Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Those bangs are the sole thing saving Illyana from becoming indistinguishable blonde woman #20 in marvel. She’s one of the few characters in comics to have an iconic, instantly recognizable hairstyle.

Extraordinary Member

Illyana is the last person who should be changing hairstyles. She doesn't care about her appearance, though she knows she's drop-dead gorgeous already without trying. She doesn't know how to even put on makeup and she doesn't keep up with current fashion. If she ever had a problem with her hair, it would be that long hair can get in the way or be easier to grab like S'ym did multiple times when she was small, so she'd be cutting the back, not the front. She's not like Emma or the Wasp in changing or putting importance on appearances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Those bangs are the sole thing saving Illyana from becoming indistinguishable blonde woman #20 in marvel. She’s one of the few characters in comics to have an iconic, instantly recognizable hairstyle.
    Those blonde women look very different. No one mistakes Captain Marvel for the White Queen, or the White Queen for the Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Those blonde women look very different. No one mistakes Captain Marvel for the White Queen, or the White Queen for the Enchantress.
    Because of their outfits. From the neck up they might as well be triplets.

Incredible Member

Satyrnine. Invisible Woman. Gwen Stacy.

The bangs are part of illyana mutation, just like Kurt blue tail or lorna green hair, there is no getting rid of them
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Logan has not changed his hair in what, sixty years? The bangs are part of her character. Not because they are cute, but because they project a shadow over her eyes that makes her look more sinister when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Logan has not changed his hair in what, sixty years? The bangs are part of her character. Not because they are cute, but because they project a shadow over her eyes that makes her look more sinister when needed.
    This is an excellent comparison.
    The hair IS the character, with Wolverine and Illyana.
    The length may vary from period to period, but the distinct shape is/should always be there.

Wolverine = wing swoopies
    Illyana = bangs /fringe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Because of their outfits. From the neck up they might as well be triplets.
    Those women look nothing alike.

As for Magik, the bangs are not her character. Her soulsword and her powers, plus her personality.

Mighty Member

You aint gonna get anyone agreeing with you guy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As we're on the topic of her hair...I watched the NM movie (UGH!) for the first time over the weekend and visually, Illyana was my favourite part of it (in part because of her bangs...LOVED!). Maise as Rahne was actually pretty decent too but her hair could have been redder and her wolf-form could have been much more "wolf-like"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As we're on the topic of her hair...I watched the NM movie (UGH!) for the first time over the weekend and visually, Illyana was my favourite part of it (in part because of her bangs...LOVED!). Maise as Rahne was actually pretty decent too but her hair could have been redder and her wolf-form could have been much more "wolf-like"
    I LOVED Illyana's look in the movie! The long hair, bangs, even voice and Russian accent was so spot-on! I really loved when Illy powered up with her eyes, armor and sword.

I agree with what yo said with Rahne. I wanted to see more of a hybrid look too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

On the subject of the movie, if it had been good and became a trilogy, I'd have liked to see the final movie depicting Inferno open similar to how the fourth Bleach movie opened, with a flashback to the climatic fight with Belasco where Illyana first took over Limbo intercut with the credits and a dramatic choir singing about hell and Armageddon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I LOVED Illyana's look in the movie! The long hair, bangs, even voice and Russian accent was so spot-on! I really loved when Illy powered up with her eyes, armor and sword.

I agree with what yo said with Rahne. I wanted to see more of a hybrid look too.
    Yes.
    And yes. They really didn't push for the whole transitional wolf look. That would have been so cool.

And apart from EVERYthing else that was wrong about the movie...it's a sore spot for me that Magma wasn't in it as she was in the story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

The Midnight Suns game has been delayed until next year, it's second major delay. And the version most would get, the PS4-X-Box1-Switch version, will be delayed even further. The prequel novel and tie-in comic are still scheduled for October and September, respectively. It looks similar to the New Mutants: Dead Souls situation where it was meant to come out alongside the movie but the movie's delays screwed that up.