Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Giving just some random character the Iron Fist to me is just hack writing in my opinion. Now it would have been interesting if Davos had a child out there in the MCU and would have gained the Iron Fist. That could have been interesting story. I mean how Davos and Danny would react to that.

I just really bitter that writer Larry Hama just had Danny give up being Iron Fist really just because of the backlash of the horrid Netflix series. I mean just him saying, "I don't deserve this mantle any more." Marvel should have just created new characters and books of Asian heroes protagonist and see which ones the reading public liked.
    They did just that with the very character that has the IF mantle right now, the books were decent especially Aero. Not sure why they stopped, I'm assuming it has something to do with sales. I don't remember those series making a huge wave.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They can't force it...it needs to be more organic...and like you said they won't invest the time. Think of Blindspot who was introduced in Daredevil a few years back. Reboot with a new creative team and he got kicked to the curb. Editorial should have told the new creative team they are a package deal...and the next and the next. Sam Wilson did not become who he is today in only 12-24 issues...it took decades for him to be the guy he is today with the people who support him.

Same thing could be done over in the Cap book. Sam is off doing his thing now in his solo book...and Buck is used pretty well elsewhere like he was in Tales to Astonish and the recent Black Widow (and I just can't get enough of him and Clint butting heads). So bring in someone else to be Steve's new partner. Can they use Eli again? I have seen him in some minor stuff so not sure. Or (and I will continue to beat this dead horse) bring back and update Priscilla Lyons as someone who can keep up with the Abnormally Above-Normal Normals. Give them the time they need to get some traction.
    Steve's working with Sharon Carter and Bucky, as well as Peggy Carter (who was resurrected in the previous run and is operating as Dryad). Sam has Misty Knight and the new Falcon, Joaquin Torres. Neither of the Patriots seem to be around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Good points. Forced this, organic that, unrealized potential, mistakes here and there, I get that with Iron Fist. Circumstances could have been and could be better. However, part of me is not counting Danny out just yet. The core of the character is good. And I firmly believe that people will remember and recognize that.

Until then, I still see Danny around. Something tells me he'll play a role in Luke Cage's new mayoral administration. There are glimpses of that in the Devil's Reign: Omega #1 coming out:

Brings a smile to my face to see how the Heroes For Hires have moved up the mayoral seat.

Also, as a reminder, Iron Fist #3 came out. We started to learn more about Lin Lie and his background. The drama started to pick up as well. Supernatural betrayals and demons appear while Lie and his band started to fight back. Now, Danny didn't make an appearance this issue. However, figures from the Iron Fist mythologies did. That's what I'm liking about this series, it's combining Iron Fist and Sword Master elements together.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I just realized Jessica Jones is now the First Lady of New York, I guess .

Danny's still rich (I think?) and has depending-on-the-writer business sense...probably good to have as a mayor. For however long that lasts.

Some pretty cool scenes from Devil's Reign: Omega:

Y'know, the more I look at this, I'm digging it. Going off of my previous post, both Luke and Danny seem mature now. The dress shirts, the ties, the loosened collars, there is a sense that these guys have grown up. They are not the struggling Heroes for Hire eating pizzas in the office, but now running a city. Well, Luke maybe running the city, but Danny is probably part of that administration. At the same time, they are willing to throw down with some bank robbers.

I want to see how this direction goes. Ultimately, I think Danny would be better for it.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Y'know, the more I look at this, I'm digging it. Going off of my previous post, both Luke and Danny seem mature now. The dress shirts, the ties, the loosened collars, there is a sense that these guys have grown up. They are not the struggling Heroes for Hire eating pizzas in the office, but now running a city. Well, Luke maybe running the city, but Danny is probably part of that administration. At the same time, they are willing to throw down with some bank robbers.

I want to see how this direction goes. Ultimately, I think Danny would be better for it.
    OMG! Sounds interesting. But, yeah. I'll miss those pizza-parties at the office, too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Anyone else notice they put Danny in a green dress shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Sounds interesting. But, yeah. I'll miss those pizza-parties at the office, too.
    Ha, exactly the scene I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Anyone else notice they put Danny in a green dress shirt?
    Noticed that as well. Same thing with Luke. Love that they kept their color schemes the same here. Again, there's a maturity but still a throwback to the past.
    "I am a man of peace."

I guess this will be the era of business suit Danny Rand.

I like costumes and masks. And super-powers.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Man, I'd give anything to have these two go back to the good ol days lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Man, I'd give anything to have these two go back to the good ol days lol.
    Power Man and Iron Fist was such a great comic. It just seemed to come out of nowhere to become one of Marvels best loved titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Power Man and Iron Fist was such a great comic. It just seemed to come out of nowhere to become one of Marvels best loved titles.
    Yeah. I mean, I get folks feel Cage progressed with a kid and wife but he just doesn't feel as fun to me. I miss my Hero for Hire Cage! I'd like a Heroes-for-Hire book set in the 70's with Cage, Rand, Colleen, Misty & Shang Chi. Guess appearances by White Tiger and Sons of the Tiger. I know Colleen used to date the white dude back in the day lol.

Hi all. Sorry I didn't post the review of Iron Fist #4. For those who need a slight catch up, here is the preview for the issue:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/10/ma...iron-fist-4-2/

As for the rest of the issue, I'll repeat what I've said in previous reviews, the dialogue is very functional. It serves the purpose of getting points across. There are clever moments and some lines that can be dramatic. But nothing really stood out.

The story leaned somewhat in that way. I don't think it was a horribly wretched story, but some parts felt boring or confusing. I dig the mixing of mythologies, Lin Lie's world with the Iron Fist world. The action scenes were pretty cool. Lin Lie using his Iron Fist against Fat Cobra was nice and that split kick he did was cool too. I'm getting a Tim Drake vibe in terms of design with Lin Lie as Iron Fist. He's not as buff as Danny, but has a lithe figure. However, I wondered how did Fat Cobra and Bride of the Nine Spiders find Lin Lie and the others? How did Danny and Luke know to go to China? Also, there was a slight misstep with Lin Lie's mask. One scene he's not wearing it and the next he is. These elements didn't distract too much from the story, but they were noticeable.

The story is coming to it's end next issue. It appears there might be a special guest star according to the previews. Hopefully the payoff will be good in the end.
    "I am a man of peace."

So I've been rereading the "Last Iron Fist Story" for the past several days:

We've talked about this story so many times, yes, but I wanted a way to reacquaint myself with Danny Rand. I forgotten how good it was. Moreover, I'd forgotten some of the themes that Fraction had established. One of those is the idea of standing alone against the odds. What holds back the armies of bad guys? The lone Iron Fist. The wielder of the Iron Fist connects to a huge ocean of possibilities, of history, techniques, and culture. And ultimately there is a tragic nature to the Iron Fist mythos. Whoever wields is destined for death.

I'm easing myself back into these old ideas. It's not a full embrace just yet, but it's getting there.

In any case, Iron Fist will tie-in to the new A.X.E. event. Looks as thought Loki will be involved as well. Here are the covers and link below:

https://www.gamesradar.com/iron-fist...-day-together/
    "I am a man of peace."