Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Teaming her up with Harley in the Harley solo has worked better than I thought it would.

I would have to agree.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This is more the real Batwoman to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

16 years ago today, Kate Kane debuted in the pages of 52 #7.

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    16 years ago today, Kate Kane debuted in the pages of 52 #7.

Ah yes, the long-haired, non pale-faced kate of 52...she did look smokin' in that dress though.

WIP of a cover for something unknown by Álvaro Martínez Bueno:

20220626_144427.jpg

20220626_134241.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

WIP of a cover for something unknown by Álvaro Martínez Bueno:

20220626_144427.jpg

20220626_134241.jpg
    My guess is a Sword of Azrael variant cover featuring the Tynion ‘Tec team and perhaps other characters from that run.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bombshell Kate Kane by Ashleigh Beevers.

KateBombshell.jpg

By Jim Lee:

20220703_105123.jpg

This piece is currently up for auction for another few minutes, with proceeds going to The Trevor Project. It was already up to five figures on Thursday, so who knows what the final price will be.

That Jim Lee piece ended up earning $10,200.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-17-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Canon question

Extremist Jacob, I don't like, but say he was hired by the government to create The Colony, how would he do it, in character pre-Tynion depiction?

The threat of Shiva's League of Shadows was real, but how would he have handled it?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Canon question

Extremist Jacob, I don't like, but say he was hired by the government to create The Colony, how would he do it, in character pre-Tynion depiction?

The threat of Shiva's League of Shadows was real, but how would he have handled it?
    I dropped Tynion’s run after Batwoman Begins. I already disliked that they made Kate and Bruce cousins and then Tynion did what he did to Jacob. So, I never read the League storyline. As for The Colony, from what I did read, they never seemed like Batmen. Bat-like uniforms, sure. But not the skills. So, for starters, maybe Jacob would put them through training similar to Kate’s.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 07-20-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Canon question

The only "extremist" part of what Jacob did was having the Colony operate on U.S. soil without authorization; he was completely correct about the lurking threat of the League of Shadows.

It sounds odd to state this scenario as a "what if," because the Colony was an official government project. So the question of how it would have gone has basically been answered already, we just just don't know the finer details. Given that Jacob is an Army colonel and a Special Forces vet, the Colony likely recruited primarily or entirely from the Special Forces, Army Rangers, Delta, and SOAR.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-21-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Kate and Maggie meet again in Nightwing #95, which, based on the paneling, I'm not convinced isn't going to be another runaround about their breakup like that nothing story from "Crimes of Passion" was.

https://twitter.com/MikeRoe/status/1550177173553631232

Kate and Maggie meet again in Nightwing #95, which, based on the paneling, I'm not convinced isn't going to be another runaround about their breakup like that nothing story from "Crimes of Passion" was.

https://twitter.com/MikeRoe/status/1550177173553631232
    Certainly looks uncomfortable.