Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The thing I'm thinking of is a directive DC had a little while back instructing Superman writers to appeal to middle-America Republicans. And which I can't find the original story or tweets for now, of course.
    Why the sudden desire to appeal to them? Seems a bit of a left field decision by the suits.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That definitely aligns with what I'm saying though, that it's homophobia/right leaning among the suits that stops these kinds of things and not the actual readers.
    If it were that simple, then Tim wouldn't have a book right now. I think it's more that they don't mind trying to court demographics that are probably right-leaning, rather than being so themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Why the sudden desire to appeal to them? Seems a bit of a left field decision by the suits.
    Probably money. Jimenez said this wasn't a hard rule, but it makes sense to want to appeal to a large segment of the population using a character from one of your franchises that at least on a surface level already appeals to their sensibilities, and is also more malleable. I didn't read the book, but from what Jimenez also said about it, it was rather progressive, so it may have been a more moderating guideline to make it more centered.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-19-2022 at 10:19 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By Gabriel Larragán:

20221205_131223.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    They hacksaw lgbt relationships between characters that are popular enough to have a solo series.
    But is that really different with straight couples?

I mean Batman and Catwoman, and Nightwing and Batgirl or even Green Arrow and Black Canary keep also breaking up and coming together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    How do people like Kate’s cowl to look like? With her eyes showing or just the white pupils?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Rereading the 1986 Man of Steel mini after many, many years and noticed the similarity between the opening in #3 and the opening in Detective Comics #854.

MOS1 - Copy.jpg

MOS2.jpg

MOS3.jpg
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Bluebird

her solo series had some fun use of creative panel layouts.

I would have loved to have seen what Jiminez had planned. But if the higher ups were saying "Make it appeal to Trump voters" they likely never would have let him do the LGBTQ story.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I would have loved to have seen what Jiminez had planned. But if the higher ups were saying "Make it appeal to Trump voters" they likely never would have let him do the LGBTQ story.
    Phil Jimenez always seems to have his plans thwarted by editorial. Superwoman, Team Titans…

Dani Commission