Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kate Kane: Batwoman Appreciation 2022

Happy New Year!

Let's have fun talking all things Kate Kane. Post art that you love. Post scenes that you feel really capture Kate.

Here's the link to last year's appreciation thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021

Last edited by Twice-named; 01-01-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Linkstorm:

Wikipedia article
    DC Database entry
    Comic Vine entry
    Current Respect Thread

Kate looks to be starting the year off nicely with what seems to be a sizable role in "Shadows of the Bat". Mariko Tamaki has been handling her pretty well, so I have high expectations.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Happy New Year to Kate and fans .

Which do you consider to be Kate’s first cameo appearance as Batwoman?

It seems most people consider it to be this panel in 52 #9:

What about this double-page spread at the end of Infinite Crisis #7, which was published first:

It's a bit like Batman's actual first appearance being Action Comics #12.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Yeah, Kate already has a leading role in "Shadows of the Bat". Looks to be a mix of Die Hard and Skyscraper.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yeah, Kate already has a leading role in "Shadows of the Bat". Looks to be a mix of Die Hard and Skyscraper.
    And Kate has long hair now?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    It's probably another wig. Kate does wear them out of uniform. She did so in "The Victim Syndicate" and in her last series. I don't know how that kept a reporter from recognizing her, though (unless Donovan is trustworthy enough to keep secrets).

I made a potential photo from when Kate and Bruce took Cass to the ballet at the end of "League of Shadows", along with a later writeup from Harper's Bazaar:

KateBalletFIN2.jpg

Harpers.jpg

By @tammysart on Tumblr:

Tumblr_l_146479397264903.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    It's probably another wig. Kate does wear them out of uniform. She did so in "The Victim Syndicate" and in her last series. I don't know how that kept a reporter from recognizing her, though (unless Donovan is trustworthy enough to keep secrets).
    I assume that's her "civilian Batwoman" wig when she wants someone to recognize her in public as Batwoman but not Kate Kane.

(I still miss the bob...).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume that's her "civilian Batwoman" wig when she wants someone to recognize her in public as Batwoman but not Kate Kane.
    Looks like it. She's going undercover for "Shadow of the Bat":

https://www.gamesradar.com/detective...ws-of-the-bat/

Looks like it. She's going undercover for "Shadow of the Bat":

https://www.gamesradar.com/detective...ws-of-the-bat/
    I dunno if it's the art or the hair, but she looks younger here for some reason.

I enjoyed Dead Dog’s Bite (Dark Horse Comics). So, it was cool coming across this piece by Tyler Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno if it's the art or the hair, but she looks younger here for some reason.
    Huh, I actually thought she looked older since her cheekbones were more prominent than usual.