Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    My 'fix' to the scene is to have Gath mock Illyana during the fight and call her a child, and then we she stabs him she says something along the lines of 'I'm not the same child you fought all those years ago' instead of 'I don't know what's so special about this knife but I know where to stick it.' That change turns the entire scene from 'Illyana wins the game of magic knife hot potato' to 'Illyana shows her growth by defeating Kulan Gath.

That was never going to happen because this story basically turned in into a "Conan Smash Kulan Gath" one after the 3rd or so issue.

Well, one good thing is Nature Girl didn't get to make an apperance.....
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-09-2022 at 02:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Do you guys think Magik will appear in the X-Men 97 cartoon? Illyana Rasputina appeared as a little girl in the original X-Men TAS, so they could have her be trapped in Limbo for 7 years and become Magik. Apparently, X-Men 97 will have less censorship than the 90s cartoon, so they can do justice to Magik's dark backstory. Also, Tara Strong voiced Illyana Rasputina back in the early 90s and voiced Magik in a video game back 6 years ago, so I guess they will just rehire her if Magik appears.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Do you guys think Magik will appear in the X-Men 97 cartoon? Illyana Rasputina appeared as a little girl in the original X-Men TAS, so they could have her be trapped in Limbo for 7 years and become Magik. Apparently, X-Men 97 will have less censorship than the 90s cartoon, so they can do justice to Magik's dark backstory. Also, Tara Strong voiced Illyana Rasputina back in the early 90s and voiced Magik in a video game back 6 years ago, so I guess they will just rehire her if Magik appears.
    We can hope. Once her origin is told properly on-screen there will be excuse to repeat what Boone did in the New Mutants movie. First the writers have to be interested, and we have no idea if they are. Secondly there is the question of how much screentime they're willing to devote to the story. It's too much for a single episode and will probably need a 2-parter. That should be too much of a problem as the original series loved having 2-parters, but the question remains as to whether they'd be willing to devote 2 episodes to this specific story when they won't have that many episodes to work with to begin with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Yes. Illyana appeared in the original cartoon when she had been
    Kept dead for years. She’s now a major part of the XMen as one of their captains.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    We can hope. Once her origin is told properly on-screen there will be excuse to repeat what Boone did in the New Mutants movie. First the writers have to be interested, and we have no idea if they are. Secondly there is the question of how much screentime they're willing to devote to the story. It's too much for a single episode and will probably need a 2-parter. That should be too much of a problem as the original series loved having 2-parters, but the question remains as to whether they'd be willing to devote 2 episodes to this specific story when they won't have that many episodes to work with to begin with.
    It depends on how many episodes there are. Back in the 90s, Wolverine got a lot of focus episodes, Storm got some two partners, most people of the characters got one or two focus episodes. I think X-Men TAS is the only time Illyana appeared in animation and she didn't do much, she was mainly held hostage by Omega Red to prove he was evil enough to kill a little girl if he didn't get his way.

I think between Cololsuss getting underplayed in animation and Magik's storyline is pretty dark, she hasn't made more animated appearances, but she was in the show as a little girl, so they could adapt aspects of the Magik mini-series. Likely it would be done in flashbacks, just so the entire run time isn't just Magik and Belasco, where Magik would be around, but her backstory is not revealed until Belasco returns and Magik has to face him again and then we see flashbacks to Belasco tormenting her, its still Disney so I think they would go with flashbacks, similar to what they did with Wolverine's backstory.

Spectacular Member

I really don't think they are doing Magik in X-men 97. Doesn't fit the extremely nineties vibe of that show. But yes, if they do end up using her in that or any other cartoon then I have to assume that she just shows up fully costumed and then do her backstory in flashbacks. A full Storm & Illyana-esque story is not going to happen (and I am honestly amazed that it happened in the comics personally since it was back when the only X-comics were Uncanny and one Wolverine mini iirc.)

Also, Tara Strong voiced Illyana Rasputina back in the early 90s and voiced Magik in a video game back 6 years ago, so I guess they will just rehire her if Magik appears.
    Marvel Heroes game of the century never forget. Magik being voted in by the community was clearly proof that everyone loves her when given the chance ( )

Pretty crazy that Tara Strong voiced her both in that and the animated series 20 years earlier. And apparently she was credited in 4 episodes of the show according to IMDB which is far more than I would have thought so maybe she does have a chance to show up again.
    Last edited by Aetherna; 01-11-2022 at 05:30 AM.

She was released in December 2021 in Marvel Future Revolution and yes is still voiced by Tara Strong so yeah hard to argue that she isn't basically Magiks voice at this point

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 01-11-2022 at 12:48 PM.

YES!!! Thank you for sharing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Took me a moment to realize the kids are supposed to be the Stepford Cuckoos, but there being 5 and Emma being shocked in the background helped. Pretty cute, and they did say she was nicer than Emma.

Spectacular Member

I wonder what the ~Labors of Magik~ will entail. It's obviously a Hercules reference but that might mean nothing.

Fantastic Member

Has NM #26 been postponned? I'm trying to figure out what's going on since I just received an email from the shop I order from online with this info "2022-01-10 0.00 Removal of 1 New Mutants #26 from your DEC 21 order - Cancelled by Publisher" Sorry if this is general knowledge, I don't religiously keep up with the status of titles other than placing monthly preorders, and I was really looking forward to this Magik-centered story arc.

in the preview of Strange Academy #15 spoilers:
    Wong managed to disable Magik's Soulsword, with a gesture, lol. Marvel treats Illyana as a point guard in the mystical world.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Has NM #26 been postponned? I'm trying to figure out what's going on since I just received an email from the shop I order from online with this info "2022-01-10 0.00 Removal of 1 New Mutants #26 from your DEC 21 order - Cancelled by Publisher" Sorry if this is general knowledge, I don't religiously keep up with the status of titles other than placing monthly preorders, and I was really looking forward to this Magik-centered story arc.
    As far as I'm aware it was never solicited. Issue 25 has been delayed twice. It was originally supposed to come out this month then got pushed to March and is now scheduled to come out in April. There has never been an announcement about issue 26, which would be coming out in February if all of these delays of issues 24 and 25 didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    in the preview of Strange Academy #15 spoilers:
    Wong managed to disable Magik's Soulsword, with a gesture, lol. Marvel treats Illyana as a point guard in the mystical world.
    end of spoilers
    I'm going to assume Illyana was in on it and either did it herself or specifically allowed it to happen as part of the lesson. Not only has nothing like that ever happened in the last 40 years, but every story about the soul sword falls apart if another sorcerer can do that at all. Why did so many sorcerers try to take possession of a weapon that another sorcerer can so easily dismiss? Why has no one else ever done this since 1984? It makes no sense to all of a sudden nerf the soul sword so badly after spending so many years building it up as one of the most powerful mystical artifacts in the MU. In this case I've got no choice but to go with the usual GORM explanation that that was all an act.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 01-15-2022 at 09:29 AM.