Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I was hoping he would join "the Midnight Sons". I liked their appearance in Brissons's run.

Too bad Greg Smallwood didn't get a chance to do his version of The Midnight Sons,
    because I still believe that The Iron Fist would've made a great addition (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I do like the name Dragon Brand.
    Thanks. I think it goes well with Danny Rand (:

Yeah, I did spot that it has 'Rand' in there, I thought it was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Too bad Greg Smallwood didn't get a chance to do his version of The Midnight Sons,
    because I still believe that The Iron Fist would've made a great addition (IMHO):

Is that Danny on the top left?

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-28-2022 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Yeah that would've been great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah that would've been great.
    I think it would a have been cool to see Danny being utilized in a series but it would have been a bit redundant to have him in a series with both Blade and Moon Knight. In fact having Black and Moon Knight both in the series is a bit redundant by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I think it would a have been cool to see Danny being utilized in a series but it would have been a bit redundant to have him in a series with both Blade and Moon Knight. In fact having Black and Moon Knight both in the series is a bit redundant by itself.
    Maybe you could seperate them by playing up the differences. For example he has a more versatile powerset and he's more of an optimistic. He doesn't have much history with the group so he could work as a POV character. There are angles to work with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Danny's of sterner moral character and equal ability.

Instant drama

Hi all. Wanted to post my thoughts on Alyssa Wong's Iron Fist #5. In short, it felt messy. After the initial read through, I was angry, mainly because of some leaps of logic. However, there is still enough in here that I appreciate. Here are my thoughts more in depth:

- What really got to me were the disjointed moments between issues. In issue four we had Lin Lie and his friends fighting the Immortal Weapons while Luke and Danny are driving around Gansu trying to find Lie. Then in this issue we have ALL of those characters seemingly together, ready to fight on Lin Lie's behalf? Whoa, what happened? When did they decide to team up? That threw me off the first reading. Thinking it over, okay, I felt it was possible to have all of these characters meet and decide to team up. I would have liked to see that.

- In this issue, Lin Lie's brother gets Kun L'un. Now, I think that's pretty cool. The whole series has been this marriage of Iron Fist and Sword Master mythologies. We find out that the final tomb of Chiyou is in K'un Lun. I like that. How Lie's brother got to Kun L'un was a little far-fetched. Sparrow and the armies of K'un Lun open a portal and help fight....only for Lin Lie's brother to just casually walk through said portal without any resistance. Hmmm. There isn't a sense of emergency either on the part of Lin Lie, Danny, Sparrow, or any other character. The enemy is in your mystical city. That is certainly a threat.

- I liked Lin Lie's new turn here. As said before, the series has been a blend of Iron Fist and Sword Master mythologies. Lin Lie symbolizes that. Him wielding the Iron Fist and the blade of the Fu Xi's sword, that was pretty cool. Reminded me of Wolverine. Plus, we finally have Lin Lie becoming Danny's student and acknowledging that he has to contact both Shang-Chi and White Fox. I want to see that.

So yeah, the landing was so-so. There are good elements here, but some plot points gave me pause. In the Iron Fist mythos now, there seems to be baggage. Part of me thinks like what others are perhaps thinking; just a clean sweep of all of this and start again from scratch.

I don't think we are there yet. There seem to be all of these great characters, ideas, and set ups. Lin Lie blends all of these interesting plot ideas. Danny would be a great teacher to Lin Lie, Pei, and hey throw in Victor Alvarez too. Sparrow is the first female leader of Kun L'un. The Immortal Weapons are still there. And of course Danny could become the Iron Fist again. There just has to be a way to make all of these pieces work.

Keeping the Iron Fists crossed for that.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Danny's of sterner moral character and equal ability.

Instant drama
    I would have liked that. Out of all of these semi-psycho, driven, and intense characters, Danny could be the levity. Not too light mind you, not an immature kid. But he could crack that joke and all of the Midnight Sons just give him the stink eye. Hilarious!
    "I am a man of peace."

Bear in mind, Iron Fist #5 was NOT the finale. To be continued in AXE: Iron Fist #1! Yep, the real conclusion is in an event tie-in!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Wanted to post my thoughts on Alyssa Wong's Iron Fist #5. In short, it felt messy. After the initial read through, I was angry, mainly because of some leaps of logic. However, there is still enough in here that I appreciate. Here are my thoughts more in depth:

- What really got to me were the disjointed moments between issues. In issue four we had Lin Lie and his friends fighting the Immortal Weapons while Luke and Danny are driving around Gansu trying to find Lie. Then in this issue we have ALL of those characters seemingly together, ready to fight on Lin Lie's behalf? Whoa, what happened? When did they decide to team up? That threw me off the first reading. Thinking it over, okay, I felt it was possible to have all of these characters meet and decide to team up. I would have liked to see that.

- In this issue, Lin Lie's brother gets Kun L'un. Now, I think that's pretty cool. The whole series has been this marriage of Iron Fist and Sword Master mythologies. We find out that the final tomb of Chiyou is in K'un Lun. I like that. How Lie's brother got to Kun L'un was a little far-fetched. Sparrow and the armies of K'un Lun open a portal and help fight....only for Lin Lie's brother to just casually walk through said portal without any resistance. Hmmm. There isn't a sense of emergency either on the part of Lin Lie, Danny, Sparrow, or any other character. The enemy is in your mystical city. That is certainly a threat.

- I liked Lin Lie's new turn here. As said before, the series has been a blend of Iron Fist and Sword Master mythologies. Lin Lie symbolizes that. Him wielding the Iron Fist and the blade of the Fu Xi's sword, that was pretty cool. Reminded me of Wolverine. Plus, we finally have Lin Lie becoming Danny's student and acknowledging that he has to contact both Shang-Chi and White Fox. I want to see that.

So yeah, the landing was so-so. There are good elements here, but some plot points gave me pause. In the Iron Fist mythos now, there seems to be baggage. Part of me thinks like what others are perhaps thinking; just a clean sweep of all of this and start again from scratch.

I don't think we are there yet. There seem to be all of these great characters, ideas, and set ups. Lin Lie blends all of these interesting plot ideas. Danny would be a great teacher to Lin Lie, Pei, and hey throw in Victor Alvarez too. Sparrow is the first female leader of Kun L'un. The Immortal Weapons are still there. And of course Danny could become the Iron Fist again. There just has to be a way to make all of these pieces work.

Keeping the Iron Fists crossed for that.
    I wished you wrote an Iron Fist run. You always had a good take on what his potential could be.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-05-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wished you wrote an Iron Fist run. You always had a good take on what his potential could be.
    Ha, thanks bro. Means a lot. Unfortunately, I'm more keyboard critic than comic writer. Still, I think the writers do come by here at times. Hopefully, they can work with these ideas and realize the possibilities of Iron Fist. The latest issue mentioned that the warriors of K'un Lun will stay with Danny too. Maybe we could have a Little K'un Lun in NYC now. Or at least the NYC branch of a K'un Lun school.

I admire how Wong is linking Iron Fist to major characters, like Loki. I'm on board for the AXE tie-in.
    "I am a man of peace."