Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Aside from that weird opening in HQ, both appearances this week were okay. In Aquamen, Kate is on a first name basis with Jackson and apparently Arthur, which is neat but... odd.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Aside from that weird opening in HQ, both appearances this week were okay. In Aquamen, Kate is on a first name basis with Jackson and apparently Arthur, which is neat but... odd.
    I guess she makes the rounds off-panel.

Well, the Batwoman show is cancelled, so that probably removes any danger of Kate being replaced in the comics any time soon. No reason to push Ryan Wilder any more (she exists in the comics, but never got the cowl).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, the Batwoman show is cancelled, so that probably removes any danger of Kate being replaced in the comics any time soon. No reason to push Ryan Wilder any more (she exists in the comics, but never got the cowl).
    And any comic appearance Ryan's made since has been specifically about the Arrowverse version.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Interestingly, there was an article here a few days ago suggesting Kate might go to the forefront for a while, similar to her debut in 52:
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-replace...gue-dc-comics/

Bruce will apparently be out of the picture at least for a while, Dick is in Blüdhaven, Barbara is Oracle and not in the field, so it would make sense for Kate to be the de facto head of the Batfamily for a time. This would also account for the unusual teamups she's been having over the past year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    And any comic appearance Ryan's made since has been specifically about the Arrowverse version.
    She's in the main universe now, but her last appearance suggested that her alter ego (should she get one) would be named Wildcard, an that she would have a reverse-Spoiler-type role. But that remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-30-2022 at 08:45 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Bruce will apparently be out of the picture at least for a while, Dick is in Blüdhaven, Barbara is Oracle and not in the field, so it would make sense for Kate to be the de facto head of the Batfamily for a time. This would also account for the unusual teamups she's been having over the past year or so.
    It doesn't look like Death of the Justice League is going to have an effect on the Batman books, based on the solics Batman and Tec are still going to have Bruce as the Main character.

And honestly with Barbara as Oracle the more likely scenario would be the Barbara is the head of the family and Kate would at best be the field leader (even if Huntress might also fill that role since she was use much more prominently than Kate in the last run).

Some small DC Pride previews:

20220430_123201.jpg

20220430_123044.jpg

Given the title and the green caption box, I think this story might be narrated by Jacob.

Another Friday the 13th:

tumblr_ozlrfmb8JS1sqep2mo1_1280.jpg

From Batwoman (2011) #2

Bruno Redondo

"It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Lee Weeks

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Is Kate and the larger Kane family Ashkenazi Jewish? I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere, don't remember if it's canon or fanon. I'm looking up wikis at the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is Kate and the larger Kane family Ashkenazi Jewish? I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere, don't remember if it's canon or fanon. I'm looking up wikis at the mean time.

Kate made latkes in 52 #33, which, as I'm sure you know, is an Ashkenazi dish to celebrate Hanukkah.

Esad Ribic

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Kate made latkes in 52 #33, which, as I'm sure you know, is an Ashkenazi dish to celebrate Hanukkah.
    No, I know pretty much nothing about Jewish culture. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, I know pretty much nothing about Jewish culture. Thank you.
    Kate also knows some Yiddish, a Ashkenazi language (at least historically).

In other news, her DC Pride story today was rather fluffy but good. Some flashback continuity errors that bug me.