Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I always appreciate Finn's acting in the Iron Fist series. I felt it was good in season 1 since it captured Danny's anger and frustration. He played the more mellowed version of Danny in later seasons fairly well too.

But as I've said before, Iron Fist is about martial arts. From interviews with actors and stunt coordinators, Finn didn't commit to that martial arts training for the first season. It got better in the Defenders series as well as season 2. But Iron Fist was already reeling from bad press. Finn's not doing the martial arts well made it worse.

As for Iron Fist now in comics, I'm still hopeful. I'm seeing the potential in the new Iron Fist. Furthermore, Danny is out of the Iron Fist world just yet. He's playing a role there.
    I can't really speak on the new Iron Fist since I have little interest in an Iron Fist outside of Danny as the lead and the mantle flipping in Marvel for the last few years has annoyed me. But I do hope to see Danny Rand as the Iron Fist in a new series with Cage. In a perfect world it'd be Heroes for Hire with the Daughters of the Dragon!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I can't really speak on the new Iron Fist since I have little interest in an Iron Fist outside of Danny as the lead and the mantle flipping in Marvel for the last few years has annoyed me. But I do hope to see Danny Rand as the Iron Fist in a new series with Cage. In a perfect world it'd be Heroes for Hire with the Daughters of the Dragon!
    Has anyone out there really enjoyed the new series thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Overall, I've enjoyed the new series. Ha, I think that's apparent from my previous posts. There's a good mix of elements here. The mythos of Iron Fist, Heroes for Hire, Agents of Atlas, Sword Master, and even Chinese dramas are all overlapping. I'm digging that. I'm seeing Lin Lie fit that young hero mold as well.

Some things could improve though. The dialogue and action seem functional. They get the job done, but there's something missing. Danny not connecting the dots between Shang-Chi's training of Lin Lie and the Agents of Atlas gets me as well. And yes, I'll admit, my loyalty to the Iron Fist character itself keeps me reading.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I would say I'm enjoying it... even if I'm annoyed that Danny doesn't have the Iron Fist. It's still a well written story that is continuing Sword Master's story from AoA and his now book, but not dismissing Danny altogether like I had assumed it would. I do want Danny back in the role ASAP though.

Mighty Member

Giving just some random character the Iron Fist to me is just hack writing in my opinion. Now it would have been interesting if Davos had a child out there in the MCU and would have gained the Iron Fist. That could have been interesting story. I mean how Davos and Danny would react to that.

I just really bitter that writer Larry Hama just had Danny give up being Iron Fist really just because of the backlash of the horrid Netflix series. I mean just him saying, "I don't deserve this mantle any more." Marvel should have just created new characters and books of Asian heroes protagonist and see which ones the reading public liked.

Astonishing Member

So does everybody in here hate Finn Jones?
    No. I blame the show runners for casting him. It's not his fault that he was not a good fit for the role.

Astonishing Member

Simply not interested in a new character replacing the classic. I have too many years invested in Danny Rand as the lead to put up with him as a supporting character. It reminds me of the time when Marvel stupid tried to push Maddie Franklin as Spider-Woman with Jessica Drew playing den mother to her. Maybe this isn't as bad, but it's up there.

I don't follow Iron Fist, and for me Danny and Misty has always been an unchanging constant. When did they finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I don't follow Iron Fist, and for me Danny and Misty has always been an unchanging constant. When did they finish?
    No idea, just kind of seemed like she started dating Sam Wilson at some point.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

I can't even remember an official break up scene. They have been on and off for several years so far. I thought it was a bit odd the Danny has barely had any romances beyond a kiss here or there with other characters. That is besides the nameless women in his bed in issue one of Kaare Andrews' The Living Weapon.

Extraordinary Member

So does everybody in here hate Finn Jones?
    I blame the writers for the material he was forced to work with. If you watch the Luke Cage episode that Finn guested in he did a pretty good job.

There was an Avengers mini-series several years ago that told several short stories with different Avengers members. It had the story of their breakup as well as the story of Justice and Firestar's breakup.

Hi all. Here is the latest preview for Iron Fist #3:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/13/ma...iron-fist-3-2/

Nice backstory to Lin Lie here.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Giving just some random character the Iron Fist to me is just hack writing in my opinion. Now it would have been interesting if Davos had a child out there in the MCU and would have gained the Iron Fist. That could have been interesting story. I mean how Davos and Danny would react to that.

I just really bitter that writer Larry Hama just had Danny give up being Iron Fist really just because of the backlash of the horrid Netflix series. I mean just him saying, "I don't deserve this mantle any more." Marvel should have just created new characters and books of Asian heroes protagonist and see which ones the reading public liked.
    They did. Swordmaster, Aero and Wave. The fans spoke and Marvel didn't like it so they will continue to racebend and replace other heroes because they can't get new characters over and won't invest in the years it takes to win fans over. Danny not being Iron Fist is criminal. I'm not supporting another carrying his mantle because the only reason he isn't Iron Fist is because of the Netflix backlash- which I find ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

They did. Swordmaster, Aero and Wave. The fans spoke and Marvel didn't like it so they will continue to racebend and replace other heroes because they can't get new characters over and won't invest in the years it takes to win fans over. Danny not being Iron Fist is criminal. I'm not supporting another carrying his mantle because the only reason he isn't Iron Fist is because of the Netflix backlash- which I find ridiculous.
    They can't force it...it needs to be more organic...and like you said they won't invest the time. Think of Blindspot who was introduced in Daredevil a few years back. Reboot with a new creative team and he got kicked to the curb. Editorial should have told the new creative team they are a package deal...and the next and the next. Sam Wilson did not become who he is today in only 12-24 issues...it took decades for him to be the guy he is today with the people who support him.

Same thing could be done over in the Cap book. Sam is off doing his thing now in his solo book...and Buck is used pretty well elsewhere like he was in Tales to Astonish and the recent Black Widow (and I just can't get enough of him and Clint butting heads). So bring in someone else to be Steve's new partner. Can they use Eli again? I have seen him in some minor stuff so not sure. Or (and I will continue to beat this dead horse) bring back and update Priscilla Lyons as someone who can keep up with the Abnormally Above-Normal Normals. Give them the time they need to get some traction.