buffer issue. Since it's basically a filler issue by a different author, they could delay it if issue 30 is delayed specifically to be able to have an issue come out in September. Issue 27 is still scheduled to come out July 13, exactly 3 weeks after issue 26 this Wednesday.

That is disappointing but not mind crushing in terms of expectations as of late when it comes to release schedules.
    Wednesday cannot come soon enough. So eager to find out more about this other Yana.

Extraordinary Member

It looks to me like Marvel is better prepared now than they were when issue 25 was delayed so many times and that's why they have that buffer issue by another writer. The anniversary issue may be delayed for any number of reasons given its size and the fact that it's just Vita except for the Deadpool short story, and now they have something to fill in if it is pushed back to October. And if it does come out on time they get the benefits of double-shipping in August. Right now they look like they've learned from the mistakes of the first half of 2022.

Extraordinary Member

Twitter thread I wrote on why people should stop treating New Mutants Truth or Death as part of Illyana's history.